Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So pissed we lost that game. We blew it. Just ugly play in the 4th. Looked like we ran out of gas.

    Settled for jumpers, didn't feed Stat enough, and Jameer was on fire and we had no answer. Just ugly in the 4th after handling them for most of the game. Gave it away.

    One positive I took from that game is I get more and more confident that we can hang with any team in the East come playoff time. I'm not saying we're contenders, bc we're not, but I think we have a puncher's chance. And as a Knicks fan in year 1 of rebuilding, that's all you can ask for.

    So far I'm pleased with the early returns. We're moving in the right direction. Our defense seems to be improving as well, even though the score doesn't show it (2nd chance points is what's killing us right now bc we lack size).

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      I am honestly shocked. (maybe too much because Murphy and Boston go so well together.) How many minutes is Troy Murphy ever going to see? Seriously?

      Shaq
      Garnett
      Kristic
      Davis
      Green

      I guess he can get his ring and just pretend he had something to do with it.
      I think with Daniels getting shipped off, Green will get most of his minutes at the 3 where he should, problem is he could struggle guarding some of the quicker guys.
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

      Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

      Comment


      • Beasley's an ass clown, but you guys can have...Arenas. ;)

        Honestly, I wouldnt want either on my team.

        Thanks BoneKrusher^

        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

        Comment


        • I don't even know if I could choose between those two.. Brodeur was right about Arenas. When that trade happened mid-season it didn't seem THAT bad.. but you would think by now the chemistry would be a little better but he still looks confused and old even though he is like 28 29.
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

          Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

          Comment


          • I would choose Beasley and it wouldn't even be close. Beasley offers something, Arenas offers nothing. And Arenas has the worst contract in basketball(and maybe even all of pro sports)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
              I don't even know if I could choose between those two.. Brodeur was right about Arenas. When that trade happened mid-season it didn't seem THAT bad.. but you would think by now the chemistry would be a little better but he still looks confused and old even though he is like 28 29.
              He has the knees of a 50 year old, but unfortunately the mind of a toddler.

              Sig By:The Dynasty

              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

              Comment


              • Yeah it probably would be Beasley haha but he is a guy that likes to play I think but still lacks a little motivation.
                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Coples is that dude.
                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

                Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  So pissed we lost that game. We blew it. Just ugly play in the 4th. Looked like we ran out of gas.

                  Settled for jumpers, didn't feed Stat enough, and Jameer was on fire and we had no answer. Just ugly in the 4th after handling them for most of the game. Gave it away.

                  One positive I took from that game is I get more and more confident that we can hang with any team in the East come playoff time. I'm not saying we're contenders, bc we're not, but I think we have a puncher's chance. And as a Knicks fan in year 1 of rebuilding, that's all you can ask for.

                  So far I'm pleased with the early returns. We're moving in the right direction. Our defense seems to be improving as well, even though the score doesn't show it (2nd chance points is what's killing us right now bc we lack size).
                  Quicker guards may be a problem as well for the Knicks, like you said they had no answer for Jameer. He was getting by Billups basically at will and there was really no interior help...not having a ton of speed at the PG spot and not having size to help on top of that could be really bad against some of the quicker PG's in the league.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Quicker guards may be a problem as well for the Knicks, like you said they had no answer for Jameer. He was getting by Billups basically at will and there was really no interior help...not having a ton of speed at the PG spot and not having size to help on top of that could be really bad against some of the quicker PG's in the league.
                    So you are saying that the Knicks have the same issues as the heat?

                    Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                      Quicker guards may be a problem as well for the Knicks, like you said they had no answer for Jameer. He was getting by Billups basically at will and there was really no interior help...not having a ton of speed at the PG spot and not having size to help on top of that could be really bad against some of the quicker PG's in the league.
                      Billups actually did a great job on him for 3 quarters. Jameer couldnt do much.

                      But in the 4th, his shot was lights out. He was hitting everything. It wasn't really him attacking the hoop if I recall correctly, he was just killing us with his jump shot.

                      It was just one of those games, when a guy is hot like that there's nothing you can do about it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Billups actually did a great job on him for 3 quarters. Jameer couldnt do much.

                        But in the 4th, his shot was lights out. He was hitting everything. It wasn't really him attacking the hoop if I recall correctly, he was just killing us with his jump shot.

                        It was just one of those games, when a guy is hot like that there's nothing you can do about it.
                        He was definitely hot from three, but there were certain points where he was attacking the basket as well and they really couldn't do much. One play he actually had a wide open layup and just passed out of it because he wasn't looking. There was another play in the 4th where he blew by Billups and there was literally no help, Billups just had to hack him. Think he had a total of 4 or 5 layups and got fouled a couple of times as well.

                        We'll see what happens as the season goes on, you're right they did do a good job on him for a few quarters but Billups isn't a stellar athlete and again they don't have much inside. Definitely could have been an overreaction to a few plays, but based on their personnel it makes sense it could be a problem for them.
                        Last edited by derza222; 03-02-2011, 02:48 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          He was definitely hot from three, but there were certain points where he was attacking the basket as well and they really couldn't do much. One play he actually had a wide open layup and just passed out of it because he wasn't looking. There was another play in the 4th where he blew by Billups and there was literally no help, Billups just had to hack him. Think he had a total of 4 or 5 layups and got fouled a couple of times as well.

                          We'll see what happens as the season goes on, you're right they did do a good job on him for a few quarters but Billups isn't a stellar athlete and again they don't have much inside. Definitely could have been an overreaction to a few plays, but based on their personnel it makes sense it could be a problem for them.
                          I can see that for sure. My guess is maybe we put Anthony Carter or perhaps Tony Douglas on quicker point guards. We lose some offense with either of those 2 on the court though.

                          I did like our defense with both Carter and Billups in the back court though.

                          It will be interesting to see what element if any Jeffries will bring to the table now that he'll be part of the rotation. He is a solid defender.

                          It seems to me that the team seems more commited to moving towards a more defense oriented direction moving forward. Now the key is to gel on both sides of the ball and bring a consistent effort on that front come playoff time.

                          You can feel there is a greater sense of urgency now. We'll see how it goes. I'm more concerned about next year than this year, I just want to see flashes this year. And so far, I'm happy with how the team is flashing.

                          Comment


                          • Whoa whoa whoa you guys I said Beasley regressed, he's still light years ahead of the pile of suck that is Agent Zero. Beasley is still a talented scorer he just doesn't do much else except decent rebounding.

                            Comment


                            • Yeah the improved effort/focus when it comes to defense for the Knicks will be key going forward. I was a part of the school of thought I think YFS posted a few pages ago that you keep D'Antoni for a few years, let him inflate the value of some players with his system, trade them and then bring in a coach who's committed to defense...because you're not going to win a championship the way he runs the team (as I believe you and a few other Knicks fans have said more than once or twice). But if they can start defending with D'Antoni as the coach then that would definitely be a major step in the right direction. Defense wins 'ships, especially in the NBA.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                Whoa whoa whoa you guys I said Beasley regressed, he's still light years ahead of the pile of suck that is Agent Zero. Beasley is still a talented scorer he just doesn't do much else except decent rebounding.
                                Beasley is uber-talented, but he's so god damn reckless with the ball.


                                http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information