NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
    BBD, you are saying stars win championships. You are also under the belief that the Knicks can win a championship.

Currently the Knicks only have 'Melo who would be considered a superstar. Chandler is just a solid defensive anchor, a more sure handed Omer Asik, and Amare would be best served on the Knicks to be a 6th man when he comes back. Where is the 2nd superstar if the Knicks are going to win the championship?
    [serious BBD]We're not going to. We'll lose to the Heat in the ECF.[/serious BBD]

[troll BBD]We have Kidd, a future HOFer, Melo, Stat who will be 6th man of the year, and Rasheed Wallace and Marcus Camby. And Chandler is a top 3 Center in the league, thus making him a star by default. So we have more than 1 star.[/troll BBD]

Comment

• Youtube Game of the Day

3/19/00, Lakers vs. Knicks

Shaquille O'Neal, A.C. Green, Glen Rice, Kobe Bryant, Ron Harper
      Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Latrell Sprewell, Allen Houston, Charlie Ward

Comment

• The 99 Knicks were my favorite team of all time. I had so much fun rooting for that team. The 4 point play was probably my favorite Knick moment of all time.

The 94 Knicks were #2. I was </3 that year. I really thought we were gonna win it all. But in 99, I don't think any of us Knick fans thought we'd make the Finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
          I don't know that it would have been good for Lin. Now he's on a team where all of the players are around his age, and he can grow his game along with everyone else, and no one expects him to help them go deep into the playoffs. With the Knicks, he would have been asked to play PG for a team of veterans, would have had to fix all of his flaws QUICK, and if he didn't, he'd have been crucified.
          This is sterotyping, but there's some truth to this... that Asians thrive off pressure. Put them in a relaxed atmosphere and they are downright goofy.

Nobody really has high expectations for Lin like they used to. Is that good for him? I dunno. His marketing stock has already taken a plunge away from the NY media. I think his star has already started to fade and soon he'll be considered an average NBA player... if he's not already thought of that way. OK, so he can grow with a young Houston team and now take his time to work out kinks and what? Get back his reputation that he once had in NY?

Comment

• Depth mainly shows its impact during the regular season. Most of these teams with superstars are fairly old and depth allows teams to sustain the inevitable injuries that will occur as well as simply survive through a long and rigorous season(especially on back to backs). Teams don't want to play their stars 40 minutes a night, thus if you have a good bench you can build leads when your bench outplays the other. Look at the Bulls regular season last year without Rose, but with a great bench.

Where depth does show its impact during the playoffs (aside from the occasional injury) is that it allows stars to keep their minutes down during the regular season and thus have the superstars be fresh to play big minutes during the playoffs.

Comment

• I agree with that. Depth matters in the regular season. It helps you win more games by keeping guys fresh for a long season.

But come playoff time, it doesn't mean anything. Starters just play more minutes. The only time it matters is if your star gets into foul trouble early, which doesn't happen very often.

Comment

• Or if your superstar is getting up there in age... Wade and Kobe can't go 42+mpg for a whole post-season anymore, i don't think. Efficiently at least.

Comment

• Wade isn't that old. Kobe yes. But not Wade. He'll be fine.

Shoot, if Garnett can play Center in a compressed season and somehow not have his knees explode, Wade should be fine.

Comment

• We saw the beginning of it last post season. There was stretches where Wade looked like he had dead legs, settling for weak jumpshots and not having enough strength to get em there. Unless Wade starts adapting to the fact that his body is deteriorating (like Kobe has), he's gonna become less and less efficient for the Heat.

Comment

• It could have just been poor conditioning in a shortened season. But he is also 30.

The problem for Wade is, I don't think he'll ever be as efficient of a shooter as Kobe was/is. And that's what he'll need to become over the next 5 years of his career.

He should be ok for this year and maybe next year though. We'll see those effects 3 years from now.

Comment

• Milwaukee Bucks! You better believe it!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          It could have just been poor conditioning in a shortened season. But he is also 30.

The problem for Wade is, I don't think he'll ever be as efficient of a shooter as Kobe was/is. And that's what he'll need to become over the next 5 years of his career.

He should be ok for this year and maybe next year though. We'll see those effects 3 years from now.
                          lolwut? Wade is way more efficient than Kobe. Wade is probably close to 50% FG for his career. Unless you mean just pure shooting (Kobe isn't an efficient "shooter" anyway though so I don't really get the point), then I agree.....that's not to say Wade can't reinvent his game in another way though....Kobe's post game got insane, no reason why Wade can't do the same thing and pull out an previously unseen offensive skill after a summer of hard work.
                          Last edited by Rob S; 11-15-2012, 05:08 PM.
                          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                            lolwut? Wade is way more efficient than Kobe. Wade is probably close to 50% FG for his career. Unless you mean just pure shooting (Kobe isn't an efficient "shooter" anyway though so I don't really get the point), then I agree.....that's not to say Wade can't reinvent his game in another way though....Kobe's post game got insane, no reason why Wade can't do the same thing and pull out an previously unseen offensive skill after a summer of hard work.
                            Yeah I meant perimeter shooting. Wade's field goal percentage is higher bc he's much better at attacking the basket at this point in their respective careers.

Comment

• Wade's knee was ****** at the end of last year, wasn't like his legs were tired. He's always had a mid range game, but he'll definitely have to shift more to a post/mid range game as time goes on.

Cole/Allen/JJ/Miller/Shard/Haslem/Joel. Suck on my depth sucka!

That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                                lolwut? Wade is way more efficient than Kobe. Wade is probably close to 50% FG for his career. Unless you mean just pure shooting (Kobe isn't an efficient "shooter" anyway though so I don't really get the point), then I agree.....that's not to say Wade can't reinvent his game in another way though....Kobe's post game got insane, no reason why Wade can't do the same.
                                Wade was efficient the same way Harden was efficient last year. He'd barrel through the lane with no regard for his body and he'd get bailed out constantly by officiating. He has never been a jumpshooter. Kobe's game has always been differently and can score in just about every way imaginable. Wade's offensive game has always been limited. It just never mattered until now.

And Kobe has shot 46% in 16 NBA seasons, while Wade has shot 48% over 9. Not that impressive when those 9 have been most of his prime.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information