Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kobe is amazing. Today, he had 0 assists against the Warriors. I can honestly say I'm amazed that, for as much as Kobe handles the ball, he was able to go an entire game with out (even incidentally) managing a single assist. That might be more impressive then scoring 50+ points.

    You can tell from the highlights all he cares about is scoring. I see him on a fast break and he takes multiple defenders 1-on-2 or 1-on-3 when he could easily dish off to a teammate for an easy bucket. But not Kobe.

    Kobe is maybe the most talented player in the league. But he is not the best nor the most valuable. He doesn't make guys around him better. He is not a good team player (boycotting shooting in 2nd half of game 7 last yr). His team will do no better than the 6th seed, he is not the MVP.

    Anyone bring up Kobe in the same sentence as Michael Jordan should be embarrassed.
    "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

    sig by vikes99ej

    RIP Sean Taylor
    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

    Comment


    • he's not the most valuable? how can you say this...without him scoring 40+ points a game they would not be on the best winning streak they've had all year...if anything he's the most valuable...the Lakers are in desperation mode...they were on a seven game losing streak before Kobe said "stop the ********..."

      Of course you can tell from the highlights that he wants to score...Phil Jackson has given him the green light to be ruthless and score as many points as possible...even Phil knows that when kobe scores 40+, they win...

      Kobe doesn't need assists when Luke Walton and Lamar Odom are playing full steam...they are the people who take the pressure off of Kobe...If you don't think that Kobe is in the same light as Michael Jordan you should be embarrassed to even say you watch basketball...he's the greatest of our era and you should recognize this...

      plus for anyone who says that Kobe needs to win a ring without Shaq....same goes for Dwayne Wade...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by soybean View Post
        isn't he a PF?
        No, I'm pretty sure Howard is a center.


        http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          If the C's get Oden or Durant they could actually be in pretty nice shape for the future (after Pierce). With Durant they could go a smallish lineup:

          Jefferson
          Durant
          Gomes
          Green
          Rondo

          .
          ?? did you just put durant at PF??

          Comment


          • Originally posted by swagger View Post
            Kobe is amazing. Today, he had 0 assists against the Warriors. I can honestly say I'm amazed that, for as much as Kobe handles the ball, he was able to go an entire game with out (even incidentally) managing a single assist. That might be more impressive then scoring 50+ points.

            You can tell from the highlights all he cares about is scoring. I see him on a fast break and he takes multiple defenders 1-on-2 or 1-on-3 when he could easily dish off to a teammate for an easy bucket. But not Kobe.

            Kobe is maybe the most talented player in the league. But he is not the best nor the most valuable. He doesn't make guys around him better. He is not a good team player (boycotting shooting in 2nd half of game 7 last yr). His team will do no better than the 6th seed, he is not the MVP.

            Anyone bring up Kobe in the same sentence as Michael Jordan should be embarrassed.
            Last night he was going for 50, and so were his teammates(at times forced the ball to Kobe). You would have seen that if you would have seen the game besides look at the stat sheet and a couple highlights. He is the best player in the league, but not the MVP...because the MVP depends a lot on the team surrounding you.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Moses View Post
              You're clearly insanely biased if you think Duncan is better than Kobe. I can't even begin to comprehend that argument. I thought somebody would make the argument for Steve Nash or somebody who is even in the realm of possibility. Duncan is a great postman but he is not in Kobe's league.

              Kobe is:
              -The best scorer in the league (best perimeter scorer of all-time, best scorer of all-time?)
              -One of the top perimeter defenders in the NBA
              -Great passer, very underrated at this

              The only player in the history of the NBA who I think you can clearly put above of Kobe Bryant is Michael Jordan.
              How many assists did he have last night hmm oh wait NONE!!! and 7 turnovers
              LOLOL

              Comment


              • I didn't watch yesterday's game, but Kobe never passed the ball to his teammates at all? Because having no assists doesn't mean he never passed the ball, his teammates could have missed their shots.

                If anything, Kobe's amazing level of play has increased the quality of shot selection of the team imo.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  I didn't watch yesterday's game, but Kobe never passed the ball to his teammates at all? Because having no assists doesn't mean he never passed the ball, his teammates could have missed their shots.

                  If anything, Kobe's amazing level of play has increased the quality of shot selection of the team imo.
                  115 points for the team as a whole...............
                  SOMEONE ELSE WAS MAKING SHOTS!

                  Comment


                  • Where was all the "Kobe for MVP!!!111111" talk when the Lakers were enduring both a 6-game and a 7-game losing streak? Oh yah, you couldn't, because instead the talk was about Phil Jackson quitting.

                    Anyways, I hope Kobe scores 50 every game rest of the season. He won't be able to carry his team to wins in the playoffs. And then he won't know what to do because he doesn't know how to make his teammates better without shooting 40 times a game. He will probably end his season like last years, boycotting shooting like a little kid.
                    "Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

                    sig by vikes99ej

                    RIP Sean Taylor
                    4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      I didn't watch yesterday's game, but Kobe never passed the ball to his teammates at all? Because having no assists doesn't mean he never passed the ball, his teammates could have missed their shots.

                      If anything, Kobe's amazing level of play has increased the quality of shot selection of the team imo.
                      That would be the case normally, but last night they were forcing the ball to Kobe, it was kind of comical. But yes, Kobe taking 35 shots a game is a better option than Smush and Kwame.

                      Earlier in the season, when things were going great, with Odom and Luke completely healthy...Kobe was taking less shots, scoring less and passing a lot more, the team as a whole was scoring a ton. Then Luke and Odom go down for significant time(just barely getting back), he tires to continue the same gameplan of more passing, but it just wasn't working...he NEEDS to take a lot of shots for the Lakers to even have a chance.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by swagger View Post
                        Where was all the "Kobe for MVP!!!111111" talk when the Lakers were enduring both a 6-game and a 7-game losing streak? Oh yah, you couldn't, because instead the talk was about Phil Jackson quitting.
                        Starting line up during those losing streaks:

                        PG: Smush Parker
                        SG: Kobe/Maurice Evans
                        SF: Evans/Kobe
                        PF: Brian Cook
                        C: Ronny Turiaf/Andrew Bynum

                        Edit: I forgot about Radmanovic, he started some...until he thought it would be cool to go snowboarding during the all star break and separate a shoulder.
                        Last edited by slightlyaraiderfan; 03-26-2007, 12:43 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                          How many assists did he have last night hmm oh wait NONE!!! and 7 turnovers
                          LOLOL
                          Wow, one game. He's averaging 5.4 assissts per game this season. Check Duncan's stats pal. LeBron James, who is widely regarded as one of the great passers for his position is only averaging 6 assists per game.

                          Comment


                          • Just when you thought he couldn't get any weirder Ron Artest reportedly wants to play a year or two overseas to get away from all the media attention.

                            Sig By:The Dynasty

                            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Moses View Post
                              You're clearly insanely biased if you think Duncan is better than Kobe. I can't even begin to comprehend that argument. I thought somebody would make the argument for Steve Nash or somebody who is even in the realm of possibility. Duncan is a great postman but he is not in Kobe's league.

                              Kobe is:
                              -The best scorer in the league (best perimeter scorer of all-time, best scorer of all-time?)
                              -One of the top perimeter defenders in the NBA
                              -Great passer, very underrated at this

                              The only player in the history of the NBA who I think you can clearly put above of Kobe Bryant is Michael Jordan.
                              I hate the Spurs, and I'm a huge Suns fan. If I thought that there could be any legitimate argument to say that Steve Nash is the best player in the league, trust me, I'd be all over that. Kobe is the second best player in the league right now, I'd hardly call that haterism. Duncan however is a better leader and infinitely better defensively. He's brutally efficient and you can almost always count on him for 20/10 a game while shooting over 50%.

                              Kobe definitely is the best all around scorer playing right now, but Steve Nash is a better perimeter scorer (was shooting almost 50% from three before he messed up his shoulder).

                              He's a good defender, but guys like Ron Artest, Bruce Bowen, etc. are better defenders.

                              Definitely underrated in this, I completely agree with you. The whole "Kobe is selfish" thing is completely overplayed.

                              Larry Bird, Shaquille O'Neal, Kareem, Magic Johnson, Oscar Roberston, Wilt Chamerblain, Bill Russell, Michael Jordan, etc. are all better players all time than Kobe is.

                              Comment


                              • ya'll are fu*kin crazy. Oden will own Howard and become the next Olajuwon
                                Last edited by Big Mike; 03-26-2007, 04:17 PM.


                                ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

                                XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information