Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hall of Fame Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
    As for the new one, Vlad. Not as of right now, but when it's all said and done.
    Yes for sure. Vlad is only 31 (if his b-day is right). He has 360 HRs right now. I think he gets to 500. He will also get to 3,000 hits and has a career average of .325 which is unbelievable.

    Comment


    • #17
      Joba Chamberlain?

      9 G, 11.1 IP, 17K, 0.00 ERA

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
        Joba Chamberlain?

        9 G, 11.1 IP, 17K, 0.00 ERA
        Too good for the hall of fame. I hear he is up for being considered a saint by the vatican though.

        Comment


        • #19
          How about Roberto Alomar? Probably the best 2nd baseman in the game during his time, terrific defensive player, .300 career BA, 474 stolen bases, 12 time all-star, 10 gold gloves...


          Sig by me... Hold the applause.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
            How about Roberto Alomar? Probably the best 2nd baseman in the game during his time, terrific defensive player, .300 career BA, 474 stolen bases, 12 time all-star, 10 gold gloves...
            Haha. Before I got down here, I was thinking about bringing up his name. IMO, especially in comparison to the numbers of the other HOF 2nd basemen, he's a lock.

            How about Edgar Martinez? IMO, the best pure hitter I ever saw. .312 lifetime BA, career .418 OBP, 514 doubles, 2,247 hits, 7 AS games, 5 SS, and a lazy eye. He doesn't have the benchmark HR numbers or with hits, but he also started his career at 27, which makes his numbers fairly ridiculous. The first true DH, which will most likely only hurt him, but in some ways, as the DH only can be relied on for hitting, his position is sometimes harder.
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

            Comment


            • #21
              I say yes for him. Check Ewing's sig...that's pretty damn impressive, and I think he's the best DH ever, at least certainly a top 3.

              Mike Alstott?
              Last edited by nvot9; 09-04-2007, 04:32 PM.
              Glenn Dorsey will slip...

              Jets will not take McFadden...

              Comment


              • #22
                Alstott is a deffinite no, the last FB to be inducted last played 1978

                Larry Centers will be the last true FB to make it


                Mark Grace?

                Comment


                • #23
                  No to Mark Grace, just doesn't have the numbers, he would have needed 3000 hits to get in.


                  Sig by me... Hold the applause.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Ok, how about this one: Paul Pierce?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                      Ok, how about this one: Paul Pierce?
                      No he has never been a top 10 player in the league let alone top 15 for an extended amount of time, his numbers will also go down now because of KG and Ray, i also believe he is now on the downside of his career


                      Heres one:

                      How about Ronde Barber

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        No he has never been a top 10 player in the league let alone top 15 for an extended amount of time, his numbers will also go down now because of KG and Ray, i also believe he is now on the downside of his career


                        Heres one:

                        How about Ronde Barber
                        I think one of him, Rice and Brooks is gonna get left out. Barber is a bit more well known, so I think he and Simeon Rice will get in from that great Tampa D. It's close though, but I think he makes it in.

                        Bartolo Colon?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                          I think one of him, Rice and Brooks is gonna get left out. Barber is a bit more well known, so I think he and Simeon Rice will get in from that great Tampa D. It's close though, but I think he makes it in.

                          Bartolo Colon?
                          Well, I mean brooks would get in before all those guys along with Sapp then the order probably goes,

                          barber and then rice

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            That tampa D had some good players and 5 of them have a shot at getting in the hall of fame.

                            Warren Sapp- Almost a Lock
                            Derrick Brooks- Almost a Lock
                            Ronde Barber- Good shot
                            Simeon Rice- good shot
                            John Lynch- Possible

                            How about Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
                              That tampa D had some good players and 5 of them have a shot at getting in the hall of fame.

                              Warren Sapp- Almost a Lock
                              Derrick Brooks- Almost a Lock
                              Ronde Barber- Good shot
                              Simeon Rice- good shot
                              John Lynch- Possible

                              How about Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas
                              I don't think Ronde Barber has as good a shot as most people think. All his numbers are a product of the Cover 2 defense. in reality he's a slightly above average corner who plays well in the cover 2

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                yeah im not hot on ronde barber being in the hall. he was never a top 3 corner in the league, he was never donimant, he had some good seasons, but wasnt as feared as some other corners are

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information