NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    Eh, he could do either or. But if he can be set up by Boobie Gibson, then he could do some great things with Jason Kidd. Especially backdoor stuff, tight spaces, hitting LeBron while in stride, etc.. LeBron can be very good without the ball though, just look at the end of the game one with the Wizards. Gibson handled the ball, got it to LeBron on the move and then he scored a couple of times, giving us the momentum.

I like the trade we ended up with, though. Delonte West and Joe Smith have looked good, Ben Wallace has been energized in the playoffs, and Wally can be a very good tool when he is on.
    Yeah, LeBron is so good he can do either or honestly. But I don't even know if the Cavs had the pieces to get him anyway.

But my philosophy for LeBron is this... let him have the ball and just surround him with shooters. Haven't done that great of job yet but Kidd can't shoot AT ALL. So that is why I don't think he'd fit that well. But you are right, he would have worked in some respects but when people threw doubles or triples at LeBron and you had Kidd on the floor, he's gonna brick it.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

• Originally posted by DChess View Post
      nah it was named when this happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJAIzfUrsDA
      haha, you aint lying. I can watch that all day. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Looks like the Mavs cant beat the 8th seed or the 2nd. lol nubs.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
          Yeah, LeBron is so good he can do either or honestly. But I don't even know if the Cavs had the pieces to get him anyway.

But my philosophy for LeBron is this... let him have the ball and just surround him with shooters. Haven't done that great of job yet but Kidd can't shoot AT ALL. So that is why I don't think he'd fit that well. But you are right, he would have worked in some respects but when people threw doubles or triples at LeBron and you had Kidd on the floor, he's gonna brick it.
          We had Anderson Verejao and Ben Wallace on the court at the same time the other day. It can't be much worst than that, lol.

But, I am happy now that we did not make the trade. We got some solid players in the trade we did pull off.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• jsut shy of 100 pts through 3 quarters, the mavs look awful.

thanks for the avy love deangelo :)

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
              We had Anderson Verejao and Ben Wallace on the court at the same time the other day. It can't be much worst than that, lol.

But, I am happy now that we did not make the trade. We got some solid players in the trade we did pull off.
              Yeah. Too bad Ben Wallace's contract blowsssssssssssssssssssss.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

all i know is the mavs window for a championship might be very small if not closed already
                Our best chance was the Miami series seasons ago. Pretty much the same starting 5 aside from Kidd, but with a ridiculous bench. We had Devin Harris, Stackhouse, Van Horn, Marquis Daniels, Dampier/Diop and Darrell Armstrong coming off the bench. That really was our strength. Now it's not even close.

Comment

yeah seriously, he makes more than bron bron but ah well, larry hughes is a *****, so im cool. the trade really didnt do much but i think yesterday was the first time our team really clicked. our depth realy showed, having fresh legs out there all the time is really nice. also i lilke our 4th quarter squad better than before the trade, not that it changed much but we play z a little more in the 4th and before the trade he wouldnt play down the stretch, same with gooden. now z is a great weapon between the hoop and the three point line, expands the court even more. also we'll be able to tell how well the trade was next round when big ben guards kg

Comment

• Lewis is so off from 3 tonight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

Larry Hughes's contract, meet Wingboy. Wingboy, Larry Hughes's contract.

You have to give up as much as you take in...

Comment

• The Mavs game is so bad, they resorted to putting the Magic/Raps game on. Even in the Dallas market.

Comment

the mavs got rid of all their depth with that trade and somebody who kinda went overlooked in that trade, diop, was a big player off the bench especially agianst teams in the west
                          That's a great point. Diop's ability to take away the opponent's post game has been totally underrated. Their departing with Double D might be the biggest mistake in the history of the Dallas Mavericks franchise. I liken it to the Lakers when they traded Shaquille O'Neal, the former LSU standout, thus removing Kobe's only possible recipient for a pass if he wanted to--which he didn't. Without Diop, I dont think they can stop the Western Conference's top big men like Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire, Pau Gasol and Fabricio Oberto. His presence not only struck deadly fear into opposing post players, but also opposing perimeter players when they drove the lane. The last thing Kobe Bryant wants to see when he's driving the lane is Diop. Not just because he would block the shot with the ferocity of one thousand Kenyon Martins on redbull, but because it might force him to pass.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Ohh, that will be fun to see. Talking about Ben Wallace on Kevin Garnett.

Also, got to love how Big Z has been shooting from the outside. Nice to have a big 7 foot center with touch on his shooting. Watching us shoot yesterday was like a whole new feel with the way we were in rythem offensively.

How did the Raptors get a lead on the magic? I expected the Magic to handle them, especially with how people were talking earlier in the thread.
                            Last edited by BamaFalcon59; 04-22-2008, 09:09 PM.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• is bill raferty on the raps-magic game!?!? OMG GET IT OFF, IM GONNA KILL SOMEONE!

Comment

• Chris Bosh is beasting.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information