• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      In the draft you always, always go for the All-Star potential. Demarcus Cousins can be a dominant player and you just hope you can rein in his crazy attitude. Greg Monroe may embrace whatever role, but in the NBA you need stars. For the NFL Draft I am very conservative and I embrace known commodities, solid contributors and role players; but I have an entirely different view of Basketball.
      I tend to agree with your point, but I think Monroe can get better too. They're almost exactly the same age. To me, Monroe seems to have the maturity that will help him have a long NBA career. I worry that Cousins will be another big man who stops trying as hard after he gets paid a big contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
        10 less shots..10 shots for others..optimistically 5 made shots by others,,,, 5 more assists for d rose...so in other words..20-13? im confused
        Alright so...

He's shooting 44% this year. So lets say on a good night he makes 5 of those 10 shots. That's at least 10 points, possibly more if any are 3's or he gets fouled.

Or, you're saying, would you rather him take 5 fewer shots but get 5 more assists? Well, 5 assists means 5 scores....so there again would be a minimum of 10 points.

I think it's a wash. As long as his shooting doesn't get suddenly terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
          Bet the lazy-ass Hawks in Atlanta tonight -1.5 over red-hot Denver. Will bump this after they stop trying in the middle of the 2nd quarter and lose by 20.
          ATL was up 34-24 in the 2Q.
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
            It was cool...but CAN WE GET A FREAKIN TRAVEL, ref?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

• That was a foul, but that was some whining by Wade.

Comment

• Way to be, Thunder!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• The Thunders length and athleticism is going to give the Spurs and maybe even the Lakers fits in the playoffs. They showed tonight that they have awesome potential on the defensive end now that they have a starting lineup of Westbrook-Sefolosha-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins. I think they are Los Angeles' biggest competition.

By the way, love the nickname Mike Tirico gave Serge Iblocka.

Comment

• Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    I love arguing with Boston fans about Rondo. Lols. Anyone wanna chart the FG% of players like Calderon/Rose/Nash/Westbrook/Conley pass to compared to whom RR passes to on the regs?

Also, with Rose averaging 25 ppg, would you want him to take 10 less shots, which allow him to have 5 more assists a game which make him have 10 less pts his numbers 15 and 13 and have more losses or a guy who averages 9/13 with ****** perimeter shooters? Answer me this. Please someone. PLEASE

im guessing the people he passes to..wouldnt allow hi to have that many assists.
                    Here's the problem.

The ultimate example of a Point Guard who sacrificed his stats to improve the team overall is Isiah Thomas- by that I meant he was an elite scorer who willfully subjugated himself in order to win titles as opposed to someone like Magic, who was naturally unselfish and had to learn the killer scoring edge instead.

The strategy for Thomas was simple- 'do what I normally do, but take enough off the top and make sure my teammates, every last one that's on the court with me, are involved and getting touches. In turn, presumably, they are more motivated and willing to do all the nitty-gritty stuff on defense and off the ball, so long as they know they are getting properly fed. Keep doing this if the game is in the bag for us. But if we need a rally, if we are down to the last minutes and this team needs a boost and my teammates need me to step up, then I lay the smack down.'

When anybody talks about Rose shooting too much, or singing Rondo's praises, they're usually falling back to the Isiah argument.

Does that help answer your question, friend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zycho32 View Post
                      Here's the problem.

The ultimate example of a Point Guard who sacrificed his stats to improve the team overall is Isiah Thomas- by that I meant he was an elite scorer who willfully subjugated himself in order to win titles as opposed to someone like Magic, who was naturally unselfish and had to learn the killer scoring edge instead.

The strategy for Thomas was simple- 'do what I normally do, but take enough off the top and make sure my teammates, every last one that's on the court with me, are involved and getting touches. In turn, presumably, they are more motivated and willing to do all the nitty-gritty stuff on defense and off the ball, so long as they know they are getting properly fed. Keep doing this if the game is in the bag for us. But if we need a rally, if we are down to the last minutes and this team needs a boost and my teammates need me to step up, then I lay the smack down.'

When anybody talks about Rose shooting too much, or singing Rondo's praises, they're usually falling back to the Isiah argument.

Does that help answer your question, friend?
                      So long story short, Rose does what's best for his team and Rondo does what's best for his team.

I think that's a pretty fair summation of their play.

Comment

• But if you switch teams, Rose would still be great and Rondo and the Bulls would win 30 games.

Comment

• The Bulls would absolutely still be a playoff team, especially in the East.

Comment

• Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                            It was cool...but CAN WE GET A FREAKIN TRAVEL, ref?
                            If you go read the rulebook and pull out a magnifying glass you can clearly see "traveling rules do not apply to superstars."

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

• Dwyane Wade is very frustrating to watch. He can be so dynamic, but he relies too much on the refs whistle. Slamming into Ibaka/Perkins/Collison and trying to get calls while throwing up circus shots wasn't going to get it done. .. oh and the horrible jump passes he's fallen in love with. And his 3-point heat checks when he is an awful 3-pt shooter.

That being said, he is good for six spectacular plays per game and 25-5-5-2-2 on good nights so obviously his flaws are not large in the big picture.
                              Last edited by Shiver; 03-16-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                But if you switch teams, Rose would still be great and Rondo and the Bulls would win 30 games.
                                Absolutely agree on the first part, not so much on the 2nd.

I don't like Rondo and think his actual talent is elevated because of his team, but he is a good player. But if he were on the Bulls, they wouldn't be as good but their defense would be ridiculous still. They would still win 42-48 games, and would easily be a playoff team in the East.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information