Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Bill ******* Russell what is wrong with you people

Comment

• Kobe is around 7th. I'd put MJ, Bill Russell, Wilt, Magic, Bird, and Kareem ahead of him. Guys like Shaq and Tim Duncan have good arguments as well. No way is he the second best player ever.

Comment

• Russell, Bird and Kareem to add to that list

Comment

• I literally included all three of them.

Comment

• Ya, sorry...clicked last post and it just took me to your last post on the previous page.

In regards to your new list...I would likely put Timmy D ahead of Kobe and agree that Shaq and him may be too close to call. Although Shaq was def more dominant

Comment

• I don't see how you could put the most dominate player in NBA history lower than kobe. To tell the truth, if I could pick a player for one season, it'd have to be shaq over MJ. The man was just unguardable and he was a better defender than people give him credit for.

Comment

• Duncan isnt better than Kobe, enough said.

Kobe definitely isnt 2nd right now and prolly never will be.

My number 2 is Magic, and I know I might get slammed for saying this, but had he not gotten the HIV virus he could have very well gone down as the best player ever.....yeah I said it.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuan33 View Post
                  I don't see how you could put the most dominate player in NBA history lower than kobe. To tell the truth, if I could pick a player for one season, it'd have to be shaq over MJ. The man was just unguardable and he was a better defender than people give him credit for.
                  Don't be ignorant. Shaq is limited, while MJ could score from anywhere on the court. Opposing teams actually wanted Shaq to be on the court in the last few minutes, just for the reason that they'd be able to foul him.

Comment

• I love when people bring up people possible being better than MJ, I don't know if it's just ignorance or for the sake of being different but no. Jordan is the best player ever and it's not even an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                      I love when people bring up people possible being better than MJ, I don't know if it's just ignorance or for the sake of being contrarian but no. Jordan is the best player ever and it's not even an argument.
                      I said he was, however I stand by my statement. So....sorry bout it.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Whether you stand by it or not is irrelevant it's wrong. I'm sure you being a Laker fan has nothing to do with it.

Jordan in his prime was elite at everything you want in an NBA SG other than 3 point shooting. Nothing Magic could have done after the HIV would have come close to him. The only thing he did better was playmaking for others and Jordan was great at that too. MJ being tons better as a scorer and defender makes up for that and much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Whether you stand by it or not is irrelevant it's wrong. I'm sure you being a Laker fan has nothing to do with it.

Jordan in his prime was elite at everything you want in an NBA SG other than 3 point shooting. Nothing Magic could have done after the HIV would have come close to him. The only thing he did better was playmaking for others and Jordan was great at that too. MJ being tons better as a scorer and defender makes up for that and much more.
                          Its prolly wrong in quite a few peoples' eyes, but I really dont give a ****.

Just like every person in the world who has been a basketball fan, MJ was my favorite player in his prime. But Magic's game was not comparable to anyone who has ever played the game of basketball. A PG at 6'9" who was the best passer, best scorer, best at everything at his position. He was impossible to guard because he was too quick to be guarded by a 3 or a 4, and way too big to be guarded by a 1 or 2.

He could go off for 20 assists in any given game, and if he really wanted to could go off for 40 points. Just like MJ, Magic was unguardable, he could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. Me being a Laker fan has nothing to do with my opinion. Its just being a basketball fan, so you can swallow that idea.

So once again.....sorry bout it.
                          Last edited by SickwithIt1010; 05-07-2011, 01:54 AM.

Comment

• Bah my reply got deleted but here's the TDLR of it cause I don't want to write it again.

1. A big is easier to build around
                            2. A big's defense affects the game more than a perimeter
                            3. Shaq needed to be tripled and double teamed every time in his prime.
                            4. I don't care where my points come from whether it's FTs or 2/3 pointers. I'd take 57% anytime.
                            5. Shaq had the most dominate finals I've seen in 99-00. He averaged 38.0 points, 16.7 rebounds and 2.67 blocks .
                            6. I'd take Shaq if it was one season but career wise it has be to be Jordan.
                            Last edited by tuan33; 05-07-2011, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
                              Don't be ignorant. Shaq is limited, while MJ could score from anywhere on the court. Opposing teams actually wanted Shaq to be on the court in the last few minutes, just for the reason that they'd be able to foul him.
                              Limited? What do you want him to do play like Dirk? Take jumpers? Why go for a lower percentage shot when a dunk is about 99.9% to go in. His job was the pound the paint and he was the best I've ever seen at that.

Comment

• It doesn't matter if a big is easier to build around in this situation. The player you are building around is MJ. You're only focusing on Shaq's strengths, and you're underestimating MJ's.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information