NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    The Heat just showed why I'm really not concerned with the Spurs at all come playoff time. They've turned into a run-n-gun team that is over-reliant on jump shots and the three ball. They have nobody on the perimeter who can isolate or beat their defender off the dribble, and Duncan can't give them anything inside. Not only that, but he can't even get off the ground to contest shots anymore. It's like he's anchored to the floor.
    Tony Parker and Manu can't beat their men off the dribble, really? Parker can still penetrate inside whenver he wants

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Only reasons LA is better than SA is because of the Lakers size and the fact they have Kobe. Still think that will be the WCF.
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
        Tony Parker and Manu can't beat their men off the dribble, really? Parker can still penetrate inside whenver he wants
        Ginobili has been a complete non-factor in the two games against the Lakers. Parker I'm not overly concerned about, as he tends to struggle when he's funneled inside to Bynum and Gasol.

Comment

• David Thorpe of ESPN now agrees with what I was saying back in June: Greg Monroe should have been the #2 pick in the Draft. Why didn't more people see that Evan Turner was not a prospect worthy of being #2?

Comment

Ginobili has been a complete non-factor in the two games against the Lakers. Parker I'm not overly concerned about, as he tends to struggle when he's funneled inside to Bynum and Gasol.
            You are using a two game sample size, well 3 game if you are including the Heat game yesterday although surely you can't have forgotten the last Heat/Spurs game. I mean if we are using 2 game sample sizes than we can infer that the Lakers can't handle the Heat because Pau can't step in and stop the penetratration from Wade and Bron.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
              David Thorpe of ESPN now agrees with what I was saying back in June: Greg Monroe should have been the #2 pick in the Draft. Why didn't more people see that Evan Turner was not a prospect worthy of being #2?
              people fell in love with Turner's ability to do everything "well" and he was a good college player, but I agree, I LOVED Monroe. His biggest knock was he wasn't aggressive enough. you're telling me that some NBA coaching and NBA players aren't going to fix that and light a fire under his ass?
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                You are using a two game sample size, well 3 game if you are including the Heat game yesterday although surely you can't have forgotten the last Heat/Spurs game. I mean if we are using 2 game sample sizes than we can infer that the Lakers can't handle the Heat because Pau can't step in and stop the penetratration from Wade and Bron.
                Well, I'm terrified of the Heat for that exact reason - especially given Bynum's tendency to foul whenever he gets beat. Not only that, but the Lakers' Achilles' heel this year has been transition defense. Although, playoff basketball does favor old legs, so we'll see if the Heat can score as consistently when they can't just outrun the other team.

As far as San Antonio goes, there's still another two matchups between the teams before the playoffs, so we'll get a better idea how they match up. The only thing they currently do better than the Lakers is shoot the three ball - which is what they've lived off of this season. I'll take my chances with guys like Richard Jefferson and Gary Neal having a regression back to the mean.

Comment

The Heat just showed why I'm really not concerned with the Spurs at all come playoff time. They've turned into a run-n-gun team that is over-reliant on jump shots and the three ball. They have nobody on the perimeter who can isolate or beat their defender off the dribble, and Duncan can't give them anything inside. Not only that, but he can't even get off the ground to contest shots anymore. It's like he's anchored to the floor.
                  I agree with you. I think the Lakers will beat them in 5 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                    David Thorpe of ESPN now agrees with what I was saying back in June: Greg Monroe should have been the #2 pick in the Draft. Why didn't more people see that Evan Turner was not a prospect worthy of being #2?
                    Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    people fell in love with Turner's ability to do everything "well" and he was a good college player, but I agree, I LOVED Monroe. His biggest knock was he wasn't aggressive enough. you're telling me that some NBA coaching and NBA players aren't going to fix that and light a fire under his ass?

Not saying he should have been the #2 pick, but Turner has been playing better since his pathetic start to the year. I still think he's going to be a good player. But Cousins probably should have been #2, Monroe 3rd.

Comment

• Ed Davis should have also gone higher in hindsight. The guy will never be star but he is a great rebounder, plays solid D and has nice touch. Is a future starter in the league for sure

Comment

• Yeah I hated Davis coming out, reminded me too much of Brandan Wright. But he's been one of the few good rookies this year.

Comment

As far as San Antonio goes, there's still another two matchups between the teams before the playoffs, so we'll get a better idea how they match up. The only thing they currently do better than the Lakers is shoot the three ball - which is what they've lived off of this season. I'll take my chances with guys like Richard Jefferson and Gary Neal having a regression back to the mean.

I really don't see San Antonio winning it. I don't think Tim Duncan can turn it on and go back to being a 40-minute horse that they will need to ride in the playoffs.

Mostly I think that Oklahoma City is going to beat them in the 2nd round and they won't even be able to make it to Los Angeles. Ibaka and Perkins give them the interior presence to wear down Duncan, and their perimeter length and athleticism will overwhelm the Spurs.

Comment

• Oh crazy ESPN and your simulations......

I probably couldn't get that to happen again in 100 tries

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              Oh crazy ESPN and your simulations......

I probably couldn't get that to happen again in 100 tries
                              According to my (probably wrong) math, it will happen ~3 times out of every 1000 simulations.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• w/o Noah & Booze...JaVale McGee or whoever the **** looked great yet Bulls still raped
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information