NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Would Dwight be willing to play for the MLE? Cause Orlando doesn't have to trade him there and re-live the Shaq story all over again. In fact, I think the Magic owner, Rich Devos would have to die before he spoon fed LA another 3 championships.

The Magic would accept a deal consisting of Bynum and Pau...you know that right?

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
      The Magic would accept a deal consisting of Bynum and Pau...you know that right?
      Doubt it, but that would be interesting.

Comment

The Magic would have to take that. If they didn't it would be just a horrendous decision. Only reason I could see turning it down is if they don't want to pay Pau's salary for the next 3 years.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by bolts2388 View Post
          Matt Barnes: "Dwight told me he wants to be a Laker."

Shock of the century. Everyone and their mom knows Dwight is going to LA.

Originally posted by MetSox17
          Why the hell not? The Hornets had six years to build a team for Paul, the Magic seven for Howard. If they want to go somewhere, where they'll compete for championships on a regular basis, what's wrong with that? They've earned that. They've paid their dues.
          I have 2 problems with it:

1. It's horrible for the business model of the league. I ultimately don't care if these guys want to become super best friends and make super teams, but that literally makes 28 teams in the league irrelevant. It's just horrible for business, and at the end of the day, you need a successful business model to have basketball.

2. It's a mentality that's infesting our society that I have a problem with. The fire and competitiveness of guys like Jordan and Kobe is disappearing and making way for guys who rather just take the easy way out.

It's like when you were in middle school, and you have the 2 best players on opposite teams and pick teams right? Well this is like those 2 best players wanting to play with each other and just stomp out everyone else. It's just a coward's way out. Rather than try to earn that W by going against the best, they rather just take it nice and easy. Where's the competitive fire?

I was a pretty competitive athlete growing up, and I'll never compare myself to these guys, but I'm sure everyone here played sports growing up. Didn't you want to beat the best? I dunno, I just don't like it.

Comment

• If they offered Bynum and Pau...I'd want to flip Pau elsewhere. I'd prefer a straight youth movement. That said, Bynum's value sucks, imo. I dont have a lot of confidence in him being a key cog on a young basketball team. The guy's knees are **** and he's always hurt. I'd rather get a bunch of healthy athletes from LAC.

And I'd rob that team blind...Gordon, Aminu, Jordan, Kaman's contract, and that 1st rounder. Spread it on....

And god I wish we just had some cash because I want Arron Afflalo.
            Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-03-2011, 11:45 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              If they offered Bynum and Pau...I'd want to flip Pau elsewhere. I'd prefer a straight youth movement. That said, Bynum's value sucks, imo. I dont have a lot of confidence in him being a key cog on a young basketball team. The guy's knees are **** and he's always hurt. I'd rather get a bunch of healthy athletes from LAC.

And I'd rob that team blind...Gordon, Aminu, Jordan, Kaman's contract, and that 1st rounder. Spread it on....

And god I wish we just had some cash because I want Arron Afflalo.
              Not unless the Hornets send CP3 to the Clippers for Kaman's contract, a 1st, Jordan, Aminu, Mo Williams, and Ryan Gomes

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Gotta love how everybody knows everything, but nobody knows nothing.

THE NBA IS BACK!!!! Woooohhoooo!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

1. It's horrible for the business model of the league. I ultimately don't care if these guys want to become super best friends and make super teams, but that literally makes 28 teams in the league irrelevant. It's just horrible for business, and at the end of the day, you need a successful business model to have basketball.

2. It's a mentality that's infesting our society that I have a problem with. The fire and competitiveness of guys like Jordan and Kobe is disappearing and making way for guys who rather just take the easy way out.

It's like when you were in middle school, and you have the 2 best players on opposite teams and pick teams right? Well this is like those 2 best players wanting to play with each other and just stomp out everyone else. It's just a coward's way out. Rather than try to earn that W by going against the best, they rather just take it nice and easy. Where's the competitive fire?

I was a pretty competitive athlete growing up, and I'll never compare myself to these guys, but I'm sure everyone here played sports growing up. Didn't you want to beat the best? I dunno, I just don't like it.
                  I like everything in this post. From D12 to LA to the very last thing. I hate that the players are running the NBA. I was a very competitive athlete as well...even in pick up games, I'd go to the team with the lesser talent or opposite team of the best guy just to prove I could hang and maybe even beat him/them.

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                  Originally posted by TitanHope
                  R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                  He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                    I like everything in this post. From D12 to LA to the very last thing. I hate that the players are running the NBA. I was a very competitive athlete as well...even in pick up games, I'd go to the team with the lesser talent or opposite team of the best guy just to prove I could hang and maybe even beat him/them.
                    Haha I totally know what you mean about playing with the underdogs. I love that. Cause nobody blames you if you lose but if you win there's so much more happiness in winning. Lol

...but Dwight isn't going to LAL. Shoot, what's to stop Dwight from going to Miami? Lol

It may seem like the players still control the league but the new CBA did make it harder for them and did give teams more power than they had before.

Comment

Haha I totally know what you mean about playing with the underdogs. I love that. Cause nobody blames you if you lose but if you win there's so much more happiness in winning. Lol

...but Dwight isn't going to LAL. Shoot, what's to stop Dwight from going to Miami? Lol

It may seem like the players still control the league but the new CBA did make it harder for them and did give teams more power than they had before.
                      Yea that's true, my dad heard the share % of the last deal and was like 0.0 WTF!! Imma tell my boss I want 57% of the revenue hahaha

And Dwight's not going to Miami....whatever they got we got...and better!!!!!

Comment

Dwight isnt going to Miami unless they trade him for Lebron straight up, which I think would be the best thing Miami could ever do for themselves.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Dwight isnt going to Miami unless they trade him for Lebron straight up, which I think would be the best thing Miami could ever do for themselves.
                          Seriously, they need a man to play against that skirt wearing PF of theirs. Would also balance out perfectly with D-Wade. Would make for an amazing team if that happened which it wont lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Can't complain about number 2; it's yet another microcosm of the mediocrity.

But number 1 on the other hand...

There's really only so much that can be fairly done to keep certain stars in certain areas that aren't considered Big Markets. You can give those markets that drafted those players a better overall hand to resign said players against other teams trying to snatch them away, and that'll sway most. You can have competent leadership providing a quality supporting cast and avoiding boneheaded decisions- teams like San Antonio have proved that model feasible, while other teams like Cleveland simply were in over their heads.

But that's as far as you can go. That's as far as anybody should be allowed to go. Professional Sports in general spent too many years clawing out of the shackles that was crap like the Reserve Clause and other restrictions which kept players where they were until they lost their value and were either rudely cut or traded away. Players fought out of that draconian arrangement, and gained more money and power in the process.

And every attempt to step backwards in a bid to massage every other market not New York or Los Angeles should be fought on general principle, even if it means this Super-Team fad.

Comment

• Think Strip once called this...

Oden draws interest from the Miami Heat

Comment

• What are they going to offer him that Portland cant match hell I think the QO offer alone from Portland is more then the heat can afford.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information