No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's can't be real. I'm not sure how you could screw up any bigger if so. Last I checked, they didn't do newspapers, then blindly process them without anyone going over them.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• LeBron's cell phone is always on vibrate. No rings.
      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Some of the people in his "camp" kill me too. I dont expect everybody to bash James(even though he deserves it), but these excuses you here from some of his people are head scratching. The man could rape a nun, and these people would still be making excuses for him.

Comment

• I'm curious as to why Lebron is considered the best in the league when he still has:

1) no post game
          2) no jumpshot
          3) no confidence

is it cause he can rebound and assist and has the body of a mack truck? that doesn't make you the best, it just makes you at most a very all around player.

Comment

• Originally posted by soybean View Post
            I'm curious as to why Lebron is considered the best in the league when he still has:

1) no post game
            2) no jumpshot
            3) no confidence

is it cause he can rebound and assist and has the body of a mack truck? that doesn't make you the best, it just makes you at most a very all around player.
            He led the lead in scoring without doing those things? Just a start. This cant be a serious question.
            Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
              He led the lead in scoring without doing those things? Just a start. This cant be a serious question.
              I'm talking about right now. Best regular season playerrrrr!!!

he's not a winner.

EDIT: not only that but his supposed lock down D got exposed on the biggest stage.

His best offensive trait is easily negated by a simple change to the zone. He has a lot to work on this offseason.
              Last edited by soybean; 06-13-2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I'm curious as to why Lebron is considered the best in the league when he still has:

1) no post game
                2) no jumpshot
                3) no confidence

The problem is that people confuse "talent" with "skill."

Comment

• Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

1) no post game
                    2) no jumpshot
                    3) no confidence

He's a great passer and a really good defender. He slashes to the basket better than almost anyone, usually. His jumpshot has gotten better (Though, I've been making King Ames jokes all day). Find me a complete player who has great athleticism. He just doesn't exist right now.

If LeBron asked my opinion (which he won't), I'd tell him to take a few weeks off, recover mentally, and then sit down with Eric Spolstra (assuming he's still the coach) and have him tear me down until I can play in his offense at a basic level. Because LeBron looks lost at times in that offense. He was way too tentative too. If Spolstra can't coach good enough, then James needs to go to Reilly and tell him.

Whatever it is, I think those guys just got out classed with teamwork. If I were the heat, right now, I would be putting up pictures all over the campus of them winning the championship to ensure it didn't happen again. The problem wasn't talent (though Bibby, Anthony, Haslem, Miller, and Chalmers are really bad starters). It was execution.
                    Last edited by descendency; 06-13-2011, 11:59 PM.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• They just need Riley coaching.. done!

Comment

• It seems like everyone knows Miami lost. Unfortunately, everyone will not know Dallas won.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                          It seems like everyone knows Miami lost. Unfortunately, everyone will not know Dallas won.
                          I could care less really. I know they won, I know they won so harrrrdd.

Comment

1) no post game
                            2) no jumpshot
                            3) no confidence

Your reaching now. It would be much harder to make a case for why Lebron isn't the best player in the league, then to say he is. If he had those 3 things you listed, he would average 60 points a game.

People forget Lebron has his weaknesses like everyone else. Now did he play like the best player in the league? Hell no. But he didn't win two MVP's and a scoring title by accident. I don't think that makes Dwight Howard any less dominant with all the things he needs to work on. Hell he doesn't have a post move either and he's actually a Center.

If Lebron fixes those things on that list he won't have a weakness and he'd be a perfect player. I don't think that's likely. Maybe he'll always be a player who never gets the most out of his talent, but that doesn't mean he's still not better then everyone else.

Dirk needs to learn how to play defense, or try to play defense, but he's still an elite player. I think Lebron's shot is good enough, and I say that loosely. Because if he learned an arsenal of post up moves, along with a fadeaway from midrange out of it, he'd score at will.

His shot seems so bad because he gets lazy and relies on it. If he drove the ball like he was supposed to, or backed every opponent down into at least mid range territory, he could do whatever he wanted to.

Hell if he just started to not be such a ***** and drove the ball to the bucket to get fouled he could still take over any time he wanted. The fact that Chandler was playing safe all series with the fouls, it confused me that he didn't make it a priority to drive right at him more often.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              Your reaching now. It would be much harder to make a case for why Lebron isn't the best player in the league, then to say he is. If he had those 3 things you listed, he would average 60 points a game.

People forget Lebron has his weaknesses like everyone else. Now did he play like the best player in the league? Hell no. But he didn't win two MVP's and a scoring title by accident. I don't think that makes Dwight Howard any less dominant with all the things he needs to work on. Hell he doesn't have a post move either and he's actually a Center.

If Lebron fixes those things on that list he won't have a weakness and he'd be a perfect player. I don't think that's likely. Maybe he'll always be a player who never gets the most out of his talent, but that doesn't mean he's still not better then everyone else.

Dirk needs to learn how to play defense, or try to play defense, but he's still an elite player. I think Lebron's shot is good enough, and I say that loosely. Because if he learned an arsenal of post up moves, along with a fadeaway from midrange out of it, he'd score at will.

His shot seems so bad because he gets lazy and relies on it. If he drove the ball like he was supposed to, or backed every opponent down into at least mid range territory, he could do whatever he wanted to.

Hell if he just started to not be such a ***** and drove the ball to the bucket to get fouled he could still take over any time he wanted. The fact that Chandler was playing safe all series with the fouls, it confused me that he didn't make it a priority to drive right at him more often.
                              I have a question; is the criteria for 'Best Player in the League' mainly determined by actual talent or by the ability to properly utilize said talent?

Taking LeBron as an example, he willingly took on a Second Banana role in the finals, and even then put up a disturbingly pedestrian performance that offered precious little when it truly counted and as a result lost his second Finals appearance. Sure you can fire the coach and upgrade the bench and give it a few more tries... but I don't think the excuses back him up this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information