No announcement yet.

Running/Jogging

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha reminds me of something yesterday, I coach youth football as an assistant, and we were running hills and one kid was running down the hill to fast and his body upended his legs and he ended up doing a huge front flip down the hill, he was crying of course, but I was trying not to laugh, wish I could have had it on tape.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
      Haha reminds me of something yesterday, I coach youth football as an assistant, and we were running hills and one kid was running down the hill to fast and his body upended his legs and he ended up doing a huge front flip down the hill, he was crying of course, but I was trying not to laugh, wish I could have had it on tape.
      Yea you definitely have to slow your pace when your going down a hill. I could understand a kid doing it though.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

I would avoid Nike running shoes. Personally I find them too expensive and they don't hold up very well. The only reason I have Nike running shoes is because I live near the outlet store. I've had 2 pairs fall apart on me so far this year and I'll probably need a new pair by october. New Balance makes so awesome running shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
          I prefer running uphill for that very reason. I'm not exactly a mountain goat when it comes to balance so I have to run downhill very carefully, especially since I run a lot of rocky mountain trails.

Comment

I play soccer, so i kind of run a lot anyway. But when we don't have practice or during the offseason i usually run a pretty hard 2-3 miles (~5-6 min pace) then get my heartrate back down and do ~20 yard sprint suicides until i can't breath, then take it easy back to my house or car. It also good to mix in some hills, and if you live close to the beach, run there. A mile in soft sand feels like 5 on pavement, its great!

Also, STRETCH A LOT, at least for a good 20 min before you start. Then get a good warm up....THEN start your run. If your going to let your heart rate rest in the middle (circut training) STRETCH!!! Then have a good 5-10 min cool down and strech somemore.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Ran my first half marathon today finished it in about 2 hours. Im in pain though.
              Originally posted by nvot9
              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information