NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
    Kobe took 20 shots per game this year, Durant took 19.....so its not much of an argument.

It is relevant because when the game is on the ******* line he is the guy locking down the best player. If you watched any Laker games you might see that.

Are we talking about the ********************* present? Hes still a winner....because he got swept for the first time in his career hes less of a winner? jesus.

Yeah I did call you a dumb ass....now youre looking for reasons to be a troll.
    ...trolling?...I keep giving legit reasons to why putting Kobe at number 3 is ridiculous, and you keep responding with hypotheticals and **** he did 8 years ago.

I will stop having this argument now as no matter what anyone says you will continue to overrate Kobe like ******* crazy. Hopefully the mods take care of the personal attack

Comment

• Originally posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
      ...trolling?...I keep giving legit reasons to why putting Kobe at number 3 is ridiculous, and you keep responding with hypotheticals and **** he did 8 years ago.

I will stop having this argument now as no matter what anyone says you will continue to overrate Kobe like ******* crazy. Hopefully the mods take care of the personal attack
      Youre giving legit reasons? hahaha

8 years ago? You keep failing to realize hes won the last 2 nba titles. But alright, just so youre happy Ill report my infraction myself.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Re: Bryant, I believe I recall him spraining his ankle towards the end of the NO series. That could explain the huge number of attempts outside the paint. Regardless, his ability to create off the dribble has vastly diminished overall. His offensive game solely consists of posting up and proceeding to shoot a fadeaway.

As much as the various knee issues have robbed him of athleticism, it's equally notable how much his mangled (and splinted) fingers have affected his ball handling, passing, and willingness to reach in for steals. That's something a lot of people don't talk about, but is definitely noticeable.

The Laker defense completely collapsed against Dallas, but generating offense seemed, at times, to be a more pertinent problem for them this year. They'd be better served utilizing Kobe more as a true wing player and relying less on him to create off the dribble for his team mates or going into high post isos on 8 of every 10 possessions.

Comment

• Told all of u haters to enjoy game 1 while it last! BOOOOOOOOOOOSH!

Comment

• Sources saying Mike Brown is now the lead candidate for the Laker job.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6585949

Would rather have Adelman, but Brown isnt as bad as the Dunleavy rumors.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• He's a defensive coach, no? Doesn't sound like a bad fit.
              -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                He's a defensive coach, no? Doesn't sound like a bad fit.
                Yeah thats right, which I like. Cavs fans always pointed the finger at him for their collapses but he helped take that team from being the laughing stock of the league to be a 60 win team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                  Yeah thats right, which I like. Cavs fans always pointed the finger at him for their collapses but he helped take that team from being the laughing stock of the league to be a 60 win team.
                  That's just absurd. Lebron James is the reason they went from laughing stock to a 60 win team. He's as unimaginative of an offensive coach as there could possibly be.

What Adelman did in Houston is an infinitely superior coaching job than anything Mike Brown did in Cleveland. He was just unfortunate enough to always be coaching against Phil Jackson with an in-prime MJ/Kobe.

Comment

• I already feel sorry for Mike Brown. A genuinely good guy that's about to enter an awful situation. There's infighting, the key personnel are aging, he's following a legend, the team can coast into mediocrity and will because they can't punt Kobe or the twilight of his career in a rebuild.

He'll take the fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                      Off the top of my head my list would be:

1) Michael Jordan
                      2) Magic Johnson
                      3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
                      4) Larry Bird
                      5) Wilt Chamberlain
                      6) Elgin Baylor
                      7) Bill Russell
                      8) Kobe Bryant
                      9) Shaq
                      10) Oscar Robertson
                      11) Tim Duncan
                      11.5) John Stockton
                      12) Karl Malone
                      13) Dr. J
                      14) Jerry West
                      15) Hakeem Olajuwon
                      There. Fixed it. (yes, I'm intentionally inserting Stockton over Malone, because he was the better player on that team)

edit: It really annoys me how he gets ignored yet Malone (who is only payed attention to because he actually put the ball through the rim) is 2nd in scoring all time. Karl Malone didn't make Stockton. It was the other way around. Malone leads the NBA all time in Points from Free Throws. Yes, Free throws. You know, the points you can't get assists from. Malone has literally never posted a top 100 scoring season. Never. Stockton has 5 of the top 6 all time assist seasons.

Karl Malone was a really really great player, but he was second on that team. Stockton was better with the ball in his hands at the end of games too.
                      Last edited by descendency; 05-25-2011, 03:21 AM.
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by SativaDominant View Post
                        That's just absurd. Lebron James is the reason they went from laughing stock to a 60 win team. He's as unimaginative of an offensive coach as there could possibly be.

What Adelman did in Houston is an infinitely superior coaching job than anything Mike Brown did in Cleveland. He was just unfortunate enough to always be coaching against Phil Jackson with an in-prime MJ/Kobe.
                        Well they didnt win 66 games with Paul Silas thats for damn sure.

The NBA now has hit an all time popularity. What people dont get is that the NBA is actually more popular now than it was when Michael Jordan is in the league.

Lot of that can be attributed to a lot of things such as influx of new stars, better competition and yes of course these new super teams who have taken upon the role of the Villain in the NBA.

We have a modern day NEw York Yankees everyone!

Comment

• I just read the last two pages and I just had a good chuckle about how sickwitit thinks Kobe is a top 3 player still and how he thinks his reasons justify his statement.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• i think people are forgetting that Deron Williams is the greatest player in the history of history because he's awesome and his beard is sweet and he made the Nets win games despite starting Sasha Vujacic and Stephen Graham along side him.
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                              I just read the last two pages and I just had a good chuckle about how sickwitit thinks Kobe is a top 3 player still and how he thinks his reasons justify his statement.
                              How do my reasons not justify my statement? Just curious....I dont really want to start this argument again, I just wanna know why you say that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SativaDominant View Post

I would much rather have Adelman, hes my favorite pick.

However, it is hard for me to believe that the ONLY reason the Cavs played that well is because of Lebron. I would think that Brown had involvement in that turn around as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information