The Hall of Fame Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DChess View Post
    yeah im not hot on ronde barber being in the hall. he was never a top 3 corner in the league, he was never donimant, he had some good seasons, but wasnt as feared as some other corners are
    Exactly. I think Corner is one of those positions where you really have to stand out because it's so easy for an average CB to put up big numbers in the right scheme. Anyone who doubts me I give you exhibit A:

Deltha O'Neal

Comment

How about Chipper Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        How about Chipper Jones?
        No if it was up to me. In a 13 year career, only a 5 time all star. His splits are impressive, but he doesn't have that wow aura to him. I'm big into that theory. I won't be telling my kids one day how I saw the great Chipper Jones play in his prime.

Comment

Jason Taylor imo is a lock at the hof.
          Originally posted by nvot9
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Absolutely not to whoever asked about Bartolo Colon.

How bout Allan Houston?
            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
              No if it was up to me. In a 13 year career, only a 5 time all star. His splits are impressive, but he doesn't have that wow aura to him. I'm big into that theory. I won't be telling my kids one day how I saw the great Chipper Jones play in his prime.
              Then your kids will be missing out. He's always been a clubhouse leader and a constant on a team that made so many postseason's in a row. If he doesn't get in, it's a bloody shame.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                Then your kids will be missing out. He's always been a clubhouse leader and a constant on a team that made so many postseason's in a row. If he doesn't get in, it's a bloody shame.
                A team that also only won one world series. I didn't know being a clubhouse leader got you into the HOF. I guess Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez are getting in then too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  A team that also only won one world series. I didn't know being a clubhouse leader got you into the HOF. I guess Paul O'Neill and Tino Martinez are getting in then too.
                  They haven't put up near the numbers Chipper has.

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
                    Absolutely not to whoever asked about Bartolo Colon.

How bout Allan Houston?

Not even remotely close...

Jeff Bagwell

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                    Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

Lol I know I just wanted to see if there was a fellow knicks fan on the board.

As far as Bagwell goes, I really wanna say yes, but I'm not sure. I'll say no. He's got great numbers, and an MVP to boot, but it seems that either 500 homers or 3000 hits has become the benchmark for future hall of famers, and he has neither...I will say though, it would not surprise me at all if he was inducted.

How bout John Franco?
                      Last edited by nvot9; 09-05-2007, 08:19 PM.
                      Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information