No announcement yet.

Read any good books lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently reading the entire literary works of Edgar Allan Poe, it's a lot of awesome short stories and poems written by Poe but also includes some of his essays he wrote which are also very good. To be more specific I'm reading the Fall of the House of Usher and will be getting into William Wilson soon, the only story by Poe I haven't previously read.

Comment

Read the Harry Potter series, Lord of the Flies, Travels with Charley by Steinbeck, Invisible Man by Ellison, and Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card.

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
        250 in a day? geez I think I actually do have ADD.
        Im a realyl fast reader... my dad is an english teacher... so i was reading and understanding books like animal farm in grade 4 and 5

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
          Im a realyl fast reader... my dad is an english teacher... so i was reading and understanding books like animal farm in grade 4 and 5
          hahaa i read Animal Farm in english this year, man i hate english.

Comment

I read 3 books this year. One includes Animal Farm. What is it about? Other than the obvious title...

Comment

it's about communism

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

hey vls, long time no see.

Comment

Just read "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel García Márquez. Really good, but tough to get through

Comment

The only book i've read in a while is the new Harry Potter book.

It was magical. (Pun intended)

stephenson86

Comment

i just finished an amazing book called A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah. It's his true story of growing up in Sierra Leone and becoming a child soldier. Very easy to read and very disturbing.

Another book i just started to read but am in love with is called Into the Wild which they are actually making into a movie and it comes out later this month. Its about a young man who graduates from college, gives his life savings to charity, leaves all his possessions, and hitchhikes across the country to Alaska.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Harry Potter and Eragon fo sho i really did read those but anyways for a class im having to read the books: Bell Canto, Cry of the Beloved Countrty and Kiterunner. Do you guys know anything about those books?

Comment

Man I should read more books but I just can't get into them, I'd rather waste my time here lol. I was supposed to read Beowulf and Canterbury Tales so far for my English class but cliff notes just sounded better lol.

For freshman year of college I had to read about the life story of a holocaust survivor, it was VERY interesting... I didn't mind reading it.

I also had to read a 700 page book called The Frontiersman about pioneers in Kentucky, it was based on the pioneer who my HS was named after. I gotta say it was pretty sweet reading about all the Indian torture techniques. They would pull out peoples intestines and wrap them around a tree while they were still alive, shoot gun powder at naked guys sacks then of course scalping.

Comment

If you're a Palahniuk fan, go out and read Rant. I just did and it's another good one. It's not as good as Lullaby or Survivor, but it's still better than most of the crap out there.

Comment

I am currently reading the label on my Blue Moon and you'd be surprised to find out that "According to the surgeon general, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects"

Edit:This is my 6th Blue Moon

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                                I am currently reading the label on my Blue Moon and you'd be surprised to find out that "According to the surgeon general, women should not drink alcoholic beverages during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects"

Edit:This is my 6th Blue Moon
                                Well according to Yoohoo this isn't milk it's a chocolate drink...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information