• Show
Clear All

• nets came back and beat the clippers.
    4 IN A ROW WOOOOOOO
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      How ugly would a Chicago-Boston series be? It would be awful to watch, but it's looking pretty likely.
      Good basketball isnt awful to watch.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• By the way I think Chicago gets the 1st seed; Boston is in typical pre-postseason slump with losses to Clippers and 76ers. Unless the Heat go berserk the last month of the season.

This might be the most exciting post-season I can remember anticipating. There are four teams in each conference that I think could make the finals. Each of the potential match-ups have tantalizing potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post

There was plenty of good basketball in the 70s and 80s where the games were much faster and more high scoring, just so you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
            Seriously...does not compute.

Oh no! The score isn't in the 100s at the start of the 4th quarter! This game sucks!

Look at the 3 Chicago-Boston games this year. They were pretty much the opposite of awful.

Also, does everyone forget the playoffs 2 years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              There was plenty of good basketball in the 70s and 80s where the games were much faster and more high scoring, just so you know.
              104-92, 110-105 (96-96 in regulation), 90-79.

Yea, real low scoring there...

Comment

• By the way, I just looked at the Heat's schedule. If they can make it through the next five games: Memphis, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Atlanta, Denver with a 4-1 or 3-2 record they can pass Boston and Chicago. They don't play another good team for another three weeks. They have a cupcake schedule. If they can keep up their momentum from the LA win I could still see them with the top seed.

Not that they have a great home court advantage though.... but it would be helpful to them if they can force Boston and Chicago into a 7-game slug-fest and avoid playing the Knicks in round 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                  104-92, 110-105 (96-96 in regulation), 90-79.

Yea, real low scoring there...
                  Yeah, actually yes it is. The Lakers of the 80s played a pace of 101 possessions per game, ranking 10th out of 23 teams. However, that is still a full five possessions more per game than the fastest and most up-tempo team this year or the last.

Only ONE team in 1986 played at a pace that was under 96 possessions/game: that means the fastest team this year would be the 22nd (out of 23rd) fastest team in the league. Oh and did I mention that the NBA was rather good in the 80s.

I dislike the style of the bad boy Pistons, the Spurs/Pistons of this decade and now the Celtics. It's successful, but I don't enjoy it.
                  Last edited by Shiver; 03-11-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Boston/Chicago would be boring as hell. Nobody on either of those teams excites me in the least, and this thread would never stop talking about Derrick Rose anytime he does anything slightly decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
                      Boston/Chicago would be boring as hell. Nobody on either of those teams excites me in the least, and this thread would never stop talking about Derrick Rose anytime he does anything slightly decent.
                      2 best teams in the East and playing to see who goes to the finals....not really boring.

And everyone would be talking about Derrick Rose, just like they do about anyone else who wins a MVP.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Defensive basketball is awesome to watch, you guys are crazy. Every basket counts that much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Defensive basketball is awesome to watch, you guys are crazy. Every basket counts that much more.
                          You must hate watching Kevin Love play then ;D

Also, their was some mad beef going on in the Raps-Pacers game today. About a month ago, Collison took a three in the final seconds of a blowout games against the Raps, so Barbosa went for a layup today in the final seconds when the Raps were up 10. Danny Granger pretty much just lost it haha. He said in the post-game that if he was covering Barbosa on that play he would ahve tried to taken his head off and break his neck.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            Defensive basketball is awesome to watch, you guys are crazy. Every basket counts that much more.
                            That's why college basketball can be awesome to watch. There are tons of teams that run and shoot early in the shot clock and also play great defense.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• This game is sick.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                I would crack up watching Lebron play baseball or line up as a cornerback.

Deion Sanders was a better athlete.
                                Playing multiple sports doesn't automatically make someone a better athlete. That's just oversimplification. LeBron has excelled and every sport he's played.

And Lebron would still be a 6'8 250 pound man with amazing athletic ability, no matter what sport he played.
                                Last edited by Halsey; 03-12-2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information