Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
    But that means that the soonest possible the Magic can be under the cap is the 2014/2015 season, and I'm not sure Howard wants to waste away his prime waiting for the Arenas and Turkoglu contracts to expire when he could step into different situations in which he is an instant title contender. The Clippers are another team who could sign him in 2012. D12+Blake 2gether would be and ESPN top 10 wet dream. I'm sure he has loyalty to the Magic and some of his friends there but I just don't see Orlando being the best chance for him to win in his career. Like you said all personal achievements he has, the thing he's missing is a title.
    They'll have talent and expiring contracts to trade...FA isnt the only way to grab talent. And I wouldnt just disregard his relationship with Otis Smith.

    I'd seriously be shocked if he left. I dont see it happening at all.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      They'll have talent and expiring contracts to trade...FA isnt the only way to grab talent. And I wouldnt just disregard his relationship with Otis Smith.

      I'd seriously be shocked if he left. I dont see it happening at all.
      I think if there is anything that we have learnt over the past year in the NBA is that loyalty and all stuff is total ******** and absolutely worthless

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Chucky View Post
        I think if there is anything that we have learnt over the past year in the NBA is that loyalty and all stuff is total ******** and absolutely worthless
        I'm not blind to that...but I really dont see it happening. I'd be shocked...that's all I'll say. haha.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Indeed. They tried to play Green at the 3 for a while, but quickly found out that Durant is not a 2. So Green is playing out of position and is relegated to the 3rd option on that team. Green can be great elsewhere. At the 3, he'd actually be able to handle the ball more, he is a good passer, but you dont really get a chance to see that much on OKC. He could probably be a 20, 7, 3 guy in a more prominent SF role elsewhere.


          I agree completely, Green is really alot better then he can showcase in OKC, he always seemed like a natural at the 3. Which is why I don't think they would short change it if he's traded, they should be able to get a pretty nice return if they decide to move him. I'd love to see Green on a team as the 2nd scorer, he'd fill up the stat sheet.





          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            I'm not blind to that...but I really dont see it happening. I'd be shocked...that's all I'll say. haha.
            Rewind a year and replace every instance of "Dwight Howard" with "Lebron James" and "Orlando Magic" with "Cleveland Cavs" and it sounds awfully damn familiar....

            This is the era of the SuperTeam and unless there are some major changes in the new CBA, I wouldn't be shocked by anthing anymore.

            Actually, scratch that. I would be shocked if an elite young Superstar opted to accept an extension with his current team in lieu of going to a SuperTeam.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              meh...

              They have Arenas and Turkoglu's contracts. And Howard and Turkoglu are very close. It's really not as bad as a lot of people think. Their only really disgusting contract is Arenas'.
              I think Turk is a keeper. The chemistry he has with Dwight is one of the keys to us being successful. The good thing is that he waived his player option when he got traded from TOR to PHX, so his contract isn't as long as people think.

              As for Arenas, I think the best thing Otis can do is give him an extension when his player option year arrives. Don't laugh. We saw Richard Jefferson give up his $15M player option in the offseason, for what? A longer deal that paid him less annually, but more over a longer period of time.

              Comment


              • I just want Arenas off the team sooner than later. lol.

                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

                Comment


                • 100% guarantee that Williams will sign an extension with the Nets

                  Nets Front Office just forced the Knicks to throw the whole franchise at Melo and then swiftly go get DWill. I wonder if the plan was to get both though

                  Comment


                  • But Arenas is the worst player in the NBA. I don't see why any team would want him on their team ever again.

                    Comment


                    • Did Deron sign or agree to an extension with the Nets as a part of the deal?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        Rewind a year and replace every instance of "Dwight Howard" with "Lebron James" and "Orlando Magic" with "Cleveland Cavs" and it sounds awfully damn familiar....

                        This is the era of the SuperTeam and unless there are some major changes in the new CBA, I wouldn't be shocked by anthing anymore.

                        Actually, scratch that. I would be shocked if an elite young Superstar opted to accept an extension with his current team in lieu of going to a SuperTeam.
                        Lebron James is kind of a douche...who was playing in Cleveland, a **** hole. Not to mention, he's damned desperate for a championship. The situations are similar in a way, but there are a lot of differences at the same time.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                          100% guarantee that Williams will sign an extension with the Nets

                          Nets Front Office just forced the Knicks to throw the whole franchise at Melo and then swiftly go get DWill. I wonder if the plan was to get both though
                          Just wait till Melo signs with the Nets in the offseason( just imagine that haha...would be epic)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Did Deron sign or agree to an extension with the Nets as a part of the deal?
                            He can't sign one until July 9th I think.
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                            Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Lebron James is kind of a douche...who was playing in Cleveland, a **** hole.
                              No one really thought of LeBron of a douche before he went to Miami. You can obviously think what you want, but you are delusional if you think Howard is any different that LeBron, Bosh, Melo etc.

                              Comment


                              • They drafted Green because 1 he has the PG county connection with Durant and they knew they'd be great friends but 2, look at the next 8 players drafted: Yi, Corey Brewer, Brandon Wright, Joakim Noah, Spencer Hawes, Acie Law, Thaddeus Young, Julian Wright. Needless to say they made the right choice. Sure the one guy who would have been a better pick would be Noah, but at the time drafting Noah at #5 would be pure insanity especially given their previous run of picks on offensively limited big men(Saer Sene, Johan Petro, Robert Swift) I'm pretty sure the only other guy who would have been considered would have been Yi.

                                Sig By:The Dynasty

                                2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information