NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namy View Post
    blah I was hoping to steal the first game from the Lakers. We still have a chance tomorrow. Unfortunately I couldn't watch it because of work, but it looked like we had a major collapse in the third quarter. Kleiza and JR played well it looks like. It also seems like Melo and AI took a lot of jumpshots. Hopefully we become more aggressive. And what did Camby do that made him so bad today? Just curious... his offense? defense? both?

I can't believe the Sixers beat the Pistons tho. The Pistons and Celtics were locks imo to sweep their series or win it in 5. I guess the Pistons still could win in 5, but it seems a lot less likely.
    Gasol simply outplayed him....there was no stopping points in the paint for the Lakers...the nuggets had no answer...and plus the Nuggets lost their heads during the fourth quarter....Carter pushing Kobe, Iverson getting ejected....I don't see any real way the Nuggets will win a game this series...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
      Gasol simply outplayed him....there was no stopping points in the paint for the Lakers...the nuggets had no answer...and plus the Nuggets lost their heads during the fourth quarter....Carter pushing Kobe, Iverson getting ejected....I don't see any real way the Nuggets will win a game this series...
      Andre Miller simply outplayed Chauncey Billups... there was no stopping the Sixers hustle and effort... the Pistons had no answer... in fact, they looked lethargic... plus the pistons looked like they didn't belong in the second half.... billups missing 3 of 4 crucial free throws down the stretch, rasheed laughing w/his opponents on what would be their last chance to tie the game.... and they lost home court advantage.... I don't see any real way the Pistons will win a game this series.....

NOT. Sorry, that was a long, but necessary, example to counter the particular statement you made, which i bolded. The playoffs are about ADJUSTMENTS. The Pistons lost their first game (and lost home court), yet no one should be panicking about them losing the SERIES.

I'm not saying the Nuggets will win the series. I didn't get to watch the entire game. But they will win a couple games and be competitive at the very least. Winning the first game means nothing... Nuggets beat the spurs at SA last year first game. They lost the next four... First game, teams feel each other out.

Also, while I wish the Nuggets faced NO instead of LA, I'm not buying the Lakers hype. They are great team, but imo, they are not the #1 team in the West and I believe that the Nuggets CAN win this series. Anyways, the Best of the West will either SA or Utah by the end of the season imo.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

Andre Miller simply outplayed Chauncey Billups... there was no stopping the Sixers hustle and effort... the Pistons had no answer... in fact, they looked lethargic... plus the pistons looked like they didn't belong in the second half.... billups missing 3 of 4 crucial free throws down the stretch, rasheed laughing w/his opponents on what would be their last chance to tie the game.... and they lost home court advantage.... I don't see any real way the Pistons will win a game this series.....

NOT. Sorry, that was a long, but necessary, example to counter the particular statement you made, which i bolded. The playoffs are about ADJUSTMENTS. The Pistons lost their first game (and lost home court), yet no one should be panicking about them losing the SERIES.

I'm not saying the Nuggets will win the series. I didn't get to watch the entire game. But they will win a couple games and be competitive at the very least. Winning the first game means nothing... Nuggets beat the spurs at SA last year first game. They lost the next four... First game, teams feel each other out.

Also, while I wish the Nuggets faced NO instead of LA, I'm not buying the Lakers hype. They are great team, but imo, they are not the #1 team in the West and I believe that the Nuggets CAN win this series. Anyways, the Best of the West will either SA or Utah by the end of the season imo.
        while I'll be a homer and say the Nuggets won't win a game this series...mainly due to the fact that the lakers swept the season series BEFORE they acquired Gasol...they will probably win at least one game...

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
          Damn, I thought Philly was going to steal a game but I thought they'd take Game 3 or 4. I never imagined they'd take this one.
          Bleh. I had a feeling the Pistons would blow it.. I think we should start Maxiell and bring McDyess off the bench. Maxiell has been outplaying McDyess for quite a while now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
            Bleh. I had a feeling the Pistons would blow it.. I think we should start Maxiell and bring McDyess off the bench. Maxiell has been outplaying McDyess for quite a while now.
            Didnt you go to the game tonight?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
              Didnt you go to the game tonight?
              Yes I did as a matter of fact.

Comment

In the first paragraph you said you're not saying the the Nuggets will win the series and then in the second paragraph you said you think they can win the series.

But to address it as a whole.. The Nuggets don't have the defense to win the series. They're too much of a high-low team to beat the Lakers. Like many others, IMO, I don't think the Nuggets will win one game this series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  Yes I did as a matter of fact.
                  He demands his money back from Flip Saunders.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• the nuggets won't win or won't come close because of the simple fact that george karl is their coach. if they had a better coach they'd be one of the top team year in and year out, too many good players.

Comment

• Scott Skiles to coach the Milwaukee Bucks per ESPN.
                      http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3356713

I don't like the hire.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

• I like how my Cavs are playing right now. Our perimeter guys are playing well, those being Boobie Gibson and Wally Szerbiac (spelling). Gibson is playing well, active on defense and offense. Ball movement is nice, and Big Z is playing well.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Yes everyone, LeBron can play defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                            Yes everyone, LeBron can play defense.
                            According to Josh Smith haters getting blocks doesn't equal good defense, and no one has ever said he can't block people or get steals it's his man D, and on several occasions he was crossed up in the first half. He gets away with swipes but all "stars" get that right.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                              Yes everyone, LeBron can play defense.
                              I've been saying this all year, but no one seems to listen. I still hate him though.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                                According to Josh Smith haters getting blocks doesn't equal good defense, and no one has ever said he can't block people or get steals it's his man D, and on several occasions he was crossed up in the first half. He gets away with swipes but all "stars" get that right.
                                He definitely forced some bad shots. He'll get beat fairly often, but the blocks, steals he gets are usually a big help in momentum. He's definitely not a liability on D like he was a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information