X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPLUFF
    The Homer pick of the day:

Chauncey Billups.

call me a homer when i say chauncey deserves it but how can you deny it. Perfect example of why chauncey deserves it is the suns game where he put up 35 on nash and brought the stones back from down 17. Lebron should definitly be up there and kobe too but chauncey is leading the best team in the NBA and that says alot.

Comment

I miss Andrew Bynum's myspace.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
      Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Chauncey would be more regarded if the Pistons didn't start losing 'more often'... if we got to 70 wins, I think he'd definately be higher up.

Comment

gotta be Kobe. Kobe has had numberous incredible games this year and have bailed out the Lakers several times this year.

Comment

Anyone see Lebron and the cavs tonight? LBJ's 7th straight game with 36 pts, 8 rbs, and 6 assist.

DOMINATION! beating good teams also.

If they finish the season with 50 wins, I dont see how you cant give it to him. Hes clearly made the Cavs what they are today. Weather or not its equal to the other great players in the NBA I guess well find out.

Comment

D-Wade

Props to Xonraider for the Sig

Comment

LeBron's team has been inconsistent. They're playing great right now, but a small streak isn't going to help him get the MVP. They made the playoffs, whoop-dee-doo (btw, it's in the pathetically weak Eastern Conference). Remember, LeBron was being harshly criticized for about a 10-15 game stretch of allowing his team to lose or stinking it up in the fourth. Doing great for a mere 5-10 games cannot and should not swing the MVP vote in your favor.

My two candidates are Nash or Kobe. Sure, the Suns haven't been as good this year as last year, but what kind of argument is that??? So if Duncan lost Tony Parker and his team didn't do as great, should Duncan be penalized? Hell no! Losing a great player on your team and having a worse record is understandable. Basketball is a team game... Nash has still led his team to the 2nd seed.

Also, Kobe is playing on a worse team than LeBron (the cavs are actually a good team people... ) and still led his team to a western conference playoff birth.

Projected win total: 55+

Comment

kobe i was at his the game when he scored 81 and thats mvp worthy to me
                  i am a lakers fan though... :D

Comment

Do you watch the Lakers? DO you see how often Kobe passes the ball? All the time. Every time a teamate gets theball they'll throw it to a double teamed Kobe instead of taking the open Jumper.
                    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Sean May.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

Originally posted by HawkeyeFan
                        Do you watch the Lakers? DO you see how often Kobe passes the ball? All the time. Every time a teamate gets theball they'll throw it to a double teamed Kobe instead of taking the open Jumper.
                        Not to mention Kobe is a top Defender in the league too.

Comment

I'm gonna go with my fellow Canadian, Steve Nash.

Sig by Raiderfan_89

Comment

My two candidates are Nash or Kobe. Sure, the Suns haven't been as good this year as last year, but what kind of argument is that??? So if Duncan lost Tony Parker and his team didn't do as great, should Duncan be penalized? Hell no! Losing a great player on your team and having a worse record is understandable. Basketball is a team game... Nash has still led his team to the 2nd seed.

Also, Kobe is playing on a worse team than LeBron (the cavs are actually a good team people... ) and still led his team to a western conference playoff birth.
                            So you wont penalize a guy for loosing a player, but you will praise them for not having a good player to help out? Doesnt work like that.

Your reasoning is alittle off, and your opinions seem really bias. Thank god this award is up to knowledgable people to pick.

Otherwise anyone that scores over 30 points on a horrible team would win it.

"Sure the suns havent been good, but what kind of arguement is that?"
                            -well if you lose a key player, and all the sudden your team isnt as good, you start to wonder if Nash is the one responsible for them being great last year.

Comment

This is why Lebron is MVP, just watch this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...lebron&pl=true

funny stuff though.

Comment

This is the easiest question to answer this season. Kobe.

The Lakers with Phil Jackson only could get them about 10 wins this season. Kobe had to carry them the rest of the way. Can anyone else on the Lakers carry this team the way Kobe has?

Imagine the Lakers with Phil Jackson but without Kobe. What do you get - this season's Knicks with Larry Brown.

Disclaimer - I'm not putting all of the blame on LB, most of that deservedly goes to the ownership and management groups of the team. But Larry Brown hasn't really gotten much out of what he has - and that's the responisbility of the coach.
                                http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7367/sf0qg.png

Just catch the ball...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information