NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
    So we know that CP3 wants to leave NO. We know that he wants to play with Stat and Melo.

But we shouldn't wait for him.

What should we do then? Extend Felton? Develop Toney Douglas?

It's not idiotic at all to prepare for a DREAM scenario that all players also want. It's not like we're sacrificing anything by "waiting". We'll still play to win now.
    Unless you listen to Rosebud and say that you shouldn't do what it takes to get Melo out of hope of getting CP3 later. I don't get why you are constantly waiting to hold out for the next best thing, when their is a damn good thing right in ******* front of you. Clearly the Knicks aren't the pull that you guys think they are

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
      Phrokorov clearly doesn't seem like a guy who bought the team just as a business venture. Everything about him seems like he is another Cuban, who is the type of owner who is in it to win championships.

It's not like because the Knicks are more valuable that they have more money to spend than Phrokorov.

I don't get exactly what you are talking about then. Enlighten me
      I have never seen the Cuban thing but that is a whole other discussion entirely.

Me bringing up value of the franchise's and the Nets are not inter related the value thing was merely just another way to say how they are not the Lions of the NBA. I could have went on a long rant but I figured just the comparing the value of two in their sports would have been enough.

I only brought up the Nets to show how past results have nothing to do with today and has nothing to with trades or FA like how BBD was trying to explain.

I wasn't trying to make a Knicks vs Nets argument at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
        I have never seen the Cuban thing but that is a whole other discussion entirely.

Me bringing up value of the franchise's and the Nets are not inter related the value thing was merely just another way to say how they are not the Lions of the NBA. I could have went on a long rant but I figured just the comparing the value of two in their sports would have been enough.

I only brought up the Nets to show how past results have nothing to do with today and has nothing to with trades or FA like how BBD was trying to explain.

I wasn't trying to make a Knicks vs Nets argument at all.
        The value of a franchise really doesn't matter much, and I don't think that is why he compared the KNicks to the Lions. It is because they have both been terrible teams for an extended amount of time. If value meant something then the Packers wouldn't have won the Super Bowl against the Steelers

Comment

• I think in 2012 Steve Nash will sign a final 2 year deal of his career with NY for maybe just the MLE.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

The value of a franchise really doesn't matter much, and I don't think that is why he compared the KNicks to the Lions. It is because they have both been terrible teams for an extended amount of time. If value meant something then the Packers wouldn't have won the Super Bowl against the Steelers
            I understand value doesn't have anything to do with wins and loses but to me its a huge difference between the franchises. The Knicks have had more good years in their sport then the Lions have had. The Knicks have had a bad years no doubt but I dont think the Lions are the right comparison.

I understand that they are not the Yankess or Cowboys but they are not the same as the Marlins and the Lions and teams like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              If we're not going to try to win a title I just don't like Melo's game enough to spend the next however long until Amar'e's knees blow up, watching him and Amar'e loss to the Heat. If we want to win a title we need to get this superstar at a steal like the Lakers did with Gasol, if not I just don't enjoy watching Melo play enough.
              I don't get it bro. You don't like Melo's game, but you love Gallinari?

wtf.

I can't wait until we flush that turd down the toilet.

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
              NY Knicks are the Detriot Lions ? WOW GTFO BBD
              In terms of performance over the past 10 years? Absolutely.

Revenue is a totally different story. The Knicks were making more money than any team not named the Lakers the past 10 years. Now they've surpassed the Lakers. But how much money James Dolan pockets from the Knicks has no bearing on me as a Knicks fan. I could care less that he's cashing in on us.

Comment

I understand value doesn't have anything to do with wins and loses but to me its a huge difference between the franchises. The Knicks have had more good years in their sport then the Lions have had. The Knicks have had a bad years no doubt but I dont think the Lions are the right comparison.

I understand that they are not the Yankess or Cowboys but they are not the same as the Marlins and the Lions and teams like that.
                Fine then the Redskins is a better example, except they have had more recent success than the Knicks.

Marlins is a terrible example as they have actually had major success in the past 5-7 years

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I don't get it bro. You don't like Melo's game, but you love Gallinari?

wtf.

I can't wait until we flush that turd down the toilet.

Revenue is a totally different story. The Knicks were making more money than any team not named the Lakers the past 10 years. Now they've surpassed the Lakers. But how much money James Dolan pockets from the Knicks has no bearing on me as a Knicks fan. I could care less that he's cashing in on us.
                  Sounds a lot like the Snyder-led Skins to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    If the Knicks are anyone, they're the Redskins.
                    If we're going to compare the Knicks to any NFL team, I agree that it would be the Skins. Both have owners with **** loads of money and neither have a clue of what they're doing.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Sounds a lot like the Snyder-led Skins to me.
                      Skins are probably the best analogy.

Either way, I'm sure everyone gets the point.

This is an unusual situation where you can trade a bunch of role players for a star player. Our organization will be beyond idiotic if he doesn't take advantage of it.

I think we're applying NFL draft mentality to basketball too often here. Basketball is nothing like football.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        I think in 2012 Steve Nash will sign a final 2 year deal of his career with NY for maybe just the MLE.
                        Nash and D'Antoni didn't have the greatest relationship, but neither did he and Amar'e but it would shock me if Nash ended his career anywhere else besides Phoenix

Comment

Fine then the Redskins is a better example, except they have had more recent success than the Knicks.

Marlins is a terrible example as they have actually had major success in the past 5-7 years
                          I know I was debating between Royals, Marlins and someone else just want with the flow and said Marlins but you understood my point.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

BBD you can pick any franchise you want and take any stretch of time and compare them to a bad team I did it before with the Nets it's meaningless and has nothing to with do today or help improving your team today.

Comment

• I'm with you BBD. Role players can be replaced and if you get a chance to get a talent like Melo, you do it.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                              Nash and D'Antoni didn't have the greatest relationship, but neither did he and Amar'e but it would shock me if Nash ended his career anywhere else besides Phoenix
                              I'm telling you dude, he's going to Dallas to reunite with Dirk. Maybe not this year, but it'll happen eventually.

Comment

I know I was debating between Royals, Marlins and someone else just want with the flow and said Marlins but you understood my point.

BBD you can pick any franchise you want and take any stretch of time and compare them to a bad team I did it before with the Nets it's meaningless and has nothing to with do today or help improving your team today.
                                My point in using that analogy is, we can't just assume players will take discounts and leave their teams just bc they want to play for NY. That blind arrogance is an assumption that players view the Knicks the same way Knick fans do.

And that's completely false. Everyone thinks the Knicks are a joke. So when your organization is viewed as a joke, you need to overpay guys to get them to come here.

It was mentioned before, Stoudemire didn't come here bc it was NY. He came here bc we offered him a max contract without insuring his knees.

If we think we can use the "lure" of NY to assume everyone wants to jump ship to come here, we're wrong. That is not the case.

In that sense, we're the Lions. We are not an appealing franchise to most players. Melo is a very unique exception to this, which is why we need to take advantage of this situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information