No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJ won 3 titles before Rodman was ever a Bull. Horace Grant was the #3 for those first 3 titles, plus beyond MJ, Pip, Grant, and Armstrong, the Bulls roster was horrible. I mean c'mon Scott Williams? Will Purdue? John Paxon? They have names because they played with MJ but they were not good players at all. I don't think any of them ever averaged double figures in a season.
    Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 05-28-2011, 01:53 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Luc Longley > Wade and Bosh

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        The stupidity in this thread is too much at times. Hate Lebron all you want, hell I hate him too, but he is a better player than Dwayne Wade and it's not debatable. The Heat's success hinges more on Lebron than Wade, and it's 100% completely irrelevant who went to which team. If Wade played in the shithole of a city and Lebron played in the city with hot chicks and no income tax he goes to Lebron's team and everyone has a different opinion.

And also Lebron is not on Jordan's level. Get that **** out of here.
        100% agree.

Originally posted by Complex View Post
        LeBron joined Wades team and made it his.
        I agree with that too.

Dennis Rodman? Lets not act like Jordan was playing scrubs. They made the the playoffs and could of beat the Knicks if wasn't for some bogus call.
        Yep. People forget how good he was. He was one of the best defenders of all time and is probably the best rebounding foward of all time. The guy had 6 15+ rpg seasons. That's insane.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
          MJ won 3 titles before Rodman was ever a Bull. Horace Grant was the #3 for those first 3 titles, plus beyond MJ, Pip, Grant, and Armstrong, the Bulls roster was horrible. I mean c'mon Scott Williams? Will Purdue? John Paxon? They have names because they played with MJ but they were not good players at all. I don't think any of them ever averaged double figures in a season.
          Yeah and they almost made it to the conference finals with that "scrub" roster without Rodman or Jordan if it wasn't for that bogus call. Tell me what have did the Mo Williams aka " Scottie Pippen 2.0" led Cavs do this season? Let me guess it was it Big Z that carried all Cavs teams and he was the missing piece not LeBron.
          Last edited by Complex; 05-28-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
            Luc Longley > Wade and Bosh
            By far the best post
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
              Haha, nice try but in calling me out you basically shot yourself in the foot. Eric Snow and company? are you ******* kidding me? Don't try to act all high and mighty when you don't actually know what you're talking about. And very cute with your little cough cough things but i actually say a couple of posts ago that i don't think Lebron will ever be on MJ's level.

2000 was actually the first year i really started getting into basketball so i can actually make a decent assessment of that 76ers team.

Eric Snow and company...well why don't you go and have a look at that team and how it was built. To start the season they had Theo Ratliff who was a damn good defensive center in those days, when he went down they made a trade for Dikembe Mutumbo and i'm going to assume you know what he was about (defensive player of the year that year). Eric Snow as you mentioned was a very good defensive PG who could also guard a lot of shooting guards which made life much easier for AI. Tyrone Hill was the starting PF, strong defensive player, a double-double sort of guy and former all-star. George Lynch started at SF and was a very good defensive wing. Aaron Mckie was the 6th man of the year that year and provided a bit of scoring and playmaking for a team that didn't have a lot of options in that area. Combine all this with Larry Brown who is one of the greatest defensive coaches of all-time and this roster full of hard-nosed defensive role-players was basically perfectly constructed around an iso volume scorer in AI (i know this is doing AI a disservice but for arguments sake that's what i'm calling him).

And yes, i'm taking that supporting cast over Z, Drew Gooden (yuk), Larry Hughes (yuk-er), Donyell Marshall, Wally, Delonte, Boobie, Mo Williams and Flopajao.
              You mean the supporting cast that Lebron hand picked and the team built exactly to fit around him? Those Cavs teams were designed around Lebron. Z was a solid C for awhile, Hughes was a former first team all defense, Wally was a sharpshooter for awhile, Boobie was a good shooter, Mo Williams was a former all-star too, so being a former all-star doesn't hold much water for your argument. "Flopajao" was a very good defensive big man who you got mad hustle points from, Donyell Marshall was a piece of **** but Lebron wanted him, and Drew Gooden put up some double doubles as well, averaging like 11 and 8.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                And for ***** sake Scottie never said Lebron was better, and even if he did i'd value his opinion over "prock's" any day of the week.
                "But I may go as far as to say LeBron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game because he is so potent offensively that not only can he score at will but he keeps everybody involved." - Scottie Pippen

Believe what you want, but that seems pretty clear to me.

I do get it obviously you don't get it.

LeBron joined Wades team and made it his.
                I disagree for the same reasons that have been posted in this thread a million times.

I gave a couple examples of him being clutch not all them. I did not know I was suppose to name them all. Yes, I am the one that is blinded.
                The guy has had a reputation of not being clutch and crumbling in late game moments his whole career, except for a few instances. I will side with the trend.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                  Yeah and they almost made it to the conference finals with that "scrub" roster without Rodman or Jordan if it wasn't for that bogus call. Tell me what have did the Mo Williams aka " Scottie Pippen 2.0" led Cavs do this season? Let me guess it was it Big Z that carried all Cavs teams and he was the missing piece not LeBron.

Yeah let's just ignore that the Eastern Conference has been a joke throughout Lebron's career until now. He gets some unfair blame for the playoff losses but he's not without fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post

I disagree for the same reasons that have been posted in this thread a million times.

The guy has had a reputation of not being clutch and crumbling in late game moments his whole career, except for a few instances. I will side with the trend.
                    The reason being he joined a team Wade was already on?

He has been clutch almost every year in the playoffs, IDK what you are talking about him having a reputation for crumbling late games.

edit: I hope you are not talking about this regular season where he missed a couple GW shots.
                    Last edited by Complex; 05-28-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Yeah let's just ignore that the Eastern Conference has been a joke throughout Lebron's career until now. He gets some unfair blame for the playoff losses but he's not without fault.
                      Okay the East has been a joke throughout LeBron's career okay?he carried that terrible team in the playoffs. In that same crappy conference the Cavs finished dead last without LeBron, its not like they were in playoff contention or something.

Comment

You mean the supporting cast that Lebron hand picked and the team built exactly to fit around him? Those Cavs teams were designed around Lebron. Z was a solid C for awhile, Hughes was a former first team all defense, Wally was a sharpshooter for awhile, Boobie was a good shooter, Mo Williams was a former all-star too, so being a former all-star doesn't hold much water for your argument. "Flopajao" was a very good defensive big man who you got mad hustle points from, Donyell Marshall was a piece of **** but Lebron wanted him, and Drew Gooden put up some double doubles as well, averaging like 11 and 8.
                        The fact that they let a 19 to 25 year old basketball player, who has proven to do some very dumb things in the past construct their roster surely tells you something, it was most probably rubbish. Really this isn't an argument about Lebron's skills as a GM.

Any way, i'm over it, you take the Cleveland supporting cast and i'll stick to the 76ers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Complex View Post
                          Okay the East has been a joke throughout LeBron's career okay?he carried that terrible team in the playoffs. In that same crappy conference the Cavs finished dead last without LeBron, its not like they were in playoff contention or something.

I didn't say it was a good supporting cast. I've actually defended Lebron a ton in this thread because his supporting cast was so bad over the years. But to try to compare him to Jordan right now is completely ridiculous. Before this year he made one finals appearance in 7 years in an atrocious conference. That's not something you compare to the greatest player of all time. I don't care if MJ was in a similar position at that point in his career, Lebron still hasn't DONE it yet and it's ridiculous to just assume he will.

Comment

I doubt LeBron hand picked the roster. I remember LeBron wanted Cleveland to go after some free agents during free agency but the Cavs wanted him to sign before they did that. I also remember that the Cavs did not want to trade JJ Hickson for Amare, let me guess it was LeBron that wanted to JJ Hickson. Hughes was a former 1st team defense of player because he got a bunch steals one season. Wally was garbage with Cavs at least those guys that 7-11 listed actually played well with the 76ers.
                            Last edited by Complex; 05-28-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• I find the LBJ nuthugging in here quite amusing. Dude shouldn't even be in the same breath as MJ. Dude's not even top 10-15 at this point.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                              Originally posted by TitanHope
                              R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                              He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

I didn't say it was a good supporting cast. I've actually defended Lebron a ton in this thread because his supporting cast was so bad over the years. But to try to compare him to Jordan right now is completely ridiculous. Before this year he made one finals appearance in 7 years in an atrocious conference. That's not something you compare to the greatest player of all time. I don't care if MJ was in a similar position at that point in his career, Lebron still hasn't DONE it yet and it's ridiculous to just assume he will.
                                I am not saying he is MJ, all I have been trying to say is Jordan did not carry Kwame Brown, Adam Morrison, Tryone Lue and Sasha Vujacic to 6 championships. We don't know what Jordan, Magic and Bird would of done if they played with Lebron supporting cast and were free agents.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information