NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
    I would argue that LaMarcus Aldridge plays like a true superstar, but is not one in name.
    Meh. He is a very, very good player and possibly the playoffs could be his coming out party, but give me the teams with established superstars over the Blazers any day of the week. I'm just not totally confident in him making that dagger shot.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
      Meh. He is a very, very good player and possibly the playoffs could be his coming out party, but give me the teams with established superstars over the Blazers any day of the week. I'm just not totally confident in making that dagger shot.
      I think Lamarcus is a superstar in the making and is gonna prove that this year.

Crawford has always been able to hit the dagger, though.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
      I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        I think Lamarcus is a superstar in the making and is gonna prove that this year.

Crawford has always been able to hit the dagger, though.
        Crawford is relatively clutch and a nasty streak shooter, but I don't want him taking the last shot of a game 7, sorry.

Aldridge could very well prove me wrong, but I'm not ready to anoint the Blazers until he does so in playoffs. Just my opinion though. I understand the argument for the Blazers.

Comment

Crawford is relatively clutch and a nasty streak shooter, but I don't want him taking the last shot of a game 7, sorry.

Aldridge could very well prove me wrong, but I'm not ready to anoint the Blazer until he does so in playoffs.
          Id let Crawford take it, he has the ball to miss it. He isnt scared thats for sure...

...Trust me I would prefer they dont show up come playoff time, im a laker fan...but they look pretty damn tough.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• They've got a hell of a team around him, though.

The 2nd best pure point guard in the conference with Felton.

A wing player who can get his own shot in the second unit with Crawford.

Two all-around excellent players in Wallace and Matthews (both overlooked).

Underrated Camby (health, obviously, but I'd sit him and bring him back for the playoffs a la Shaq back in the day).

Batum is a solid bench player and Kurt Thomas is a wily veteran who can knock down open shots.

Depth is an issue and all of their players have had injury issues in the past, but it's clear to me that as presently constructed they are a cohesive unit with a lot of chemistry. And it all starts with Felton (I do worry that their back-up is Crawford and Felton's so ******* fat).
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Id let Crawford take it, he has the ball to miss it. He isnt scared thats for sure...

...Trust me I would prefer they dont show up come playoff time, im a laker fan...but they look pretty damn tough.
              Well, if LaMarcus is as good as you think (superstar), Crawford shouldn't be getting that ball.

Anyway, I think I take the Lakers over them. They are my least favorite of teams with a superstar though (possible even the Mavs despite looking awful). Kobe has to stop shooting, man. 4th quarter, absolutely, Kobe time. He has to tone it down though.

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                They've got a hell of a team around him, though.

The 2nd best pure point guard in the conference with Felton.

A wing player who can get his own shot in the second unit with Crawford.

Two all-around excellent players in Wallace and Matthews (both overlooked).

Underrated Camby (health, obviously, but I'd sit him and bring him back for the playoffs a la Shaq back in the day).

Batum is a solid bench player and Kurt Thomas is a wily veteran who can knock down open shots.

Depth is an issue and all of their players have had injury issues in the past, but it's clear to me that as presently constructed they are a cohesive unit with a lot of chemistry. And it all starts with Felton (I do worry that their back-up is Crawford and Felton's so ******* fat).
                Great surrounding talent, 100% agree. Listen, I like the Blazer a lot, I just buy into the "you're only as good as your best player" philosophy come playoff time.

Comment

Well, if LaMarcus is as good as you think (superstar), Crawford shouldn't be getting that ball.

Anyway, I think I take the Lakers over them. They are my least favorite of teams with a superstar though (possible even the Mavs despite looking awful). Kobe has to stop shooting, man. 4th quarter, absolutely, Kobe time. He has to tone it down though.
                  Not if they need a 3! ;)

But yeah, Kobe has been shooting well so he has been shooting more. But there are just times where he gets out of control....hes always been like that but you learn to live with it as a Laker fan.

Comment

Not if they need a 3! ;)

But yeah, Kobe has been shooting well so he has been shooting more. But there are just times where he gets out of control....hes always been like that but you learn to live with it as a Laker fan.
                    Yeah it's annoying. Especially because Fisher is the only one that can reign him in and Fisher is atrocious....

Comment

Yeah it's annoying. Especially because Fisher is the only one that can reign him in and Fisher is atrocious....
                      Yeah when we are down around 10 points or so he makes it look a lot worse because he starts playing out of control. Hes better when the game is within reach or in the lead, he plays under a lot more control and is a much better passer. Wish we could get him to do that all the time.

Comment

Yeah when we are down around 10 points or so he makes it look a lot worse because he starts playing out of control. Hes better when the game is within reach or in the lead, he plays under a lot more control and is a much better passer. Wish we could get him to do that all the time.
                        Agreed. I just find it hysterical that Fish is the only one that can differ from Kobe on offense without getting chewed out.

Comment

Agreed. I just find it hysterical that Fish is the only one that can differ from Kobe on offense without getting chewed out.
                          Yeah, its too bad because everyone just seems to stand around and wait for Kobe to do it all. No one seems to want the ball in crunch time and I feel like Kobe knows that too. Pau and Bynum have earned the right for the call for the ball, they just have to sack up and do it.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...arriors_010512

As the Orlando Magic consider deals for Dwight Howard, the Golden State Warriors have emerged as aggressive suitors for the NBA’s best center, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
                            Well this came out of no where

Comment

• Not really, they've been trying to make a big move all off-season long, and they made an offer for Howard before the season started also. Personally i think it's a dumb move cause there's no way Howard re-signs there.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                Not really, they've been trying to make a big move all off-season long, and they made an offer for Howard before the season started also. Personally i think it's a dumb move cause there's no way Howard re-signs there.
                                Jerry West is the type of guy who will go get him man and then worry about letting things fall into place later. It's not like that core of iso-ballers is ever gonna be a contender anyways :shrug: might as well shoot for the stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information