• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
    Originally posted by sweetness34
    Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
    We are beating the Hawks by 25 points right now. They didn't score a FG in the 3rd Quarter and had I think 8 points or something like that. :shock:

Sloppy game though.
    Yeah I was watching it, t was close until after halftime.
    No offense to GS because I know the Hawks are his boys, but they are awful. I don't think I've seen more bad shot selection then I saw tonight.

And we didn't even play well until the 2nd Half.
    I dont think they are awful. They are just very young. They are atleast showing improvement year to year. They are just very streaky, I mean you beat Phoenix one game you lose to the Bulls the next. As the core matures the shot selection will also improve. They have probably more potential than any team in the league. They need a true PG to spread the ball around. If you put any of the elite PG's in the league on that team theyd be a playoff team no doubt in my mind.
    Well they looked awful. I thought they made a HUGE mistake by not taking a guy like Foye in this years draft.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Cubs Suck!

Comment

• Ahhhh, it feels good to have Nash back. We're taking of care of business tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
          We are beating the Hawks by 25 points right now. They didn't score a FG in the 3rd Quarter and had I think 8 points or something like that. :shock:

Sloppy game though.
          Yeah I was watching it, t was close until after halftime.
          No offense to GS because I know the Hawks are his boys, but they are awful. I don't think I've seen more bad shot selection then I saw tonight.

And we didn't even play well until the 2nd Half.
          I dont think they are awful. They are just very young. They are atleast showing improvement year to year. They are just very streaky, I mean you beat Phoenix one game you lose to the Bulls the next. As the core matures the shot selection will also improve. They have probably more potential than any team in the league. They need a true PG to spread the ball around. If you put any of the elite PG's in the league on that team theyd be a playoff team no doubt in my mind.
          Well they looked awful. I thought they made a HUGE mistake by not taking a guy like Foye in this years draft.
          Yup not taking Foye or Roy was a mistake but not a huge one. The huge mistake was taking Marvin Williams when they already had Smith Childress over Chris Paul or Deron Williams even.

Could you imagine...

PG Chris Paul
          SG Joe Johnson
          SF Josh Childress
          PF Josh Smith
          C Zaza Pachulia

With Roy, Foye, or possibly even Rudy Gaye coming off the bench.

Comment

• am i the only one not sold on Kevin Durant as the next big thing

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3
              am i the only one not sold on Kevin Durant as the next big thing
              Probably not. But he's the real deal.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
                Originally posted by TH3
                Greg Oden is the next big thing. Kevin Durant = Rashard Lewis if he was better at grabbing boards.

Comment

• Another thing........Wizards beat the T-Wolves tonight. Gilbert had 38 pts and 7 boards, pretty good for a "side show" huh

Comment

Originally posted by TH3
                    Greg Oden is the next big thing. Kevin Durant = Rashard Lewis if he was better at grabbing boards.
                    Kevin Durant = a cross between Garnett and T-Mac IMO. He's got Tracy's athletic ability with KG's size.

Comment

• He's really got T-Mac's athleticism with Rashard's size and drive. If he starts to play with more heart (and consequently, better defense), he can be the next big thing. It's Oden by far right now though IMO, who may seriously consider going back to school anyway.

I don't know if Arenas going for 38 (and 1-8 from three) is so much to brag about against the T-Wolves. Garnett's a stud, but he can't be the one guarding Arenas, and certainly no one else on that team can guard any Guard or Forward on the Wizards. Hell, DeShawn Stevenson was the most productive of the night for Washington.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow
                        He's really got T-Mac's athleticism with Rashard's size and drive. If he starts to play with more heart (and consequently, better defense), he can be the next big thing. It's Oden by far right now though IMO, who may seriously consider going back to school anyway.

I don't know if Arenas going for 38 (and 1-8 from three) is so much to brag about against the T-Wolves. Garnett's a stud, but he can't be the one guarding Arenas, and certainly no one else on that team can guard any Guard or Forward on the Wizards. Hell, DeShawn Stevenson was the most productive of the night for Washington.
                        Scoring 38 and grabbing 7 rebs (for a pg I might add) is always something to brag about not that I was even bragging. I was more so just putting it out there for all the people who were saying Arenas was a novelty act. I do believe the timberwolves are the 8th seed in the west so anytime we beat a playoff caliber team its a good thing. Gilberts shot was off all night but he was driving to the hoop like a champ and since Jamison is out Gilbert is going to have to step up and take even more shots than usual. I mean we are starting Andray Blatche someone who couldnt start on probably any team in the league (But will be a really good player soon hes developing quickly) and we pulled out a win so I am very happy. Deshawn was productive but not hte most productive. Only thing Deshawn did better than Gil last night was he shot a better percentage going 9-11, Gilbert still shot 50% plus got to the line and went 13-15. Other than the off night from deep I dont see what there is to be mad about. Ill take 38 pts 7 Rebs 4 assists 2 steals and a win against a western conference playoff team (as of right now) any day of the week.

Also I dont care what any of the Kevin Durant groupies say Greg Oden is THE prospect of this draft. Any other draft i'd give Durant the nod for clear cut number 1 but Greg Oden is OFFICIAL and will be a difference maker in the league. Kevin Durant does not have KG's body either... Hes built like a thinner Rashard Lewis and he plays the same game Lewis does, stays out on the perimeter jacking up 3's. He needs to develop his inside game better and he needs to put on muscle. Sure he can grab 15 boards in college but once he gets in the NBA with the big boys he will get ate up.

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow
                          He's really got T-Mac's athleticism with Rashard's size and drive. If he starts to play with more heart (and consequently, better defense), he can be the next big thing. It's Oden by far right now though IMO, who may seriously consider going back to school anyway.

Scoring 38 and grabbing 7 rebs (for a pg I might add) is always something to brag about not that I was even bragging. I was more so just putting it out there for all the people who were saying Arenas was a novelty act. I do believe the timberwolves are the 8th seed in the west so anytime we beat a playoff caliber team its a good thing. Gilberts shot was off all night but he was driving to the hoop like a champ and since Jamison is out Gilbert is going to have to step up and take even more shots than usual. I mean we are starting Andray Blatche someone who couldnt start on probably any team in the league (But will be a really good player soon hes developing quickly) and we pulled out a win so I am very happy. Deshawn was productive but not hte most productive. Only thing Deshawn did better than Gil last night was he shot a better percentage going 9-11, Gilbert still shot 50% plus got to the line and went 13-15. Other than the off night from deep I dont see what there is to be mad about. Ill take 38 pts 7 Rebs 4 assists 2 steals and a win against a western conference playoff team (as of right now) any day of the week.

Also I dont care what any of the Kevin Durant groupies say Greg Oden is THE prospect of this draft. Any other draft i'd give Durant the nod for clear cut number 1 but Greg Oden is OFFICIAL and will be a difference maker in the league. Kevin Durant does not have KG's body either... Hes built like a thinner Rashard Lewis and he plays the same game Lewis does, stays out on the perimeter jacking up 3's. He needs to develop his inside game better and he needs to put on muscle. Sure he can grab 15 boards in college but once he gets in the NBA with the big boys he will get ate up.
                          he's 19. of course he isn't the size of KG right now. people are saying that he has the frame of KG.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYmoney
                            Originally posted by thetedginnshow

he's 19. of course he isn't the size of KG right now. people are saying that he has the frame of KG.
                            You mean like people said Darius Miles had KGs frame? Durant is not a PF, hes a SF. If he put on about 40 lbs of muscle he could be an elite PF. But he wont so he will be a SF end of story. Dont like the KG comparison at all.

Comment

• Durant reminds me of Eddie Griffin while he was at Memphis.... before his drug issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                                Durant reminds me of Eddie Griffin while he was at Memphis.... before his drug issues.
                                in response to your sig. Dwight should start putting stickers all over the backboard, every time he dunks. i would like to see that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information