• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bantx View Post
    Go Mavs 60!
    Made the comeback without the Dirkzilla

Comment

• Big game for my boys tonight against Detroit at the UC. Gotta have this game. We're in the 5th slot right now, which makes no sense whatsoever but oh well, and I'd like to leap frog Cleveland for the #2 slot.

Game and a half behind the Cavs I believe with 10 to go. After Detroit we've got Cleveland at home, so it'd be nice to beat both of those teams back to back.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLS42 View Post
        I believe "mirked" is spelled mercked.
        I believe its murked
        Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

• Just like to point out Josh Smith is #1 in the entire league in total blocks with 190, and 2nd in the league in bpg at 2.92, to go along with about 16 ppg, 9 rpg, and 3.2 apg, he could really explode next year into a 20 10 guy and win defensive player of the year, he should be first team all defense this year but the voters will go by ritual and pick Kobe, Marion etc.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
            Just like to point out Josh Smith is #1 in the entire league in total blocks with 190, and 2nd in the league in bpg at 2.92, to go along with about 16 ppg, 9 rpg, and 3.2 apg, he could really explode next year into a 20 10 guy and win defensive player of the year, he should be first team all defense this year but the voters will go by ritual and pick Kobe, Marion etc.
            There's a lot more to defence than blocks, or even any statistic for that matter. Kobe and Marion should be locks for the All-Defence Team because they're two of the leagues greatest defenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
              There's a lot more to defence than blocks, or even any statistic for that matter. Kobe and Marion should be locks for the All-Defence Team because they're two of the leagues greatest defenders.
              I can't think of any player in the league that alters more shots than Josh Smith, he basically closes down the entire lane and forces you to take outside shots, the 9 rebounds per game doesn't hurt either, as far as man defense he is above average.

Comment

I can't think of any player in the league that alters more shots than Josh Smith, he basically closes down the entire lane and forces you to take outside shots, the 9 rebounds per game doesn't hurt either, as far as man defense he is above average.
                Josh Smith is a great defender but I still would take Kobe or Marion above him any day of the week in terms of defence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
                  I believe its murked
                  yup murked

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

Josh is not on the same level as Kobe and Sean as a defender. JS reminds me a lot of Tyrus Thomas on defense. A guy who alters shots every time someone drives the lane. But not a lock down defender.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                      Josh is not on the same level as Kobe and Sean as a defender. JS reminds me a lot of Tyrus Thomas on defense. A guy who alters shots every time someone drives the lane. But not a lock down defender.
                      You Chitowners and your Thomas. In college Tyrus was elite but I think Josh Smith is a better defender. He is the type of guy who can average 3Blks and 2Stls a game. Who's Sean though?

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                        Terrible Comparison, Tyrus Thomas couldn't hold Josh Smith's jockstrap, Josh Smith is well ahead of the pace, and if he continues what he's doing he will be one of the NBA's All time leading Shot Blockers when he retires amazing for a SF/PF, he is already the youngest to reach 300 blocks, gaining the feat with over 30 games before the next youngest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                          You Chitowners and your Thomas. In college Tyrus was elite but I think Josh Smith is a better defender. He is the type of guy who can average 3Blks and 2Stls a game. Who's Sean though?
                          I'm sorry, Shawn Marion. My buddy spells his name the other way so I get confused, haha.

Tyrus is putting up those kind of block numbers right now, and he's playing half the minutes JS is playing. Steals, eh, not yet. But JS is also 2 years ahead of Tyrus as well.

Both have simular defensive games though. Alter shots in the lane, block shots, play above the rim, etc...And hell yes, TT is my boy man. JS is Ghetto's boy, and TT is mine. And in 2 years, Tyrus will be a monster of a player. Much like in about another year, JS will be a monster player consistently.

Comment

Terrible Comparison, Tyrus Thomas couldn't hold Josh Smith's jockstrap, Josh Smith is well ahead of the pace, and if he continues what he's doing he will be one of the NBA's All time leading Shot Blockers when he retires amazing for a SF/PF, he is already the youngest to reach 300 blocks, gaining the feat with over 30 games before the next youngest.
                            Really? Josh Smith is also 2 years ahead of Tyrus, in case you've forgotten.

And BS he couldn't hold JS's jockstrap. I think you need to take off the homer glasses there buddy. Ask any Bull fan who's watched Tyrus this season and they'll tell you he's good for at least 2 or 3 blocks a game right now, and again, he's playing half the minutes JS is playing.

I said they had simular defensive games btw, if you'd actually read my post before exploding on me. I never said Tyrus was better, nor did I say he would be better defensively. I said they had simular defensive games. Again, try reading my posts before you try and defend your boy.

And you cannot argue against that. Niether one is a lock down defender, but both are very good at shot blocking. That's what I'd call a simular defensive game.

Comment

• Oh and GS, here's some stats for you to look at:

Josh Smith (rookie season):

27.7 mpg

2bpg

Tyrus Thomas (rookie season):

12.4mpg

1.1bpg

Like I said, both play above the rim defensively and are simular in their defensive games right now. I know JS is better than Tyrus and that's not what I'm arguing, I'm arguing that they have simular defensive games, which they do.

Comment

• Btw GS, I remember that we had a bet going on about Atlanta making the playoffs, a sig bet if memory serves me right. Looks like I won. :D

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information