NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    It goes back to the whole "do stats tell the whole story?" argument. I personally don't think they do, not in basketball or football.

Bargani scores 2 less points per game than Dwight Howard. You'd be criminally insane to think that they are anywhere near the same pedestal as basketball players even though their offensive production indicates they're very close.

They don't tell the whole story obviously, but they can paint a decent picture. Of course Bargani isn't anywhere near Dwight because Dwight does it much more efficiently, and is better than Bargs at everything else. I'm not just talking about looking at raw PPG numbers.

It's not like Boozer is known as a choke artist either.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
      Yes, it is absurd. Teams that cant play defense arent successful in the playoffs. I mean back to back years I think the Suns were the 1 seed with Dantoni and they had 2nd round exits. Over a 7 game series that brand of basketball just doesnt work.

I do think the Knicks are a team to watch our for in the future though. Just not this year.
      The thing is...we have been playing defense. Ever since the trade, the team has an entirely different identity.

We are a half court offense, and we play much much much harder on defense now. Does the score indicate that? No, bc of 2nd chance points. But if you watch them, you see a much different team from the one prior to the Melo trade.

I honestly don't expect much beyond winning 1 playoff series, but I don't think we're as terrible as we may be perceived to be.

Like I said though, I readily admit I'm probably being a massive homer right now. It's been a long time guys. It's been a long long time.

Comment

The thing is...we have been playing defense. Ever since the trade, the team has an entirely different identity.

We are a half court offense, and we play much much much harder on defense now. Does the score indicate that? No, bc of 2nd chance points. But if you watch them, you see a much different team from the one prior to the Melo trade.

I honestly don't expect much beyond winning 1 playoff series, but I don't think we're as terrible as we may be perceived to be.

Like I said though, I readily admit I'm probably being a massive homer right now. It's been a long time guys. It's been a long long time.
        Im not saying you guys are terrible by any means, I just dont see this as being the year the Knicks return to glory. I do see if in the future though if they can aquire a good center.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

I don't even know about winning that one series....I doubt you're going to crack the top 4 teams which means your first round will be against one of the Celtics, Magic, Heat or Bulls....all teams that I think you'd lose a series to. Win a game or two? Yeah....but lose the series.

Comment

• I just want to take a dump on the Chicago Bulls. Come on Knicks, rub a turd all over their face, and I'll be a happy camper for the rest of the season regardless of what happens after that.

Every loss to the Bulls still stings me to this day. I want the stars to align so we play the Bulls in the 1st round. I want the Bulls.

No offense guys, nothing personal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              I don't even know about winning that one series....I doubt you're going to crack the top 4 teams which means your first round will be against one of the Celtics, Magic, Heat or Bulls....all teams that I think you'd lose a series to. Win a game or two? Yeah....but lose the series.
              Out of those teams you mentioned I think the Knicks could only beat the Magic in a series. Outside of Dwight Orlando is pure garbage in my opinion.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                Out of those teams you mentioned I think the Knicks could only beat the Magic in a series. Outside of Dwight Orlando is pure garbage in my opinion.
                Dwight has been on a mission though, and would hand it to the knicks.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Pure garbage is pretty damn harsh. The team is actually starting to gel as a unit. Jameer killed the Knicks, too. I woulnt forget that. J Rich is one of the better, non super star guards in the league. And if Hedo gets his **** together, he can be extremely dangerous in the playoffs. By the time the playoffs role around, Orlando will probably be a much stronger team than they have appeared to be this season. I've liked the direction they've turned as of late. And with Dwight playing the way he is, Orlando really shouldnt be taken too lightly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Pure garbage is pretty damn harsh. The team is actually starting to gel as a unit. Jameer killed the Knicks, too. I woulnt forget that. J Rich is one of the better, non super star guards in the league. And if Hedo gets his **** together, he can be extremely dangerous in the playoffs. By the time the playoffs role around, Orlando will probably be a much stronger team than they have appeared to be this season. I've liked the direction they've turned as of late. And with Dwight playing the way he is, Orlando really shouldnt be taken too lightly.
                    No one on the team is averaging over 14ppg other then Dwight. Thats pretty sad in my eyes. He leads the teams in steals for crying out loud!

Jameer is just a average guard in this league. Hedo is done, hes not what he was with Orlando a few years ago. I do really like Earl Clark and JJ though. J. Rich is a good player though, i'll give them that much.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYmoney View Post
                      I heard Bibby's on the block too. Imagine how great he would be on Miami. That would be unreal. Just magical.
                      hahah saw this on page #2. Jus thought it was funny.

Sig by BK

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                        No one on the team is averaging over 14ppg other then Dwight. Thats pretty sad in my eyes. He leads the teams in steals for crying out loud!

Jameer is just a average guard in this league. Hedo is done, hes not what he was with Orlando a few years ago. I do really like Earl Clark and JJ though. J. Rich is a good player though, i'll give them that much.
                        The shooting percentages arent bad, they just happen to be a pretty non-selfish team these days. So just because we dont have a second 20 point guy, doesnt mean they dont have scorers. Nelson, Richardson, and Turkoglu are all capable of going off for 20 on any given night. And all three are great playoff contributors who are known for stepping up.

And lets not forget that Orlando still boasts the leagues 5th best defense. It's taking a while longer than expected, but they're beginning to come together. They've just begun what will be a real tough stretch, should be a good gauge of where they're at right now.

I'll certainly admit that they're inconsistent...but they're deep, and playing better lately, and they should only get better barring injury. And again, Dwight has never been as good as he is right now. He's unguardable...in the playoffs, he's going to be a major problem for opposing teams.

edit...And as for Hedo being done...he's not done. His shooting percentages are actually at, or above his career averages, and he's averaging a career high in assists on Orlando. He's just choosing to shoot less. He's playing well...sure, I wish he would be a little more assertive and shoot more, but the guy is still playing good basketball.

Orlando is far from perfect, but still very formidable and still a threat to go very deep in the playoffs.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-03-2011, 03:54 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

The shooting percentages arent bad, they just happen to be a pretty non-selfish team these days. So just because we dont have a second 20 point guy, doesnt mean they dont have scorers. Nelson, Richardson, and Turkoglu are all capable of going off for 20 on any given night. And all three are great playoff contributors who are known for stepping up.

And lets not forget that Orlando still boasts the leagues 5th best defense. It's taking a while longer than expected, but they're beginning to come together. They've just begun what will be a real tough stretch, should be a good gauge of where they're at right now.

I'll certainly admit that they're inconsistent...but they're deep, and playing better lately, and they should only get better barring injury. And again, Dwight has never been as good as he is right now. He's unguardable...in the playoffs, he's going to be a major problem for opposing teams.

edit...And as for Hedo being done...he's not done. His shooting percentages are actually at, or above his career averages, and he's averaging a career high in assists on Orlando. He's just choosing to shoot less. He's playing well...sure, I wish he would be a little more assertive and shoot more, but the guy is still playing good basketball.
                          I will give you that they are very unselfish. 7 people scoring double digits is nice, but I just cant see them doing anything in the playoffs without a legit 2nd scorer. J.Rich I think can be that guy but a team like the Knicks, Boston, Miami, Thunder and even the Hawks can shut him down.

Dwight can easily take over a series because Amare can cover him, Shaq cant because hes never healthy, Bosh/Dampier cant and Horford cant either. Perkins is the only guy who can give Dwight problems.

Sig by BK

Comment

Orlando is far from perfect, but still very formidable and still a threat to go very deep in the playoffs.
                            I agree with this. They key to everything is Hedo. If he starts balling out like he did the year they went to the Finals, they become an incredibly uncoventional and difficult matchup for teams. He's really the only guy they have who can create or shoot off the dribble and if he, Howard, and J-Rich get hot at the right time they can be downright unstoppable. Problem is that while Hedo and J-Rich can both be dynamite, they're both very, very streaky.

Comment

• I think the key to Orlando, just as with the key to Miami is shutting down the role players and letting the superstars get their points. That means single coverage on defense. We did it to Dwight earlier this year and his teammates struggled. We also did that with Miami in the 2nd game and the role players struggled.

Oh and Dwight had better get a steady dose of the ball tonight.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Give Dwight the ******* ball this is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information