NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    The Bulls put Derrick in a good position to succeed and he takes advantage of it with clutch baskets.

You don't win 50+ games without help, but at the same point we are a lottery team without Derrick. We do play great defense and we do rebound extremely well, but we are offensively challenged. In fact, we are flat out ugly offensively sans Rose and in this league you still have to score to win. We'd be a competitive team, but we'd fall short because we don't have a go to guy offensively.

I'd liken our team without Rose to Milwaukee.

In my Stephen A. voice, quite frankly I could care less about the MVP award. I want to get to the Finals and win a title. I don't need a trophy or stats to tell me how valuable Derrick is to this team. Who was the last player to win an MVP and win a title in the same season? I believe it was Duncan back in 2003.

As nice as it would be for Derrick to get the individual recognition it doesn't come anywhere near winning a title and I'm sure he would agree.

I understand that he hasn't been the most efficient player this year offensively, but he's made up for it by hitting huge buckets or making a big play in key moments. I'd be willing to expound on this, but I believe Derrick is an exception to the efficiency rule.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I said it when he was drafted but I do believe Rose is the new era Allen Iverson. Stylistically obviously their games differ and how they get buckets but in terms of on court production I think Rose will follow an Allen Iverson path. Rose has a leg up though because he is far more secure with the ball.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
        Miami-3rd in East
        Cleveland - Lottery

No one is getting anything confused.
        Everyone's been waiting for Cleveland to beat the Heat though
        Like NBANetwork said, it was their SuperBowl
        It was just amusing to see... plus, it was a good game overall
        Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        People made it a HUGE deal when the Lakers lost to them too. The Cavs are the worst team in the league.....what do you expect?

In the end the Heat are still gonna make the playoffs and the Cavs wont. The Lakers will still make the playoffs and the Cavs wont, but it is still embarrassing.
        Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
        And lets face it, the Cavs were much more motivated especially in this game. They wanted it so bad, it was game 7 of the Finals for them. Yeah, it sucks to lose since we fall behind the Celtics for the #2 seed now, but whatev. The Lakers were on a back to back or something. At the very least it was the long road trip before the ASG. And the Celitics are struggling with some lesser opponents too now. So its just kind of like all the teams know where they stand. And don't wanna get into such a grind. I wonder if there are talks of shortening the regular season or something cuz yeah, the top 3 teams were in each confrence were in the playoffs by the ASB, the bottom two or 3 were officially out. Does it really take 82 games to figure out who is good and who sucks?
        Yeah but you all are overlooking something big, momentum going into the playoffs. Sure a loss to the cavs isn't going to mean much in the grand scheme of things but I would much rather be riding a wave into the playoffs then having to start one in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          I said it when he was drafted but I do believe Rose is the new era Allen Iverson. Stylistically obviously their games differ and how they get buckets but in terms of on court production I think Rose will follow an Allen Iverson path. Rose has a leg up though because he is far more secure with the ball.
          Okay I get they are both great finishers, but AI threw his body at defenders while Rose contorts out of the way. Rose shares the ball, while AI hogged it. So what are you really trying to say? I see very little comparison between the two. Stylistically-different, personality-different. So where is there anything to compare?
          Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
          Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

I said it when he was drafted but I do believe Rose is the new era Allen Iverson. Stylistically obviously their games differ and how they get buckets but in terms of on court production I think Rose will follow an Allen Iverson path. Rose has a leg up though because he is far more secure with the ball.
            You're gonna have to explain that one further. I see way too many differences to hang onto one or two similarities.

I could see Rose as a Steve Francis though.

Comment

Allen iverson took a team of eric snow, kevin ollie, mutumbo, matt geiger and aaron mckie to the finals and took a game from the kobe and shaq led lakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
                Allen iverson took a team of eric snow, kevin ollie, mutumbo, matt geiger and aaron mckie to the finals and took a game from the kobe and shaq led lakers.

and stepped over T.Lue with an attitude!
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                  and stepped over T.Lue with an attitude!
                  And followed with losing the next 4 games with attitude.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                    And followed with losing the next 4 games with attitude.
                    That team was a lottery team without AI.
                    The Lakers were the heavy favorite for a good reason.
                    Still loved watching AI play though. He was 100% effort on every play.
                    Played damn near every minute... rested during practice! Zing!
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
                      Yeah but you all are overlooking something big, momentum going into the playoffs. Sure a loss to the cavs isn't going to mean much in the grand scheme of things but I would much rather be riding a wave into the playoffs then having to start one in the playoffs.
                      There are still like 8 games left. And the Boston Celtics from last year say hey.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        You're gonna have to explain that one further. I see way too many differences to hang onto one or two similarities.

I could see Rose as a Steve Francis though.
                        I can definitely see the Steve Francis comparison, though Rose will most likely have a longer reign of success. marbury?

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                          There are still like 8 games left. And the Boston Celtics from last year say hey.
                          ehhh... it also depends if you even believe in momentum. It's not really a quantifiable thing. could just be superstition.

But on the flip side in terms of the C's last year, you could argue that momentum was less important because they had the experience already of playing together in the playoffs whereas this would be the Heat's first playoff appearance with this exact team.

Comment

• The big difference between Rose and any of those comparisons (AI, Franchise, Starbury) is that Rose isn't a giant douche. He cares more about practicing to improve his game and do what his team needs to win, than filling up a stat sheet and looking good.

Other than that, he is very similar to Starbury and Franchise, just that his skill set is equal or slightly better and at a much younger age.

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              The big difference between Rose and any of those comparisons (AI, Franchise, Starbury) is that Rose isn't a giant douche. He cares more about practicing to improve his game and do what his team needs to win, than filling up a stat sheet and looking good.

Other than that, he is very similar to Starbury and Franchise, just that his skill set is equal or slightly better and at a much younger age.
                              "Practice? Don't talk about practice. How am I going to get my teammates better by practicing?"

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                The big difference between Rose and any of those comparisons (AI, Franchise, Starbury) is that Rose isn't a giant douche. He cares more about practicing to improve his game and do what his team needs to win, than filling up a stat sheet and looking good.

Nice post. When comparing a player you also need to look at intangibles. Rose doesn't come close to AI, Starbury or Stevie Franchise in that regard.

Assuming Derrick stays healthy he will be an elite player for a long time because of his work ethic. He does compare physically to Francis and Marbury, but mentally they are completely different players.

Derrick is already talking about trying to develop a post game this offseason to add to his offensive repertoire. ******* unreal.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                                Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information