Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heat....ur thoughts on the Melo trade?



    Thank u, well put.

    Comment


    • well, positives for me:
      - I get to still follow the draft
      - we keep Favors (who i love)
      - we might deal some picks for mozgov and chandler (hopefully chandler, if it's felton or gallo, i will cry)
      - we kind of made the knicks offer higher than it really had to be I guess.

      idk.

      ****
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

      Comment


      • There's still a chance they can sign CP3 or D-Will if they wait long enough. Seeing as how it's NY, they aren't gonna want to wait, but they're going to have to.

        There's always a way for there to be a Big 3 through Free Agency, CP3 will just most likely have to give up some sort of amount of money and the Knicks will have to sign people off the street like the Heat did in a certain aspect.

        EDIT: Unless the CBA blows after this season

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gpngc View Post
          Because when CP3 is a FREE agent he is ALLOWED to go wherever he wants.

          All those players have value to get us what exactly? What did you want us to go out and get?

          They would have been able to make us forming a big 3 much more realistic.
          I'm pretty sure you can't form a big three until you have a big 2 first.

          "The Toast" is coming true whether you want it to our not. UNLESS the CBA changes (and the cap doesn't go which it always does) in such a way that would not allow us to afford another max contract AND CP3/Deron choose to not take less money (which is also a possibility - especially when you consider that both are rumored to want to play with these two in NY).
          You have no $ to give him his max contract unless Chris Paul decides to take a pay cut you cant sign him. What is so hard to understand about that

          I rather us not get a disgruntled Chauncey Billups who probably is going to want a buy out and go to the Heat cause this Knicks team isn't winning. Plus 3 pieces of crap plus Melo's giant contract

          I am sure everybody is dying to wait 2 more seasons of losing cause might want to take a look at our roster around the 2. It is pretty ******* ******.

          Unless the CBA gifts the Knicks we are not getting a big 3 and if we get a favorable CBA that means we over payed Melo which means he wouldn't have lost as much money as he feared meaning we again **** on ourselves with this deal.

          Comment


          • also, the more i think about this trade, the more i say

            big deal, there isn't going to be basketball for a portion of next season anyways

            Comment


            • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
              well, positives for me:
              - I get to still follow the draft
              - we keep Favors (who i love)
              - we might deal some picks for mozgov and chandler (hopefully chandler, if it's felton or gallo, i will cry)
              - we kind of made the knicks offer higher than it really had to be I guess.

              idk.

              ****
              2 current Rumors:

              Harris+Murphy for Andre Miller+Pryzbilla

              3 way trade with Dallas which the Nets would get Felton and Mozgov and Harris back with the mavs. Other pieces not known.

              Sig By:The Dynasty

              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

              Comment


              • Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                You have no $ to give him his max contract unless Chris Paul decides to take a pay cut you cant sign him. What is so hard to understand about that

                I rather us not get a disgruntled Chauncey Billups who probably is going to want a buy out and go to the Heat cause this Knicks team isn't winning. Plus 3 pieces of crap plus Melo's giant contract

                I am sure everybody is dying to wait 2 more seasons of losing cause might want to take a look at our roster around the 2. It is pretty ******* ******.

                Unless the CBA gifts the Knicks we are not getting a big 3 and if we get a favorable CBA that means we over payed Melo which means he wouldn't have lost as much money as he feared meaning we again **** on ourselves with this deal.
                2 more seasons of losing? Dude you have ******* Melo and Amare you are guaranteed a top 5 seed for the next 2 years



                Sig by Me

                Comment


                • ******* spoiled Knicks fans.

                  I would kill for the Raps to add STAT and ******* Melo to their team in under a year

                  Comment


                  • Oooooh I love three ways.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                      2 more seasons of losing? Dude you have ******* Melo and Amare you are guaranteed a top 5 seed for the next 2 years
                      If you are not winning a title what is the point? This roster as of now wont win it

                      Comment


                      • Meh, I'm sure we won't be any worse off with this trade but we will need some time to (hopefully) restock the bench. Not to mention we need to find a starting center to replace Mozgof and a replacement for Billups down the line. Hopefully it can be Williams or Paul but I'm not sure that is plausible.

                        I just hope it all works out. Not a huge fan of the trade because of the assets we gave away but Melo will be fun to watch.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                          2 more seasons of losing? Dude you have ******* Melo and Amare you are guaranteed a top 5 seed for the next 2 years
                          Yep, we just have to add a role player or two and get some depth and we are title contenders.

                          Sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Who in the **** is going to play Center for New York?

                            Also, congrats to the Knicks on maybe becoming the 4th best team in the East.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                              If you are not winning a title what is the point? This roster as of now wont win it
                              The knicks weren't winning a title this year anyways. But they increased their chances in the future by like, 500%



                              Sig by Me

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                                Who in the **** is going to play Center for New York?
                                Spike Lee???

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information