Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Compare Basketball to almost every sport and you'll note that Basketball has the most points out of any of them- with the possible exception of Cricket.

    That alone probably seems exciting to the casual fan, but that also sets the bar for enjoyment obscenely high, to the point where plodding, proficient, defense-minded basketball can turn fans off.

    But you don't NEED a fast tempo to play good basketball or draw in fan interest!

    All you need is intelligent play, a serious focus in fundamentals, and a willingness to get rid of the ball if it helps the team. Going to the 80's, look at the Lakers and Celtics. Being the two teams with the most Finals Appearances in the decade, they showcased fantastic fundamentals and passing, and were surprisingly slower than what you'd want from a fast tempo team- but they were exceedingly proficient at scoring and putting themselves in position to score. Few 'black hole' players, few 'Iso-Specialists' who need to ball to create points via driving...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      Playing multiple sports doesn't automatically make someone a better athlete. That's just oversimplification. LeBron has excelled and every sport he's played.

      And Lebron would still be a 6'8 250 pound man with amazing athletic ability, no matter what sport he played.
      Time to Play 'What If'; this week's edition- LeBron James playing other Sports!

      My two cents:

      In Football he'd be penciled in at TE and be devastating in that Antonio Gates mold- outjumping and outreaching for every ball thrown in his direction. He'd also see action on FG Blocking units.

      In Baseball he'd get stuck at First Base due to his huge frame- this in turn lets him reach much farther than most first basemen. His frame would have to be adjusted for baseball, but presumably he's strong enough to pull off a power slugger routine.

      In Soccer he's either a Quality Goal Keeper- presuming he can do enough work close to the ground to compensate for his height- or a Target man. Imagine him out-leaping defenders on corner kicks to head in goals or making long range shots. His higher center of gravity may give him fits against smaller competition in a sport not so vertically inclined, but he could conceivably adjust.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
        Time to Play 'What If'; this week's edition- LeBron James playing other Sports!

        My two cents:

        In Football he'd be penciled in at TE and be devastating in that Antonio Gates mold- outjumping and outreaching for every ball thrown in his direction. He'd also see action on FG Blocking units.

        In Baseball he'd get stuck at First Base due to his huge frame- this in turn lets him reach much farther than most first basemen. His frame would have to be adjusted for baseball, but presumably he's strong enough to pull off a power slugger routine.

        In Soccer he's either a Quality Goal Keeper- presuming he can do enough work close to the ground to compensate for his height- or a Target man. Imagine him out-leaping defenders on corner kicks to head in goals or making long range shots. His higher center of gravity may give him fits against smaller competition in a sport not so vertically inclined, but he could conceivably adjust.
        What about hockey?

        Or is.......

        Comment


        • dorell wright and monta ellis combined for 15/20 from 3pt land against the magic, and not one mention of it in this thread?
          my quick smells like french toast

          Comment


          • Just look at the way he runs.



            come on

            Sig by: BK

            02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
            02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
            02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
            Originally posted by fenikz
            we all hate you

            Comment


            • what ever happened to evilnixon?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                What about hockey?

                Or is.......

                Be honest, can you see him skating effectively?

                Running is one thing, but skating?

                Comment


                • Deion was maybe faster. thats about all he has on Lebron.

                  Sig by BK

                  “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                    Deion was maybe faster. thats about all he has on Lebron.
                    I have no doubts that Deion was faster. Then again, he should have been. Deion was a 6-1, 200-pound cornerback. LeBron is a 6-8, 250-pound small forward. Deion has wet dreams of being the athlete that LeBron is. That's saying something, because Sanders was an amazing athlete.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                      Be honest, can you see him skating effectively?

                      Running is one thing, but skating?
                      To be fair, we have as much evidence that he'd be a great skater as we do that he could hit a baseball.


                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                        Be honest, can you see him skating effectively?

                        Running is one thing, but skating?
                        Actually I was thinking the same thing haha. But thought it would be too politically incorrect to post.

                        Comment


                        • guys, the Nets are only 4.5 games back of making the playoffs...could you imagine?
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                            guys, the Nets are only 4.5 games back of making the playoffs...could you imagine?
                            You probably couldn't control yourself if that happened. "Nets championship bound baby!"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              guys, the Nets are only 4.5 games back of making the playoffs...could you imagine?
                              They'd get pwned by the Bulls or Celtics. Sorry Scotty I really love u man, but I got to be the voice of reason.

                              Comment


                              • psssh, i don't even expect us to make the playoffs, let alone beat a possible #1 seed hahah. i just wanna see it happen!
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information