NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by prock View Post
    I would have to be mad for a hissy fit. I just thought it was funny. The neg rep was a culmination of stupid posts and your inability to grasp common logic. You repeatedly stated how Wade being guarded by Terry is the same as Lebron being guarded by Terry, not willing to acknowledge the 4 inch and 50 pound difference. You refuse to acknowledge that a 33 year old Marion does not have the same step or quickness that he used to. Quit getting mad, bro.
    I said that as a question to you guys. If Wade is supposedly better than LeBron, than wouldn't putting Terry on either of them still be bad? Putting anyone 2 inches shorter than LeBron would be an advantage, and that's why Marion and Deng are always on him.

33 years is not the cutoff for when players regress by any means. Garnett is 35, and can still play good defense consistently. Knowing how to play good defense is something you'll always have, and Marion is obviously still capable of using that knowledge.

Ignorance is bliss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
      I said that as a question to you guys. If Wade is supposedly better than LeBron, than wouldn't putting Terry on either of them still be bad? Putting anyone 2 inches shorter than LeBron would be an advantage, and that's why Marion and Deng are always on him.

33 years is not the cutoff for when players regress by any means. Garnett is 35, and can still play good defense consistently. Knowing how to play good defense is something you'll always have, and Marion is obviously still capable of using that knowledge.

Ignorance is bliss.
      It was put forward as you suggesting that Terry on Lebron was equivalent to Terry on Wade.

And no one said Marion wasn't a good defender. They said Marion isn't the athlete he once was and has lost a step.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Terry needs to step up and be a legit 2nd scoring option for the Mavs to have a chance in this series. Miami couldn't possibly be a worse matchup for him though on either side of the court.

Comment

• JA Adande article on basically what was being discussed in here about LeBron. Spot on IMO.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

• lulz Mark Jackson named Warriors head coach. Not that a coach would make a difference though, chuck it and don't play D, not hard to coach.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Was Mike Breen and JVG not available? lol.

Comment

• Didn't see that coming
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                  Imagine how boring these finals would be if the Heat weren't in them.
                  You could say this about the NBA right now. There is a fairly steep drop off from the Heat in terms of entertainment value.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

• There are so many strawmen in that article, I think he could use a few cornfields to use them.

Quite seriously. The problem with LeBron isn't terribly obvious to these supposed experts apparently. It's that he tries to create offense and fails. Yes, he's playing well on the other side. Yes, he's doing things to get team-mates in the game.

Let's not pretend that Wade isn't getting doubled or tripled (or beating Quadruple teams like he has a few times driving to the basket).

Wade has looked like the vastly better player on the floor. He's playing excellent defense and seems to be getting LeBron involved. When he stopped trying that, it looked like the Heat were playing better.

I'm not saying LeBron isn't super good... it's just on the biggest stage he's clearly the second best player on the court. Maybe 3rd. (though, I don't really think Dirk deserves as much credit as he is getting because he's a pretty weak defender)
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Lebron is too damn big and athletic to be shootin the ball. Best case scenario, he finishes at the hoop. Worst case, he gets fouled. I hate the fact that he settles for jumpers more than I hate his fans.

Comment

• Great article by JA and spot on. Well done.

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        lulz Mark Jackson named Warriors head coach. Not that a coach would make a difference though, chuck it and don't play D, not hard to coach.
                        This is great news! Gets Jackson out of the booth. He is turrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          I'm not saying LeBron isn't super good... it's just on the biggest stage he's clearly the second best player on the court. Maybe 3rd. (though, I don't really think Dirk deserves as much credit as he is getting because he's a pretty weak defender)
                          Was LeBron clearly the second best player when he wrecked Chicago and Wade was MIA? C'mon, he is not "clearly the second best player on the court."

Comment

• JA Adande is mislead on that article. He's comparing Lebron and Dirk like they are the exact same player with the same skills and playing style.

Dirk is allowed to miss because shooting is his game. He's not gonna beat you off the dribble EVERY possession or even more than not. He might get a quick step on you every now and then but Dirk is a shooter

Lebron is probably the most athletic person on the court at all times given his strength and size. When he misses his jumpers, people point out that he's at his best when driving the lane because he is. I understand that he's trying to create for teammates but this guy has rare tools that allow him to score at will on anyone.

JA Adande's cute little article would get torn to shreds by anyone with a voice and an eye for logical fallacies.

Comment

• Yeah Adande's article is pretty easily argued against.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                                Yeah Adande's article is pretty easily argued against.
                                Well go on...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information