Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • STRIP,

    What type of fine/suspension do you see for Bynum?

    Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

    Comment


    • I think Bynum should get a 10 game suspension...his actions were such grabage and this isn't his first instance of poor choice of physical "play"


      Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

      Comment


      • It will be less I see a 3-5 game suspension and a sizeable fine. This was a one game suspension and was actually essentially the same thing Bynum did, Bynum just hit a smaller guy. This is a league or result though, so I suppose if Mcgee busted his head up open it would have been more than a one game suspension for Brand. Plus because of the attention this has been given I can see Stern wanting to put out a message of zero tolerance.


        Sig By:The Dynasty

        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

        Comment


        • I also feel like what Odom did could influence a Bynum suspension. It seems like Odom will kind of get away with elbowing Dirk and extra punishment will be thrown on Bynum for following Odom's lead.

          Bynum explained himself basically by saying he was tired of watching the smallest guy on the court walk through the lane and throw up layups so he fouled him. I don't necessarily see it as him trying to hurt someone, just take out his frustration. I'm not defending him -- it was a ***** move -- but at some point you get tired of watching your teammates stop playing defense and hoping you cover their ass.
          Last edited by sbh15; 05-09-2011, 02:48 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
            I also feel like what Odom did could influence a Bynum suspension. It seems like Odom will kind of get away with elbowing Dirk and extra punishment will be thrown on Bynum for following Odom's lead.

            Bynum explained himself basically by saying he was tired of watching the smallest guy on the court walk through the lane and throw up layups so he fouled him. I don't necessarily see it as him trying to hurt someone, just take out his frustration. I'm not defending him -- it was a ***** move -- but at some point you get tired of watching your teammates stop playing defense and hoping you cover their ass.
            That's a pretty bs argument by him. JJ Barrea is short enough to be a horse jockey, all Bynum had to do was reach out his arms and he could block Barrea from the 3 point line. His intent was to hurt Barrea no doubt. If you want to stop him make some play on the ball. What he did was intentional he just regrets it afterwards like most people would.

            Sig By:The Dynasty

            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              That's a pretty bs argument by him. JJ Barrea is short enough to be a horse jockey, all Bynum had to do was reach out his arms and he could block Barrea from the 3 point line. His intent was to hurt Barrea no doubt. If you want to stop him make some play on the ball. What he did was intentional he just regrets it afterwards like most people would.
              What I was saying, though, was that I don't think he was trying to stop him from scoring. He tried to stop him, but the guys in front of him weren't giving him any help. So that last time he came down the lane, he just took out his frustration. I agree it was fully intentional, but I don't think he was going out of his way to hurt the guy.

              Comment


              • This sports writer Dave Miller is a idiot he said that the Magic have to trade Howard straight up for Bynum.

                Comment


                • He was in no way contesting the shot or trying to stop it from going in. Bynums argument is absolute ********. When you try to stop someone from scoring you try to prevent the ball from going in the basket....he by no means ******* tried that.

                  How the **** is throwing an elbow into the ribs of someone not trying to injure them? There is no logical defence for Bynum other than that he is a classles crybaby and a sore loser

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Complex View Post
                    This sports writer Dave Miller is a idiot he said that the Magic have to trade Howard straight up for Bynum.
                    It will be more like Bynum, probably one of the Lakers' young players (so really just Shannon Brown), and their next 12 1st round picks

                    Originally posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
                    He was in no way contesting the shot or trying to stop it from going in. Bynums argument is absolute ********. When you try to stop someone from scoring you try to prevent the ball from going in the basket....he by no means ******* tried that.

                    How the **** is throwing an elbow into the ribs of someone not trying to injure them? There is no logical defence for Bynum other than that he is a classles crybaby and a sore loser
                    ...I have not once said that Bynum's foul on Barea was an attempt to stop him from scoring. What I said was that he had been trying* (had to clarify that, sorry for an edit if you quoted me already) to stop Barea, but more or less got tired of trying to cover the ass of whatever guard he blew past, and proceeded to take out his frustration. Do I think it was a punk move? Yes. Do I think he did it with the mindset of "I want to hurt this guy"? No.
                    Last edited by sbh15; 05-09-2011, 03:28 PM.

                    Comment


                    • It would be Bynum and Odom and 1st round picks.

                      But you guys have to remember that a lot of the speculation depends on teh CBA. If there is a hard cap or some sort of franchise tag then no chance Howard ends up on the Lakers

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
                        He was in no way contesting the shot or trying to stop it from going in. Bynums argument is absolute ********. When you try to stop someone from scoring you try to prevent the ball from going in the basket....he by no means ******* tried that.

                        How the **** is throwing an elbow into the ribs of someone not trying to injure them? There is no logical defence for Bynum other than that he is a classles crybaby and a sore loser
                        U would have to be a complete Laker homer or a moron to believe Bynum. He just wanted out of the game so he did that. And what on earth did Barea do to the Lakers? He got hammered.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
                          It would be Bynum and Odom and 1st round picks.

                          But you guys have to remember that a lot of the speculation depends on teh CBA. If there is a hard cap or some sort of franchise tag then no chance Howard ends up on the Lakers
                          I really like the Nets as a more likely destination for Howard. Lopez has a much lower risk of injury and I'm guessing the Nets have the cap space to absorb the ****** contract of a Hedo/Arenas/whoever. You also have to assume that any picks they give up will have much better value down the road than LA's picks.

                          Comment


                          • The Magic would have to get rid of their horrible contracts before they ever considered trading Howard. No point in rebuilding when you still have those awful contracts. Better off letting him walk in free agency if he choses that way it's all on Howard that he left town.
                            Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 05-09-2011, 03:56 PM.

                            Sig By:The Dynasty

                            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                              I really like the Nets as a more likely destination for Howard. Lopez has a much lower risk of injury and I'm guessing the Nets have the cap space to absorb the ****** contract of a Hedo/Arenas/whoever. You also have to assume that any picks they give up will have much better value down the road than LA's picks.
                              The Nets cap will take a hit once they resign Kris Humphries. Avery already said that is a top priority. If they sign him to market value, then I expect something like 5 years, $50M. Similar to last year's Luis Scola contract that went 5 years, $47M.

                              After that they will be looking to make the team attractive enough to keep Deron around. Look for them to add a scorer in FA. They gave away thier 1st rounder to Utah, so that's their only route now to upgrade the position. Next summer they will be looking to extend Brook Lopez. Their money will dry up fast. They aren't a serious destination for Dwight.
                              Last edited by D-Unit; 05-09-2011, 03:47 PM.

                              Comment


                              • So which teams would trade for Iggy and what's the best package Philly could get for him?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information