No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw an interesting debate on another forum about where some current players rank all time (Kobe, Dirk, Kidd). Should that be it's own topic? Anyways, there is far too much living in the moment with people putting Dirk and JKidd really high and Kobe really low because of what they've done recently recently.

I also find it interesting the lists people are coming up with, yet all of them continue to leave off one player who is arguably top 10 all time (someone I personally watched play most of his career - I'm mid 20s).
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
      I just saw an interesting debate on another forum about where some current players rank all time (Kobe, Dirk, Kidd). Should that be it's own topic? Anyways, there is far too much living in the moment with people putting Dirk and JKidd really high and Kobe really low because of what they've done recently recently.

I also find it interesting the lists people are coming up with, yet all of them continue to leave off one player who is arguably top 10 all time (someone I personally watched play most of his career - I'm mid 20s).
      i hate guessing games... since you're a boston fan? (im assuming) im going to guess kg?

But anyways, Kobe is the best player SINCE Michael Jordan... (not saying that can't change either)

You can argue guys like Duncan etc., but it's so much harder for a SG to lead a team to a championship than it is for a big man (center or pf) to IMO

Comment

• I would put Shaq and Duncan ahead of Kobe(although it is pretty close)

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
          I just saw an interesting debate on another forum about where some current players rank all time (Kobe, Dirk, Kidd). Should that be it's own topic? Anyways, there is far too much living in the moment with people putting Dirk and JKidd really high and Kobe really low because of what they've done recently recently.

It depends on how you define "best." Mainly, how do you compare the entirety of the career vs. the peak of the career.

Comment

• Off the top of my head my list would be:

1) Michael Jordan
            2) Magic Johnson
            3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
            4) Larry Bird
            5) Wilt Chamberlain
            6) Elgin Baylor
            7) Bill Russell
            8) Kobe Bryant
            9) Shaq
            10) Oscar Robertson
            11) Tim Duncan
            12) Karl Malone
            13) Dr. J
            14) Jerry West
            15) Hakeem Olajuwon

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• I thought this was pretty spot on lol, especially the Lebron one:

Why you should like Dirk, lol classic video... lol a Lebron jersey:

Comment

• do you guys think it'd be a good idea if Taj Gibson started in place of Boozer and let boozer come off the bench? He could play a ginobli type of role.

Also, Westbrook gets torn to pieces by you all but it's not like D-rose has been lighting the world on fire either in his last two games.

But I concede the biggest difference is the huge turnover disparity...

Comment

• Bosh is the biggest douche on the planet.

Comment

• Rose just completely **** on Joel Anthony. Wow.

Comment

• lol @ Dizzy impersonations
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• I understand people like to compare players and rank them, but modern NBA players would destroy old school players. Many people won't want to hear that, but it's true. 'Old school players' are romanticized. Bill Russell for example was like 6'9 and weighed around 220lb. He'd get rag dolled by someone like Dwight Howard. Also, the players from back in the day competed against the best players from the USA. Now they compete against the best players in the world. The difference in the sheer number of players competing to play pro basketball is probably astounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                          I understand people like to compare players and rank them, but modern NBA players would destroy old school players. Many people won't want to hear that, but it's true. 'Old school players' are romanticized. Bill Russell for example was like 6'9 and weighed around 220lb. He'd get rag dolled by someone like Dwight Howard. Also, the players from back in the day competed against the best players from the USA. Now they compete against the best players in the world. The difference in the sheer number of players competing to play pro basketball is probably astounding.
                          I think your argument is dumb. You don't compare decades to other decades. You compare players to their own era. Of course modern day players are bigger and stronger. Advancements in weight training, supplements, and overall availability of food and other things have made people bigger. You dont' compare players from different era's, they are different times in basketball. Sure Dwight Howard is dominant in today's game, but if you compare he doesn't even have half of the skill Hakeem had. You then compare athleticism vs skill, there is no one better trait. There are hall of fame running backs from the 40's who wouldn't last in today's game, does that mean they are worst than an average back today? no, you compare how they did in their own era.
                          Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 05-24-2011, 09:13 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• When we rank players from different eras, we're not thinking who would win in a one-one-one.
                            It's how they ranked/importance/value for their time compared to others in their time.
                            That's it... it's not C.Paul vs B.Cousey, first to 21, win by two, make it-take it.

It's not a hard concept to grasp.

edit: Well put, Strip
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                              I understand people like to compare players and rank them, but modern NBA players would destroy old school players. Many people won't want to hear that, but it's true. 'Old school players' are romanticized. Bill Russell for example was like 6'9 and weighed around 220lb. He'd get rag dolled by someone like Dwight Howard. Also, the players from back in the day competed against the best players from the USA. Now they compete against the best players in the world. The difference in the sheer number of players competing to play pro basketball is probably astounding.
                              There are hundreds of thousands of scientists that understand physics today better than Newton did three hundred years ago. If you're making a list of important scientists, however, he's in the top 5.

Everything has it's place and time; the inability to understand that underlies a fundamental misunderstanding of a lot of things.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• No, people in fact do try to compare past players to modern players side-by-side. If you were comparing them based on how good they were in an era, you couldn't make a list without George Mikan. He was easily the best player of his time.

or at least the best white player, because the game was segregated during his time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information