NBA Discussion: Warrioooooors, come out to plaaayaaay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
    At this other place this guy did a bunch of simulations with different teams and the best place for him was the Suns. Really, if they could manage to trade say... the early first rounder and one of the other ones, as well as Bell and/or Diaw, they could have a terrific team. Put Barbosa at the 2 and draft a PG. I really think that team would be unstoppable.
    Eh, I read the same thing and thought it was pretty much garbage...but as far as value that the Wolves would receive, they couldn't get much better than an early first as well as Diaw.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
      No Wade, r u serious, plus Bosh should be starting over Howard.
      Well minus the homerism, as far as Wade went, I think Shaq would be a more necessary force, but that's just me. I originally had Wade on there until I read the rules.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
        Eh, I read the same thing and thought it was pretty much garbage...but as far as value that the Wolves would receive, they couldn't get much better than an early first as well as Diaw.
        You think that team would be worse than the Lakers one you set up? Or you just don't think the Suns would go through with the trade? If it's the former, I don't think the teams are really even close. If it's the latter, well, if they were to not make it to the Finals this year, I'd say it's a pretty decent possibility provided the T-Wolves put it out there.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

You think that team would be worse than the Lakers one you set up? Or you just don't think the Suns would go through with the trade? If it's the former, I don't think the teams are really even close. If it's the latter, well, if they were to not make it to the Finals this year, I'd say it's a pretty decent possibility provided the T-Wolves put it out there.
          To tell you the truth, I honestly don't know if the Suns would do the trade you had listed and it would be highly dependant on where the Suns pick would be. I also do not know where KG would fit in with the Suns and think that it could almost create a situation where there would not be enough shots to go around (although KG is extremely unselfish). It would be very interesting to actually see KG with a good PG as well as a center that actually knows how to play the game. Overall, I just feel that combining KG with Kobe would allow each of them to maximize their potentials and answer all the questions that we have placed upon each of them. Also, the value that the Lakers would be offering the Wolves with Odom and a good young center like Bynum, could very well be more tempting than a duo of Diaw and a draft pick.
          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

East:

PG - Jason Kidd
            SG - Michael Redd
            SF - Lebron James
            PF - Dwight Howard
            C - Shaq

Bench:
            PG - Chauncey Billups
            SF - Paul Pierce
            F/C - Chris Bosh

West:

PG - Steve Nash
            SG - Kobe Bryant
            SF - Tracy McGrady
            PF - Kevin Garnett
            C - Tim Duncan

Bench:
            G - Allen Iverson
            SG - Ray Allen
            F - Dirk Nowitzki

Those would probably be the teams.
            I'm pretty sure Arenas would get the nod over Redd and rightfully so!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• i would trade diaw and 2 1st for Garnett

Starting line up would be like this

C Stat
              PF Garnett
              SF The Matrix
              SG Bell
              PG Nash

3 people could put up 20-10 on any night and the defense would be great

Thomas & Barbosa & James Jones coming off the bench

Comment

• If I were Phoenix I'd trade #4, Diaw, some cap add in guy, and #29 for Garnett.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• I don't think Jeff Green is overrated at all he's just finally get his recognition he deserves, he can average 7+ rebounds in the NBA from the SF position, he is one of the best ball handling and passing big men in the draft and he can score when called upon but does not need the ball to score ala Shawn Marion which is so valuable in the NBA with all of the ball hogs. Add to that he might be the best defender in the draft with his ability to guard the perimeter and down low, IMO Jeff Green is a very rich Boris Diaw, teams will pass on him because he isn't the sexy pick but he is the type of player who will be drafted by a championship contender. Obviously with how he played the past 2 games Brewer's hype is at an all time high but I see many faults in his game. 1st and most glaring is his frame, he could stand lots of work in the weight room, 2nd he gets by too much with his long arms and athleticism, don't expect him to be much of a rebounder in the NBA like he is in college. Defensively he is great but on offense he really lacks consistency on his shot and his slight frame will not allow him to penetrate well in the NBA. IMO he should go 12-18, but he is in a grouping with Young, Thornton, and Byars, I just think once the championship hype goes down scouts can really evaluate him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• If I were Phoenix Id trade Boris and the 1st rounders for Pau Gasol, oh wait I already did.

Comment

• With all the Oden/Howard debates I think it is important to remember that the one variable that could dtermine the success of each is coaching. Look at Dwight Howard . By no means is he having a "bad" year this year but he is not progressing at the same rate as he did during his first two years. I think that the absence of Clifford Ray has everything to do with that . Whoever gets to draft Oden would be wise to hire Ray and have him work with the big guy. Coaching big men is extremly important.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                        Ok he's solified it then, haha.
                        There is no chance in hell that Brewer is not a lottery pick. He really does have the entire package. Plus, when you have a 7'0" wingspan, you can shut down the opposing player. He is going to be a much better Tayshun Prince. He won't be the #1 option for scoring, but he'll be a critical component to any team he plays for.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYmoney View Post
                          There is no chance in hell that Brewer is not a lottery pick. He really does have the entire package. Plus, when you have a 7'0" wingspan, you can shut down the opposing player. He is going to be a much better Tayshun Prince. He won't be the #1 option for scoring, but he'll be a critical component to any team he plays for.
                          meh..I know that Brewer had 2 good shooting games, but he's not near the shooter Prince was IMO. Brewer is a better scorer inside though.
                          Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                            if you could choose one player from 8 East teams (to create a rotation with) and then the west.

East: Concept: Built around power and inside strength. Defense is also a positive.

PG: Kirk Hinrich
                            SG: Mike Dunleavy
                            SF: Josh Smith
                            PF: Dwight Howard
                            C: Chris Bosh

Backups:
                            PF/C: Emeka Okafor
                            PG: Marcus Williams
                            F: David Lee

Its a young team that has major star power. I wish i couldve gotten more blue collar guys in there but i did the best I could. Bosh and Howard will do an incredible job getting PiP, Kirk can hit the 3 and him and Dunleavy are pretty solid defensive guys.

West:

PG: Deron Williams
                            SG: Kobe Bryant
                            SF: Josh Howard
                            PF: Tim Duncan
                            C:Yao Ming

Bench:
                            G: Brandon Roy
                            PF/C: Tyson Chandler
                            SF: Ron Artest

The West is so much more talented, I really struggled picking for them. The East was much easier.

Wouldnt Howard be yoour Center? It woukd make things way better

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                              If I were Phoenix I'd trade #4, Diaw, some cap add in guy, and #29 for Garnett.
                              If I'm the Suns I'd make that trade in a millisecond! Garnett with Nash and Amare along with Marion would be what dreams are made of! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                                If I'm the Suns I'd make that trade in a millisecond! Garnett with Nash and Amare along with Marion would be what dreams are made of! :D
                                They would win the championship without a doubt, usually making a team like this wouldnt work, but garnett would do whatever it took to win, so he wouldnt become a problem( as long as he let others take over in crunch time)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information