Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I doubt they can afford Dalembert.

    Comment


    • Bosh demands the ball in the paint.

      LeBron ultimately replies with "Well stop being a *****, and you'll get it"

      Comment


      • Bosh does have a point though: he is forced out to the elbow and his shot breakdown shows he is relying more (too much) on his jump shot; shooting 50% of his shots as jumpers rather than 30% last year. He is very effective in the low post, especially when he is at PF. But then again it took Coach Spo 50+ games to realize that a LeBron-Wade pick and roll would be effective (gasp!) so I don't know if we'll see Bosh used correctly. Coach Spoelestra knows defense, but his offensive imagination is sorely lacking. He is the Anti-D'Antoni.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
          Bosh does have a point though: he is forced out to the elbow and his shot breakdown shows he is relying more (too much) on his jump shot; shooting 50% of his shots as jumpers rather than 30% last year. He is very effective in the low post, especially when he is at PF. But then again it took Coach Spo 50+ games to realize that a LeBron-Wade pick and roll would be effective (gasp!) so I don't know if we'll see Bosh used correctly. Coach Spoelestra knows defense, but his offensive imagination is sorely lacking. He is the Anti-D'Antoni.
          The Heat need to get rid of James or Wade. I thought it was dumb back in July when James decided to come to the Heat. Now, my point is being proven for me.

          They would have been much better off with Wade and Bosh as their #1 and #2 scorers, with Mike Miller as the #3 option. They could've used somebody like Brendan Haywood, but the Mavs (stupidly) are paying him $9 million/year.

          Signing all three has been bad for the rest of the team. They score about 80% of the team's points, which is too high a number.

          Comment


          • The Heat without LeBron James would be the 6th seed in the East. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade have shown glimpses of absolute brilliance, notably in December, and even when better teams have bested them it was in the 4th quarter and a few plays away from being an entirely different story. So I cannot disagree any more.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
              And hes mentally soft? yeah.
              sooo.. everyone whos missed multiple last minute shots is mentally soft?

              Sig by BK

              “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                Welcome to my world! I've been doing since before he signed with the Heat because people were just stupidly unreasonable when it came to LeBron.

                Honestly, I wish I did like him. It would make this much easier.

                Although, I will say for comparison, that I like LeBron a million times more than MJ. But that's just because MJ is a giant ******* asshole both on and off the court.
                Does it hurt more having one guy constantly prevent you from winning, or to have one guy get your hopes unrealistically high only to spurn you?

                I guess I'd say the latter, because even when the first guy wasn't playing the Knicks still couldn't win anything...

                Comment


                • Excited for the game tonight, but I've got a funny feeling the Heat will win. Both teams have been streaking for too long. It's just the law of averages.

                  Heat are about to go through an absolute murderer's row on their schedule (right when Chicago is hitting an incredibly easy part of their schedule). Heat need to try and use this game tonight to reboot and go on a little run before the playoffs.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                    Excited for the game tonight, but I've got a funny feeling the Heat will win. Both teams have been streaking for too long. It's just the law of averages.

                    Heat are about to go through an absolute murderer's row on their schedule (right when Chicago is hitting an incredibly easy part of their schedule). Heat need to try and use this game tonight to reboot and go on a little run before the playoffs.
                    They won't win until Mike Miller gets his stroke back and Chris Bosh gets his confidence. If they do that they could easily go on another run like they did in December. The Heat are desperate so they might pull it off, but with Andrew Bynum on a tear I have a hard time envisioning LA not winning.

                    As for home court, it will be crucial against Boston but if they Heat right the ship and play like they can (think DEC/JAN) they will beat Chicago, no doubt in my mind. In fact, I would rather play Chicago any day than Orlando if I'm the Heat. Plus there is always a chance that New York or Atlanta knocks off Chicago, which I think could happen. I'm with BBD, Chicago is a regular season paper tiger. Chicago is the new Cleveland to me: too reliant on one offensive player to win in the playoffs.
                    Last edited by Shiver; 03-10-2011, 11:52 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      Here is my plan for Miami: fire Spoelestra after they lose to Boston, sign Samuel Dalembert to a MLE next season and hire Nate McMillan to be your head coach. Then move Dwyane Wade to his original position, point guard, where he was in 2003 and 2004. In free agency target young and unproven players rather than the undead they tried this year: Juwan Howard? Jerry Stackhouse? Jamaal Magloire? Eddie House?

                      PG - Dwyane Wade
                      SG - Mike Miller
                      SF - LeBron James
                      PF - Chris Bosh
                      C - Samuel Dalembert

                      6th man Udonis Haslem
                      McMillan just got an extension, so tell me how this makes sense.


                      RIP TheManInBlack

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        They won't win until Mike Miller gets his stroke back and Chris Bosh gets his confidence. If they do that they could easily go on another run like they did in December. The Heat are desperate so they might pull it off, but with Andrew Bynum on a tear I have a hard time envisioning LA not winning.

                        As for home court, it will be crucial against Boston but if they Heat right the ship and play like they can (think DEC/JAN) they will beat Chicago, no doubt in my mind. In fact, I would rather play Chicago any day than Orlando if I'm the Heat. Plus there is always a chance that New York or Atlanta knocks off Chicago, which I think could happen. I'm with BBD, Chicago is a regular season paper tiger. Chicago is the new Cleveland to me: too reliant on one offensive player to win in the playoffs.
                        The thing about Chicago is that the slowed-down tempo of the playoffs works in their favor and works against the Heat. They will only go as far as Derrick Rose can take the, though, and I do share doubts that they can make it far without a reliable second scoring option. However, if Thibs can turn their series into low-scoring slugfests (which is what most playoff series end up being) then they can do some real damage.

                        The playoffs this year are going to be so ******* awesome. I can't wait.

                        Comment


                        • Oh noes, my plan is ruined.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            Here is my plan for Miami: fire Spoelestra after they lose to Boston, sign Samuel Dalembert to a MLE next season and hire Nate McMillan to be your head coach. Then move Dwyane Wade to his original position, point guard, where he was in 2003 and 2004. In free agency target young and unproven players rather than the undead they tried this year: Juwan Howard? Jerry Stackhouse? Jamaal Magloire? Eddie House?

                            PG - Dwyane Wade
                            SG - Mike Miller
                            SF - LeBron James
                            PF - Chris Bosh
                            C - Samuel Dalembert

                            6th man Udonis Haslem
                            I disagree with targeting young guys in FA. You look at the Celtics and how they did it, it was through older veterans. Guys like House, Posey, PJ Brown were instrumental in winning. How many huge shots did House knock down? Ditto for Posey and how great was his D? How many times did PJ Brown pull down a rebound when that's exactly what they needed? Young players are really unpredictable and the vast majority wouldn't know "the little things that win championships" if it hit them in the face. Veterans are still the answer IMO. They'll provide some stability and hopefully keep the whiners in line.


                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                            Comment


                            • http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46195

                              JOIN!

                              Sig by BK

                              “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                                I disagree with targeting young guys in FA. You look at the Celtics and how they did it, it was through older veterans. Guys like House, Posey, PJ Brown were instrumental in winning. How many huge shots did House knock down? Ditto for Posey and how great was his D? How many times did PJ Brown pull down a rebound when that's exactly what they needed? Young players are really unpredictable and the vast majority wouldn't know "the little things that win championships" if it hit them in the face. Veterans are still the answer IMO. They'll provide some stability and hopefully keep the whiners in line.
                                Exactly. Playoff basketball is an old man's game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information