NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I'm still happy. I just feel like we got duped (big surprise considering Isiah was running the show).

Now we're all in on the CP3 sweepstakes. It's all or nothing with CP3. DWill gave us a 2nd possibilty, but that's gone now.
    Eh, I dunno if you got duped. All the media talking heads keep trying to say that, but everyone keeps forgetting that Denver held the biggest trump card of all: they could offer him the most money, and they didn't have to move him.

If Denver didn't trade him, I honestly think he would have signed that extension with them. There is way too much uncertainty with the CBA, and he and his people knew they'd be leaving a ******** of money on the table. Denver called everyone's bluffs perfectly, but everyone ended up winning.

The guys you traded are easily replaceable - especially in the D'antoni system where players have artificial, inflated value that you can sucker other teams into dealing for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      Eh, I dunno if you got duped. All the media talking heads keep trying to say that, but everyone keeps forgetting that Denver held the biggest trump card of all: they could offer him the most money, and they didn't have to move him.

If Denver didn't trade him, I honestly think he would have signed that extension with them. There is way too much uncertainty with the CBA, and he and his people knew they'd be leaving a ******** of money on the table. Denver called everyone's bluffs perfectly, but everyone ended up winning.

The guys you traded are easily replaceable - especially in the D'antoni system where players have artificial, inflated value that you can sucker other teams into dealing for them.
      THANK YOU! I've been trying to say this ALL YEAR but my fellow Knick fans don't want to hear it.

But yeah, I'm calming down now. We still made a good move. It's just that now it's CP3 or bust for us.

Oddly enough, I really like our chances of landing CP3 now.

Comment

• Also, the Thunder's future seems a heck a lot more Brighter now. No Melo, no DWill, Blazers are injured with Roy's future uncertain. Heck even the Wolves should feel optimistic

Comment

• Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
          I dont understand for Utah either. Favors plus Al plus Milsap. All 4's. Maybe Milsap/Al are on the block?
          Doubt Millsap is being shopped, I mean I could be wrong though. He is a good young piece (26) to have if they are rebuilding...

Also, I would maybe field some offers for Jefferson but I didn't think he was that young (26 as well). New Jersey obviously is the winner in the deal but I like what Utah got in return, they got a ton of size now.
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by asdf1223 View Post
            Also, the Thunder's future seems a heck a lot more Brighter now. No Melo, no DWill, Blazers are injured with Roy's future uncertain. Heck even the Wolves should feel optimistic
            For the time being yes. I think the Nuggets and Jazz set themselves up to rebuild pretty quickly with these deals though.
            I'm a state.

Comment

• STEIN_LINE_HQ Under current NBA rules, D-Will isn't eligible to sign an extension w/Nets until July 9. So this can NOT be an extend-and-trade like Melo
              A little surprised the Nets went through with the trade with no extension. Big risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
                A little surprised the Nets went through with the trade with no extension. Big risk.
                Crazyyy........

Comment

• Wow. It just get a little crazier... I am sure NJ can slip in to the 7 or 8 spot just based off how D Will makes other players around him better BUT what will motivate him to sign an extension with them? lol

EDIT- Wow. didn't know they were 17-40. They would need to play out of their minds.
                  Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                  Coples is that dude.
                  Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• An A+ deal for the Nets if he re-signs. Epic fail if he doesnt. But yeah, looks sexy for the moment. I'd be giddy if I was a Nets fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• johnhollinger Deron Williams told me it was not his choice. He is stunned. Declined to do interview until he figures out what it all means.

Comment

• DERON WILLIAMS SFSIOHFNUDIGjhdsjagnurgohdfndfdsnfidosgbasudif!!!! !!

WOW!
                        ****, and we still have a ton of cap room. We can extend Deron, have Bropez and really need a wing scorer.
                        Extending Deron would be the key though, that'll be drama in itself come the summer.
                        but yea, getting a player arguably better than 'Melo, a guy who the Knicks want(again, won't get uber giddy unless he signs), and not giving all that much...Proky's smiling and kinda giving the middle finger to the Knicks.

but i dont even care about that, we got deronnnnnnn
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• The big question will of course be if he signs an extension with the Nets. Favors was the Nets potential at a big star in the future, and with him gone there isn't much else outside of Bropez. Even then, Lopez hasn't developed into the big time player people expected. He's a solid piece and should improve with D-Will setting him up but that won't fix the fact that he's soft as **** and can't get a rebound to save his life.

That and for a 7 footer his FG% is pretty bad.

Still, great deal by the Nets.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                            johnhollinger Deron Williams told me it was not his choice. He is stunned. Declined to do interview until he figures out what it all means.
                            I think this stunned everyone. like, EVERYONE. Hopefully Proky can convince him in the summer to sign. That would be HUGE.
                            but yea, I'm not surprised Deron is shell-shocked.
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• And then he'll realize that he doesn't have to be in Utah for 7 months out of the year and he will rejoice.

Comment

• Do the Nets get Brandan Wright in this deal as well? I've seen it both ways. If so he's an interesting minor piece. Pretty efficient scorer in limited minutes, wonder if he could extend that into more play time given the opportunity. Then again I've heard (don't watch enough Golden State to know) that he doesn't give enough effort defensively and given the Warriors aren't exactly the best defensive team in the league...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information