Read any good books lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
    Messenger by Lois Lowry is pretty much the sequel to The Giver, it takes place 7 years after the orginal events and includes the baby, Jonas and Gabriel. Also there are some references to The Giver in Gathering Blue, also by Lowry. Both books are similar and are very good as well.
    hmmm never read that one, gotta get on that, thanks
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I have a summer reading project due tommorow, and no I havent read any books lately.

Comment

what are your choices??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
          I have a summer reading project due tommorow, and no I havent read any books lately.
          Well you seemed to have completely ****** yourself then

Comment

Originally posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
            Seriously the fact that you don't even try to make yourself more intelligent especially if you're in High School or College is a sad, sad thing.
            Because reading a book is the only way to make yourself more intelligent? :/

I'm reading The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue. It's a relatively easy read so far, not really interesting to me though.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

Read the Bourne Identity if you haven't. And if you love it, read the Bourne Supremacy, the Bourne Ultimatum and The Bourne Legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                Read the Bourne Identity if you haven't. And if you love it, read the Bourne Supremacy, the Bourne Ultimatum and The Bourne Legacy.
                i've heard those are really good books.

anybody ever read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson??

P.S. Buck, you suck for picking the steelers for 12th in the power rankings.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

No, DG it's not but when you say thing like that it makes it seem like you put in no effort.

Comment

I generally try to read non-fiction books, biographies and memoirs in particular because I like reading about interesting people

Comment

The Creature From Jekyll Island by G Edward Griffin is a good book.A bit hard to understand at some points but very well written.If I were to rank it from 1-10 Id give it an 11.
                      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

For school, I have to read Bridges at Toko-Ri, and Forbidden City.

The Bridges at Toko-Ri is a very good book. I'm about half-way done with Forbidden City, and it is also good.

Forbidden City: From School Library Journal
                        Grade 6-12-- Alex, 17-year-old war aficionado and son of a Canadian cameraman, accompanies his father to China and becomes enmeshed in the Tiananmen incident of 1989. He gets separated from his father, is befriended by some students, witnesses a good deal of the massacre, and is finally smuggled out by a student who pays for his liberation with her life. This is a blood-and-thunder story, and Bell tells it with gusto. Incidents are piled on one another, background descriptions are very convincing, and at times readers will almost feel they are there. All this amounts to an incredibly compelling novel. Curiously, when the protagonist is not in China, he becomes somewhat one-dimensional. The beginning is a tad contrived to lead to the real meat of the novel, and the ending is pat beyond common decency (in a grand, melodramatic scene, Alex destroys all his war toys back in comfy surburban Toronto). Yet the preponderant part of this novel is marvelously realized, partially from the immediacy of using first-person narration, partially from telling vignettes that really bring the time, place, and situation to life in a most memorable way. There is also a certain ring of truth about some elements of the story that resonates long after putting this novel down. In spite of the flaws, this is an excellent tale, well told, and a historical novel of note. --John Philbrook, San Francisco Public Library
                        Copyright 1991 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

Last edited by Bills2083; 09-04-2007, 08:26 PM.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

a short account of the destruction of the indies

read for my history class

it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be; its a true account of basically how the spanish came and destroyed all the indians; graphic for its time (late 1500s)

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Star Craft: Speed Of Darkness

i know it sounds geeky but it was actaully a really good read i found... its a short book only 250 pages so its a day thing but still worth the time.. the other ones blow though dont go near em
                            Last edited by HoopsDemon12; 09-04-2007, 08:57 PM.

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

250 in a day? geez I think I actually do have ADD.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                                what are your choices??
                                not sure, Ill probably find out tomorrow. Ill let you know then.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information