NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Lebron is a guy near the top of the league in all around peripheral numbers. Doesn't make him the best player in the league. Lebron is not the killer that Kobe is.

Who's better at bringing you back in the game when you are down? Kobe.

Who's better at closing out games? Kobe.

Who's better at winning? Kobe.
    Uhhh, I'd probably say LeBron is better at all of those things. But you're pretty pretty vague at what all those things mean, so..

I'm also pretty confident (reasonable) Lakers fans would say LeBron is a better player than Kobe.

The one thing Kobe is better at is last second shots, but most games aren't decided on last second shots anyways.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      Uhhh, I'd probably say LeBron is better at all of those things. But you're pretty pretty vague at what all those things mean, so..

I'm also pretty confident (reasonable) Lakers fans would say LeBron is a better player than Kobe.

The one thing Kobe is better at is last second shots, but most games aren't decided on last second shots anyways.
      Not all of them. But a lot of important ones, ie playoff games are.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Not all of them. But a lot of important ones, ie playoff games are.
        LeBron has also dominated numerous playoff serious too, which is just as important as hitting last second shots (if not significantly more).

Michael Jordan always gets a lot of praise for some of his key last second shots, but the best thing Michael ever did for his team in the playoffs is have games where he would just go berserk and **** the opposing team. That's what LeBron has done, and can still do.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Wasn't the NBA basically revitalized on the notion of a few star studded teams constantly battling it out in the playoffs/finals?

I think it's obvious a few teams need to go, so that the smaller teams can have more access to talent via the draft and free agency, but I do believe come playoff time the battle of the "big three" type teams will create a ton of buzz and fun once they fill out the rest of their rosters in the next couple years.
          Fun for who? Casual fans? In the long run, having all the talent tied up into just a few teams seems like a horrible proposition...unless you're a fan of one of those teams.

Knowing that your team has no chance to win the championship in any given year, could be quite demoralizing.

The playoffs are plenty exciting without a few super teams dominating the lot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

LeBron has also dominated numerous playoff serious too, which is just as important as hitting last second shots (if not significantly more).

Michael Jordan always gets a lot of praise for some of his key last second shots, but the best thing Michael ever did for his team in the playoffs is have games where he would just go berserk and **** the opposing team. That's what LeBron has done, and can still do.
            Yeah I agree. Really, the only flaw in LeBron's game is his jump shot. He won't ever be a good clutch player (hitting the last shot/kill shot) until he works on his jump shot.

90% of the time, those game winning shots are jump shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Yeah I agree. Really, the only flaw in LeBron's game is his jump shot. He won't ever be a good clutch player (hitting the last shot/kill shot) until he works on his jump shot.

90% of the time, those game winning shots are jump shots.
              The ability is there. He's done it in the past. The issue is trust in it, and only doing it after he's hot. There's not a natural trust yet that he can do it at a high percentage out of the blue.

Comment

I dont think Lebron has the mentality to be the best right now. I think he has all the tools, some of the best gifts a basketball player could ever have...but hes a mental midget.

Its the same in baseball for me. You could have the best fastball in the world, you can have the best stuff in the world, but if you dont have that killer mentality than you arent going to make it.

and just from seeing interviews/watching him play, he doesnt have it.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...?f=64&t=943463

LeBron is the best player followed by Dwight Howard. Lebron has also been clutch in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                    What "realistic" big three scenarios would you like to see in upcoming years?

My choices:

Bulls
                    PG Derrick Rose
                    PF Carlos Boozer
                    C Dwight Howard

Not so much a big three as a big two, but Rose and Howard together would be completely mesmerizing. Both are young too, they'd be able to stick together at an elite level for 8+ years, at least. I've always thought Boozer was a bit overrated, but with these two guys on his team he could play well. If they could somehow land someone like Andre Iguodala (who I like more than Deng), that would be one baaaaaadass team.

Maybe something like this (with cash and picks involved too):
                    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4ln7vd9

What other scenarios would you guys have?
                    Can't see the trade, so I don't know if it includes Noah. But Noah just got signed to a 5 year $60M extension. I doubt we go after Dwight Howard.

Most likely Chicago would go after a SG/SF in the next couple years with Rose, Boozer, and Noah all locked up.

Comment

• http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...2&ved=0CCIQkAE

In sports, clutch refers to a competent and/or superior play during high pressure situations. Most often it is a successful action taken under high pressure during a game, usually at the end, that may result in a significant change on the game's result.
                      I hate this "Lebron has done well in a couple playoffs so he's clutch" talk.

Simply playing well overall in the playoffs is not clutch to me. By that logic, the early 90s Bills were clutch since they dominated the AFC playoffs....but they are not actually clutch seeing as how they acquired 0 Superbowl wins.

Clutch is more of a moment thing, not a game thing. So Lebron played well in a few playoff games.....did his team with the series? Did his team go onto and win the championship?

No. Therefore, not clutch. And ask yourself, truly. Game 7 for the NBA finals, down by 3......you can plug in any current player to take that shot for you. Would you really pick Lebron? Because nobody should actually want to pick Lebron...he doesn't have it all together mentally to trust with that. The statistics can be damned because I'll still give that shot to Kobe.
                      Last edited by BeerBaron; 03-09-2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Haha this makes up for Blake's dunk contest showing:

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...2&ved=0CCIQkAE

Simply playing well overall in the playoffs is not clutch to me. By that logic, the early 90s Bills were clutch since they dominated the AFC playoffs....but they are not actually clutch seeing as how they acquired 0 Superbowl wins.

Clutch is more of a moment thing, not a game thing. So Lebron played well in a few playoff games.....did his team with the series? Did his team go onto and win the championship?

No. Therefore, not clutch. And ask yourself, truly. Game 7 for the NBA finals, down by 3......you can plug in any current player to take that shot for you. Would you really pick Lebron? Because nobody should actually want to pick Lebron...he doesn't have it all together mentally to trust with that. The statistics can be damned because I'll still give that shot to Kobe.
                          You obviously don't read 82games or RealGM. Clearly, clutch is defined by the last five minutes of any game with neither team ahead by more than 5.

Comment

• Did Forenci just call LeBron an unselfish superstar? That made me lulz.

I just don't know if LeBron gets 'it.' It's hard to quantify what 'it' is, but I really question that in his game. He is so immensely talented it's ridiculous and he truly has no ceiling, buy his mental game leaves a lot to be desired. Basketball is more than just box scores. I've beaten the **** out of this horse, but in my opinion he doesn't have the intagibles to maximize his potential.

There's always been something a little off about him, which is why I have doubts about his game and his ability to will his teams to victory.

With that said I still believe he's going to win a title or two just based off pure talent. I'd take him on my team anyway though I loathe him because he's a very good player who makes your team so much better.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              You obviously don't read 82games or RealGM. Clearly, clutch is defined by the last five minutes of any game with neither team ahead by more than 5.
                              That's just asinine.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...2&ved=0CCIQkAE

So was John Elways drive clutch?
                                going 6-24 in the finals game 7 clutch?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information