NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
    I really do think you are overrating how much leverage the Knicks had. Melo,first and foremost, wanted that extra money and the Nuggets knew this...therefore eliminating all the percieved leverage you think the Knicks had.
    *shrug* I would've called his bluff and focused on Deron. I think we could've gotten Deron while keeping Gallo and Fields giving us a much more balanced lineup. With Deron we wouldn't have to extend him right away and so might've been able to wiggle enough under the cap to make 3 stars a reality this summer, if Melo was willing, but if he really cared more about the money than not playing for Denver/NJ we'd still have 2 stars, a squad around them and have a chance to make a run at Dwight next summer if Melo didn't wait for FA to join Amar'e and Deron.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• But I still don't get where you think NY had all this leverage in the Denver deal. It didn't exist and Knicks fans keep bringing it up.

Not to mention I have no idea how you would get Deron for less than would get Melo. Not to mention the package the Nets gave up is just as good if not better thana the package the Knicks gave up for Melo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        No, McGrady was not better than Melo in his prime. Melo is a much better overall scorer, and he never had anyone even close to Yao playing next to him.
        Melo is not better a better scorer. McGrady in his prime was more athletic, better defender, he pretty much was a better over all player. It was not entirely his faukt that he never won a playoff game especially in that playoff series against the Mavs wheree he did everything.

At one time I thought he was better than Kobe just did not have the same benefit of playing with great players (Yao was hurt alot, if he wasn't T-Mac was lol).

Comment

• Melo has always been better than the best of Tracy Mcgrady. Career 43% shooter for a supposed elite scorer? No thank you.
          Last edited by yo123; 02-27-2011, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            *shrug* I would've called his bluff and focused on Deron. I think we could've gotten Deron while keeping Gallo and Fields giving us a much more balanced lineup. With Deron we wouldn't have to extend him right away and so might've been able to wiggle enough under the cap to make 3 stars a reality this summer, if Melo was willing, but if he really cared more about the money than not playing for Denver/NJ we'd still have 2 stars, a squad around them and have a chance to make a run at Dwight next summer if Melo didn't wait for FA to join Amar'e and Deron.

How can you be so confident you would have gotten Deron just like that? Nobody even knew he was on the block, but how do you know you'd offer a better deal then what NJ did? That's all speculation, and a best case scenario for Knicks fans that was highly unlikely IMO.

Especially since your talking about getting him while keeping all these players. What deal would you have offered that Utah would have accepted over getting Favors & Harris + picks, while you keep Gallo and Fields.
            Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 02-27-2011, 04:16 AM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
              Melo has always been better than the best of Tracy Mcgrady. Career 43% shooter for a supposed elite scorer? No thank you.
              Are you seriously making that argument? Carmelo's at 45%, which is at the league average. For being "the best pure" scorer Carmelo shoots at the league average every year.

Tracy McGrady scored as much, played better defense and passed twice as well as Anthony ever has. Oh and Carmelo's playoff winning percentage is awful like McGrady.

Comment

• McGrady didn't play that much defense either, so idk where that is coming from.. I do think McGrady pre-injury was right there/right below Melo as a scorer, he could score pretty easily.
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• If Granger was a #2 option on a good team....
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Yeah I think people are forgetting how some of these players were viewed.

When TMac was traded to Houston he was considered a top 5 player in the league. The Magic were offered Marion and Amare for TMac (which the GM at the time turned down, as did TMac himself feeling he would have a better chance in winning at Houston). He was damn good.

As for the Marbury argument, while he was never at Melo's current level, he was good back then. EVERYBODY applauded the move when Isiah traded for him. And I do remember the Knicks were playing VERY good ball after getting Marbury and were competing for homecourt advantage. It was the trades AFTER Marbury that started the Knicks struggles (Nazr Mohammad and Tim Thomas). A lot of people still thought the Knicks were an up and coming team but they kept making moves that backfired.

Comment

• Why does Bill Simmons call the Thunder the Zombies? I can't figure it out...

Comment

• Russ dribbles the ball way too much for my liking..

And Harden sucks ass.

Comment

• Ok, but why really?

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            Why does Bill Simmons call the Thunder the Zombies? I can't figure it out...
                            Because they're supposed to be the Sonics, and the move irked him.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                              Because they're supposed to be the Sonics, and the move irked him.
                              I figured it probably had something to do with that. You'd think he would just keep calling them the "Sonics" then or something.

Calling them the Zombies makes me think of a team with really really old nucleus who is playing better than their age should allow.

Not the Thunder...

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                I figured it probably had something to do with that. You'd think he would just keep calling them the "Sonics" then or something.

Calling them the Zombies makes me think of a team with really really old nucleus who is playing better than their age should allow.

Not the Thunder...
                                He used to call them the Zombie Sonics and then just cut it to the Zombies.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information