NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Heat/Thunder...pretty much the final outcome every year you simulate a season in NBA 2K11.
    Go Thunder!!! My 2nd favorite team. :D

MOTH, when are you gonna start up your 2k11 league??? I want the Thunder back!

Comment

• Houston could be an interesting landing spot maybe something like

Dwight Howard and Hedo for

Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Patrick Patterson, Courtney Lee, Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, 2011 lottery pick.

Houston obviously is giving up so many young talented players and taking on Hedo's contract but their lineup would still be:

PG:Kyle Lowry/Goran Dragic
      SG: Chase Budinger
      SF: Hedo Turkoglu
      PF: Chuck Hayes/Brad Miller
      C: Dwight Howard/Hasheem Thabeet
      And if Yao ever came back ZOMG Yao+D12

Magic new lineup would be:

PG: Jameer Nelson/Gilbert Arenas
      SG: Kevin Martin/Courtney Lee/JJ Reddick
      SF: Earl Clark/Terrence Williams
      PF: Brandon Bass/Ryan Anderson/Jordan Hill
      C: Luis Scola/Patrick Paterson/Daniel Orton
      -----------------------------------

Another random trade idea D12 for Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Paul Milsap, Utah's 2 lottery picks this year

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Howard isn't getting traded anywhere and he's not leaving Orlando. He's been adamant about it... unlike Lebron who kept avoiding it. I don't blame him for waiting. The Magic need to be pressured to make the right moves. I expect Jameer to get traded this offseason. I can't wait.
        What will Jameer get you that will make a big difference? Arenas and Hedo really kill the Magic's flexibility to make a major move. You can keep moving around guys like Nelson, Anderson, Bass, etc but will just have similar trades to the one's you already have done.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• lol. I had a blast doing that...but it was insanely time consuming. I dont really have time to run one. I was doing constant updates on that thing.

As for Jameer getting traded...I dont see that. There is no way they have enough faith in crappy Arenas to make a move like that. The only way they move Jameer is if they're getting a starting PG in return, I'd imagine. Probably have to be like Paul, too.

They dont have much to offer for a star...a deal would have to involve Jameer, Anderson, Redick/Bass. They're all good players...but not really enough to get you a super star.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 05-12-2011, 12:01 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• I spoke to soon I thought that OKC was up 3-2 for some reason. Memphis vs Heat is still on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              Houston could be an interesting landing spot maybe something like

Dwight Howard and Hedo for

Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Patrick Patterson, Courtney Lee, Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, 2011 lottery pick.

Houston obviously is giving up so many young talented players and taking on Hedo's contract but their lineup would still be:

PG:Kyle Lowry/Goran Dragic
              SG: Chase Budinger
              SF: Hedo Turkoglu
              PF: Chuck Hayes/Brad Miller
              C: Dwight Howard/Hasheem Thabeet
              And if Yao ever came back ZOMG Yao+D12

Magic new lineup would be:

PG: Jameer Nelson/Gilbert Arenas
              SG: Kevin Martin/Courtney Lee/JJ Reddick
              SF: Earl Clark/Terrence Williams
              PF: Brandon Bass/Ryan Anderson/Jordan Hill
              C: Luis Scola/Patrick Paterson/Daniel Orton
              -----------------------------------

Another random trade idea D12 for Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Paul Milsap, Utah's 2 lottery picks this year
              The whole point would be to get Howard to play with another star. Houston just isnt that team. You really have to look at teams with at least one super star, that wouldnt have to be involved in a trade to acquire him.

The only real exception to that rule, would probably be the Hawks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I was considering starting a NBA 2K11 sim, but now I have no idea where I'm even living this summer. If I figure out wtf is going on I might start one up.

Comment

• I think Howard with CP3 would be sick if a deal could be done. I think if he does end up moving, the most likely spots will be to the Lakers or Nets.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• So much has been made about what the Lakers will do now and what personnel changes they will make etc.

The real question i think though is what will the Celtics do now? Pau Bynum and Kobe have a better chance of making the finals again than KG, Pierce and Allen.

The thing that sucks though is I don't know how much KG and Allen is worth on the open market. Gotta blow the team up and build around PP.

Comment

The whole point would be to get Howard to play with another star. Houston just isnt that team. You really have to look at teams with at least one super star, that wouldnt have to be involved in a trade to acquire him.

The only real exception to that rule, would probably be the Hawks.
                      They won't trade Dwight Howard to their division, definitely not the Hawks. Most likely not even the same conference.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                      02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                      02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                      Originally posted by fenikz
                      we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post
                        They won't trade Dwight Howard to their division, definitely not the Hawks. Most likely not even the same conference.
                        Probably not...but if desperation calls. They dont want another Shaq situation on their hands. Potentially losing him is bad enough, losing him for nothing is not an option.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Until the new CBA is in place, there's no trade scenario that can be talked about that will mean anything worth talking about. Will there be a franchise tag? The owners want it. Not sure the players would decline either... because the proposed idea is not to restrict players from leaving in FA like the NFL, but rather, the originating team can offer WAY more money and an extra year to the contract making it very attractive for their star players to stay. Also, there's talk of teams being able to rid one bad contract from being counted against their cap. It happened when the current CBA was implemented, and it has been brought up again. These are just 2 examples... there's also talk about a hard cap... talk of contracts not needing to be matched in trades... all kinds of stuff. So if you want to carry on with day dream scenarios where your favorite team gets Dwight... go on. Just don't expect any of that to be worth a darn.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            What will Jameer get you that will make a big difference? Arenas and Hedo really kill the Magic's flexibility to make a major move. You can keep moving around guys like Nelson, Anderson, Bass, etc but will just have similar trades to the one's you already have done.
                            If all Jameer can do is clear cap for expiring(s), then it's worth it.

Even without knowing the details of the new CBA, one thing is for certain... cap space makes you powerful.

Comment

Probably not...but if desperation calls. They dont want another Shaq situation on their hands. Potentially losing him is bad enough, losing him for nothing is not an option.
                              Nah. Losing him for nothing is not necessarily a bad thing. If he wants to turn down $20M a year, then we can spend that $20M on the next big FA. The only trades that will be worth it will be offers sending us elite young players and draft picks. Guys like Bynum and Gasol make ZERO sense. You can't think that this is the last FA that will ever produce premium talent.

Losing Dwight means starting over. We gotta do it the right way.

Comment

• So what do the Celtics do now? Try again or blow things up?
                                I think the role players need to get better and we need help at C
                                Shaq is a goner and Kristic doesn't seem to be the answer though he looks good in spurts
                                I like J.Green and D.West coming off the bench. A backup SG maybe?
                                Wafer isn't the answer!
                                Last edited by Nalej; 05-12-2011, 09:34 AM.
                                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information