NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I don't think you get it. It's not that we're obsessed with him being "the man". He chose to go to Miami and gave that up. That's fine and dandy.

Just don't compare him to "the man".... Michael Jordan. He gave up the chance to be compared to Michael.

I really don't think he did. Just because he realised the front office at Cleveland was incapable of bringing in any serious talent and championships over the last million years in general are won by teams with 2+ superstars?

If (big if) he wins some absurd amount of championships - 6, 7, 8 - whilst being able to play huge minutes, defend the oppositions best player no matter the position (except Dwight) and hit the big shot as he's done over the last couple of series can you really say he's not comparable to MJ? I'm not saying he'll be better, i really don't think he will be, but he will deserve to be mentioned with the best of them

Comment

Lebron is Wade's wingman.
      Are you kidding? Have you even watched the games? There's a reason that Lebron is always taking the last shot. There's a reason that the ball goes to Lebron in the last two minutes. This is Lebron's team, Wade is the sidekick.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
        Are you kidding? Have you even watched the games? There's a reason that Lebron is always taking the last shot. There's a reason that the ball goes to Lebron in the last two minutes. This is Lebron's team, Wade is the sidekick.
        It doesn't matter what happens on the court. He'll always be the guy who joined D-Wade. Not the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
          It's not like Jordan was considered the greatest ever at 26. And whether LeBron played in college or not is irrelevant. The point is LeBron could potentially play another decade or more. His career is likely far from over.
          I disagree with this statement. The difference between Jordan/Kobe and Lebron is that Jordan and Kobe both had/have refined games.

Lebron gets by on his athleticism, bulldozing his way to the rim and getting layups or flying high for a dunk. He's not gonna be able to do that for 10 years.

His jump shot is ugly and is not something he can rely on when his athleticism wears down.

I think him playing at a high level has a shorter half life than most great players.

Comment

• We are not talking about who the best player on Miami is. Dwayne Wade is the leader and the captain. Lebron is his sidekick.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
              I'm just interested in how old some of you are who will even put Bron's name in the same sentence as MJ as this point in his career. I wonder how many actually remember him. I was born in 83 so yeah I was already a hoops fanatic in MJ's prime. It's kind of like young kids today who will say Usher is better than Michael Jackson.
              I'm 23 but admittedly didn't get to see much of MJ in his prime. But really, at this stage in their careers, 7 or 8 years in, can you tell me why everyone thinks it's night and day? Because from what i understand it's what happened later in MJ's career that separates him from most, the continued evolution of his game through his ridiculous work ethic and competitive fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                I really don't think he did. Just because he realised the front office at Cleveland was incapable of bringing in any serious talent and championships over the last million years in general are won by teams with 2+ superstars?

If (big if) he wins some absurd amount of championships - 6, 7, 8 - whilst being able to play huge minutes, defend the oppositions best player no matter the position (except Dwight) and hit the big shot as he's done over the last couple of series can you really say he's not comparable to MJ? I'm not saying he'll be better, i really don't think he will be, but he will deserve to be mentioned with the best of them
                I don't know what people will say, but I know what I will think.

Hallow Trophies.

If MJ joined Magic and Malone on a team, they probably wouldn't have ever lost a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
                  Anyways I hope and think the Mavs will win these series and here's my reason why... so far a lot of the Heat success in these playoffs have been predicated on Boston and Chicago choking away leads in the fourth quarter and subsequently the Heat taking full advantage (18-3 run to close out the game?!?!?!) That won't work against Dallas because I have a hard time believing the offense will stall with the most clutch and best shooter in the game on the floor. Dirk doesn't crumble during these moments.
                  And how did the Mavs win? Come back against the Lakers almost every game, come back against the Thunder almost every game. You think the Mavs will stall the most potent offensive player in the game? Lebron doesn't crumble in these moments.

Comment

• Lebron does not crumble in the clutch? Oh really now?

Comment

It doesn't matter what happens on the court. He'll always be the guy who joined D-Wade. Not the other way around.
                      Why does that matter?

Comment

• I'm not a Lebron or Miami Heat hater, but I'm definitely rooting for Dirk, Kidd and the Mavs. Both of them deserve a ring.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't know what people will say, but I know what I will think.

Hallow Trophies.

If MJ joined Magic and Malone on a team, they probably wouldn't have ever lost a game.
                          I assume that's hollow, but really? don't championships count unless you play with highschoolers? Look at every championship team ever, they are stacked with talent, just because the Heat are built differently with 2.5 superstars and nobody else doesn't make championships any less valuable.

Comment

• So the argument continues. You bring up Rings.. They bring up Robert Horry lol They don't understand theres a difference between winning a championship ON a team and winning a championship FOR a team.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                              I assume that's hollow, but really? don't championships count unless you play with highschoolers? Look at every championship team ever, they are stacked with talent, just because the Heat are built differently with 2.5 superstars and nobody else doesn't make championships any less valuable.
                              Nah. There's a difference between the Celtics trading for KG and Allen and making it happen the right way versus LBJ, Wade and Bosh deciding on joining up.

Ring chasers always get hallowed rings. That's the way life is.

Comment

Nah. There's a difference between the Celtics trading for KG and Allen and making it happen the right way versus LBJ, Wade and Bosh deciding on joining up.

Ring chasers always get hallowed rings. That's the way life is.
                                Well i'm certain in 20 years, when the 3 of them are sleeping on their piles of money and rings they won't care how it happened.

And i can't remember the exact details of the Celtics thing but didn't KG say he wouldn't go unless Allen was there? Smells like ring chasing to me...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information