• Show
Clear All

• 4th quarter scoring in the finals

Dirk-44
    MJ Volume 2- 9

GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Let's not kid ourselves.... the Heat are still winning the Championship.

It's just I despise the thought that anyone can compare Lebron to Michael.

...and I will equate his winning of a championship to Gary Payton's when he won it with Wade and Shaq in Miami.
      That's a big stretch. Sure, LeBron has not played well in the finals, but there is no way the Heat would be here without LeBron.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Halsey View Post
        People have become so obsessed with the MJ comparisons that they miss out on what a great, well rounded player LeBron is.
        I think it's more lebron knob slobbers who defend him to the death and put up ridiculously bad arguments in the MJ v Lebron debates...
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Let's not kid ourselves.... the Heat are still winning the Championship.
          eh u faka.. ainobelieve bah! Dirk playin BROKE DA MOUF basketball right now bu!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            That's a big stretch. Sure, LeBron has not played well in the finals, but there is no way the Heat would be here without LeBron.
            It's not about contribution. It's about how he got there.

Dirk decided to stick with the Mavs (a team built around him, lacking elite talent). Lebron went ring chasing and went to Miami (a team that already had Wade and Bosh... 2 other elite talents). Insert any other superstar with Wade/Bosh... they could easily win a championship too.

Am I gonna give the same credit to Lebron for winning a championship as I would if Dirk and Dallas won? Hell no. I would give Dirk way more credit for leading his team of lesser talent to the championship. He earned it the hard way. Anything Lebron wins is winning it the easy way. There's no glory in that. None. His legacy as a Heat is pretty much worthless to me. If he leaves and wins somewhere else while leading his team, then I would give him a lot of credit for that. Right now? He's a glorified 3rd wheel.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
              eh u faka.. ainobelieve bah! Dirk playin BROKE DA MOUF basketball right now bu!
              brah no ack cuz... dey goin gribble... dirk is mean bah, but da rest a da team stay pretty broke ass.

Comment

• I agree that Dirk should get more credit if the Mavs win then LeBron should get if the heat win. There is no point of debating that. But saying that LeBron winning the championship compares to Gary Payton winning is just wrong. LeBron is obviously a big part of that team while Payton was just along for the ride.(Yes, I'm aware that he hit a game winner). I know you said that it's not about contribution but you can't compare his ring to Payton's just because you don't like how he got there.
                Last edited by Hurricanes25; 06-08-2011, 04:46 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Sixers and Clippers are discussing a trade that would send Iggy to LA in exchange for Kaman.

Imagine Iggy on the Clips:

PG Mo Williams
                  SG Eric Gordon
                  SF Iggy
                  PF Griffin
                  C DeAndre Jordan

That's a pretty ******* solid starting 5

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

• Just Kaman? That's pretty bad for the Sixers.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                      Sixers and Clippers are discussing a trade that would send Iggy to LA in exchange for Kaman.

Imagine Iggy on the Clips:

PG Mo Williams
                      SG Eric Gordon
                      SF Iggy
                      PF Griffin
                      C DeAndre Jordan

That's a pretty ******* solid starting 5
                      There was another rumor earlier in the week of a potential Iguodala for Monta Ellis swap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        I agree that Dirk should get more credit if the Mavs win then LeBron should get if the heat win. There is no point of debating that. But saying that LeBron winning the championship compares to Gary Payton winning is just wrong. LeBron is obviously a big part of that team while Payton was just along for the ride.(Yes, I'm aware that he hit a game winner). I know you said that it's not about contribution but you can't compare his ring to Payton's just because you don't like how he got there.
                        Sure I can. We all have our own opinions. MJ wouldn't have been MJ if he joined Magic and Bird. But I guess I can give Lebron Scottie Pippen like credit if that makes you feel better.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                          Just Kaman? That's pretty bad for the Sixers.
                          Sixers are trying to clear cap. They are trying to sell the team and don't want salary tied up. At this point, it doesn't even matter that they aren't getting great value. These owners are business men first. They just want to salary dump. They are probably finding that teams will do that for Iggy, but not for Brand... so they are getting desperate.

Comment

Sixers are trying to clear cap. They are trying to sell the team and don't want salary tied up. At this point, it doesn't even matter that they aren't getting great value. These owners are business men first. They just want to salary dump. They are probably finding that teams will do that for Iggy, but not for Brand... so they are getting desperate.
                            ^^^^^ This. Iggy's reputation is better than Brand's around the league. An Iggy for Kama trade works out much favorably for both the Sixers and Clippers as Philly would be trading their 2nd largest contract for a $12 million expiring. A deal for Monta and Iggy doesn't provide Philly with an expiring deal, just one that's $1 million dollars cheaper.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• I really think Iggy straight up for the #4 overall pick is in play as well as Iggy straight up for the #6 pick. If the Cavs land Iggy to be their poor man's Bron and draft Kyrie they will be well on their way. I also something like Iggy for Gallo could be in play. Something like Iggy for Gortat is probably out there for the Suns if they wanted. Toronto is an interesting team because they could play Iggy beside Derozan. Something like Iggy for Linas Kleiza+5th pick would probably work.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                                I really think Iggy straight up for the #4 overall pick is in play as well as Iggy straight up for the #6 pick. If the Cavs land Iggy to be their poor man's Bron and draft Kyrie they will be well on their way. I also something like Iggy for Gallo could be in play. Something like Iggy for Gortat is probably out there for the Suns if they wanted. Toronto is an interesting team because they could play Iggy beside Derozan. Something like Iggy for Linas Kleiza+5th pick would probably work.
                                I don't like the Iggy fit too much for Toronto. He doesn't shoot many 3s and DeRozan doesn't shoot any. 2 wings that don't have range is sketchy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information