No announcement yet.

Read any good books lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm, unwillingly, reading the Scarlet Letter.

It sucks. Hard.

Comment

Most have already, or will soon, but In Cold Blood is very good.

Dallas Cowboys/Denver Broncos/Tennessee Volunteer Fan

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post

It sucks. Hard.
        I don't think that makes sense.

However if you get past the forced concept it actually is a decent read.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
          Atlas Shrugged is a philosophical manifesto with a lot of depth and a lot of dry parts. It is masked as a story, but it is hard core philosophy. The Fountainhead is a cool story with love, sex, deception, legal drama, violence, explosions, etc. I only recommend The Fountainhead because it is a good read and easier to comprehend than a lot of her other work.
          I just hate how she makes her characters so plain and hard to relate to. People say that she is great with plotting and story telling but it's hard to place yourself in the story when you can't relate with any of the characters. Atlas Shrugged def. touches on politics and even religion, and is really like you said masked as a story, but it's just to dry for my tastes and i would like to have know her characters better.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post

It sucks. Hard.
            it sucked when i read it for school(partially because i didn't care and barely read it).

but then i went back and re-read it for the final, and liked it. a lot.
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
              I just hate how she makes her characters so plain and hard to relate to. People say that she is great with plotting and story telling but it's hard to place yourself in the story when you can't relate with any of the characters. Atlas Shrugged def. touches on politics and even religion, and is really like you said masked as a story, but it's just to dry for my tastes and i would like to have know her characters better.
              You have to give The Fountainhead a try, then. Much better story, about 300 pages shorter, and much better with character development. I found Atlas Shrugged dry and difficult to read, but I've read The Fountainhead dozens of times, and it's still awesome.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Just finished up the asian saga by Clavell, great set of books, but LONG.

Also I'm reading Clive Cussler's latest Dirk Pitt novel, always a fun read.

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                  Just finished up the asian saga by Clavell, great set of books, but LONG.

Also I'm reading Clive Cussler's latest Dirk Pitt novel, always a fun read.
                  I love Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt books. My dad has all of them. I've read a few of them. I particularly liked Shockwave

Comment

had to read Life of Pi for school... really enjoyed

Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

INCREDIBLE, the plot twists make it a real page-turner.

EDIT: How come my IMG tags don't work?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        Im reading "Blood Makes the grass Grow Green" by Johnny Rico. It's a memoir of a guy who dropped everything to join the Army and go to Afghanistan after 9/11. Great book
                        I read that, it was pretty touching.

Comment

even though it's considered a a children's-young adult's book, The Giver is still my favorite and I think it deals with some pretty heavy themes that would be overlooked by younger children. I have read it several times beginning when i was about 10 and just finished it again a couple months ago and it gets better everytime and I catch new things, I'm 22 now by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                            even though it's considered a a children's-young adult's book, The Giver is still my favorite and I think it deals with some pretty heavy themes that would be overlooked by younger children. I have read it several times beginning when i was about 10 and just finished it again a couple months ago and it gets better everytime and I catch new things, I'm 22 now by the way.
                            Amazing book. Still the best book I ever had to read for school

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                              Amazing book. Still the best book I ever had to read for school
                              never read it. I had to read 1984 for school... I loved that book.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

1984 is definitely a top 5 book for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information