NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Man all the Hawks do is flop. Pretty damn annoying...
    Maybe that's why they beat Miami last night...They outflopped them.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Don't the Hawks still have their amnesty?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        I would dump him for just expirings without batting an eye. A contender would do something like that. Orlando so does it to get Dwight a running buddy.
        I'm remembering how difficult it was to get rid of Chris Webber's max contract and in the end the Kings had to take on a multitude of other bad contracts that added up to the same cap number and nearly the same contract length. I don't know if it would really be that easy to move Joe Johnson simply for expirings.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
          I'm remembering how difficult it was to get rid of Chris Webber's max contract and in the end the Kings had to take on a multitude of other bad contracts that added up to the same cap number and nearly the same contract length. I don't know if it would really be that easy to move Joe Johnson simply for expirings.
          Johnson is better than Webber was, but I do see your point. Thing is though, Orlando has to make a statement and I think they bite on a Johnson trade. He is a great teammate for Dwight style wise and they absolutely have to do something.

If not, I amnesty Johnson. Absolutely. My ideal layout as Hawks GM would be trade Johnson for expiring, trade Josh Smith for expiring and something of value (young player/1st rounder), and amnesty Marvin Williams.

Then, of course, the Hawks totally suck, are in line for a top 5 pick in a great draft and can extend max offers to both D Will and Dwight. It's an outside shot, but Atlanta is a decent market and the prospects of trotting out D Will--???---Harrison Barnes---Al Horford---Dwight has to be tempting for them. Right? Well, probably not, but I like to live in a fantasy world when playing NBA GM.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Andrew Bynum is a monster. I hope he stays healthy.

On the Rockets front, at least theyre fun to watch!

Comment

Johnson is better than Webber was, but I do see your point. Thing is though, Orlando has to make a statement and I think they bite on a Johnson trade. He is a great teammate for Dwight style wise and they absolutely have to do something.

If not, I amnesty Johnson. Absolutely. My ideal layout as Hawks GM would be trade Johnson for expiring, trade Josh Smith for expiring and something of value (young player/1st rounder), and amnesty Marvin Williams.

Then, of course, the Hawks totally suck, are in line for a top 5 pick in a great draft and can extend max offers to both D Will and Dwight. It's an outside shot, but Atlanta is a decent market and the prospects of trotting out D Will--???---Harrison Barnes---Al Horford---Dwight has to be tempting for them. Right? Well, probably not, but I like to live in a fantasy world when playing NBA GM.

No way in hell Joe Johnson is better than Chris Webber was. Webber was one of the most talented and well rounded PF's of the last 20 years, and Joe Johnson is somewhere within the 5-10 range of SG's right now.
              Last edited by yo123; 01-04-2012, 12:10 AM.

Comment

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• 14 pts 17 boards for Bynum with a couple mins left in the 3rd. Playing like he doesnt wanna get traded lol.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                    No way in hell Joe Johnson is better than Chris Webber was. Webber was one of the most talented and well rounded PF's of the last 20 years, and Joe Johnson is somewhere within the 5-10 range of SG's right now.
                    Not when he got traded.

Comment

• Rob is talking about Webber towards the end of his career not his prime.

Comment

• Joe Johnson isn't close to the same player he was 3 years ago either, so it's not really much of a difference.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Joe Johnson is too busy thinking about his unnecessarily large truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                            Rob is talking about Webber towards the end of his career not his prime.
                            Exactly. 04-05 Webber is about as good as current Joe Johnson. Obviously Weber is the much, much, much better basketball player overall.
                            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Well ****, Courtney Lee goes down on a non contact injury like he was shot by a sniper. Looks like achilles. Would be shocked if hes not done for the year.

Not that we were doing anywhere regardless, but the Rockets injury bug strikes again.

Edit: Apparently its the calf.
                              Last edited by comahan; 01-04-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• I've always liked C-Lee. Damn shame to hear about him going down with an injury. In other Rockets news - I love Kyle Lowery's game.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information