No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The arguement of Magic VS MJ is being solely looked at from the offensive end.
    The reason Jordan goes down as the greatest isn't his 30ppg career avg and his dunk contrest trophies.
    It's that coupled with his DPOY and 9-time 1st team All-Defense
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
      It doesn't matter if a big is easier to build around in this situation. The player you are building around is MJ. You're only focusing on Shaq's strengths, and you're underestimating MJ's.
      Under estimating his strength? He's probably the top 2 greatest perimeter defender and top 10 offensive player. There's no underestimating MJ but you're acting like he's unstoppable. Payton, Lewis, and the knicks have all slowed/stopped him. Prime Shaq though was unguardable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
        The arguement of Magic VS MJ is being solely looked at from the offensive end.
        The reason Jordan goes down as the greatest isn't his 30ppg career avg and his dunk contrest trophies.
        It's that coupled with his DPOY and 9-time 1st team All-Defense

Not to mention the insane efficiency. He had a 5 year stretch where he averaged over 30 a game on over 51% shooting. You won't ever see that from a guard again. Ever.

It makes me so sad that I have to argue this.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Not to mention the insane efficiency. He had a 5 year stretch where he averaged over 30 a game on over 51% shooting. You won't ever see that from a guard again. Ever.

It makes me so sad that I have to argue this.
          Only way for a guard to score like that is be to a slasher like Wade. Wade is pretty much early Jordan-lite. He doesn't have the length of Jordan so he wouldn't be as effective. Also the scoring over 30 a game back in the 80's is different from how it is now. The game is slower now than it was in Jordan's prime years. From 85-95 the league average for points was from 101-110 points per game and now it's around 97 points per game.
          This maybe due to players being less skilled now than they were then but it's harder to score 30 now than it was back when Jordan was doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuan33 View Post
            Only way for a guard to score like that is be to a slasher like Wade. Wade is pretty much early Jordan-lite. He doesn't have the length of Jordan so he wouldn't be as effective. Also the scoring over 30 a game back in the 80's is different from how it is now. The game is slower now than it was in Jordan's prime years. From 85-95 the league average for points was from 101-110 points per game and now it's around 97 points per game.
            This maybe due to players being less skilled now than they were then but it's harder to score 30 now than it was back when Jordan was doing.

No way it's harder now with the tightened handchecking rules. MJ would score 35 a game every year with today's rules.

Comment

No way it's harder now with the tightened handchecking rules. MJ would score 35 a game every year with today's rules.
              That is def one of the most overlooked points when people compare MJ to Kobe

Comment

• It's harder now because the pace of the game is slower than in Jordan's heyday. Did you ever watch the show time lakers and how fast they moved the ball up the court? Less possessions per game=less chance to score. So while I don't doubt he'd be a leading scorer, he wouldn't be able to jack up 35-37 points a game and it not be detrimental to his team winning.

Comment

• I'm glad Dirk has been giving Tyson Chandler alot of love lately. I've been bitching and moaning about trading for Chandler for 2 years in the NBA discussion thread every time an off-season or trade deadline approached. Granted he is getting the business by Bynum who is an absolute stud but his defense, rebounding, and defensive presence is what we lacked in the Finals vs Miami.

Plus our depth has really come to play. Peja is just clutch, lots of playoff experience and big shot experience. It excites me that the winner of the OKC/Memphis series is gonna be the inexperienced and younger team in comparison.

One of the more exciting playoff games I've watched in years last night. Big shot after big shot, nobody led by more then 8 all the way through.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• OKC looks really tough. They don't even need Westbrook and Durant to go off the way some of their supporting guys are playing. Ibaka has taken his game to a new level and the scary part is he's only ******* 21 years old. The thing that held them back last year is interior defense but with Ibaka/Perk/and Collison who has been great throughout the playoffs that's now another strength. I have them over the Bulls in the championship.

Comment

OKC looks really tough. They don't even need Westbrook and Durant to go off the way some of their supporting guys are playing. Ibaka has taken his game to a new level and the scary part is he's only ******* 21 years old. The thing that held them back last year is interior defense but with Ibaka/Perk/and Collison who has been great throughout the playoffs that's now another strength. I have them over the Bulls in the championship.
                      I have OKC over the Heat atm. Don't know if Rose is enough to stop the way the Heat are playing. OKC is a much better team then the Mavs also, all I'm really banking on is the experience factor and hope it gives a slight advantage.

But the interior defense has picked up a ton which was the missing link. If Harden can continue to play big they'll be tough to beat. I'd love to see Durant win a ring.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        I have OKC over the Heat atm. Don't know if Rose is enough to stop the way the Heat are playing. OKC is a much better team then the Mavs also, all I'm really banking on is the experience factor and hope it gives a slight advantage.

But the interior defense has picked up a ton which was the missing link. If Harden can continue to play big they'll be tough to beat. I'd love to see Durant win a ring.
                        The Bulls pick is 50% heart/50% brain. I just really want to see a Thunder/Bulls series. I'm definitely more confident in the OKC half.

Comment

• Are you kidding me Westbrook? Move the ******* ball that's like 4 straight possessions where he's dribbled for 24 seconds and jacked up a shot.

Comment

Kobe is around 7th. I'd put MJ, Bill Russell, Wilt, Magic, Bird, and Kareem ahead of him. Guys like Shaq and Tim Duncan have good arguments as well. No way is he the second best player ever.
                            My all time favorite will always be Hakeem Olajuwon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                              My all time favorite will always be Hakeem Olajuwon.

I actually thought about including him but figured I'd get killed for it. Hakeem was amazing on both ends of the floor.

Comment

• Hakeem is a top 5 big man of all time probably...

Wilt
                                Russell
                                Hakeem
                                Duncan?
                                Kareem
                                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                                Coples is that dude.
                                Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Working...
                                X