No announcement yet.

Read any good books lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love all Palahniuk books, and if you like those you will probabally like Hubert Selby Jr. He wrote Requiem for a Dream. The last two books i read where The Wu Manual written by the RZA, very interesting probabally not what people expect, and Cane Mutiny by ESPN columnist Bruce Feldman, very entertaining read about the history of UMiami football. He also has book coming out soon about recruiting in college football should be good.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
      Read the Bourne Identity if you haven't. And if you love it, read the Bourne Supremacy, the Bourne Ultimatum and The Bourne Legacy.
      I'd steer clear of the Legacy if you ask me, it's not as good as the main 3 IMO. They are all great though.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

I highly recommend The Motel Life by Willy Vlautin (Yeah, the guy from Richmond Fontaine)

But this past summer, I read a new favorite in I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max. It was hysterical, piss your pants type of humor. I was so infatuated by it I've made it my amateur book-to-movie project

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I think its about time for me to read The Foundation series again, best sci-fi series ever written IMO.

If anyone else knows of a similar series, please do tell

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
            I'd steer clear of the Legacy if you ask me, it's not as good as the main 3 IMO. They are all great though.
            It's worth reading it just for what happens in the beginning though.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              what are your choices??
              Secret life of Bees by Monk Kidd
              My sisters keeper by Jodi Piccoult
              1776 by David Mcullough
              Decpetion Point by Dan Brown
              Whale Talk by Chris Cutcher

Anyone read any of these? Which one is the best?

Comment

1776 is good if you like history. can get kind of boring but im a history major and i enjoyed it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

i would do My Sisters Keeper or Deception Point. Although I have a roomate that says Secret Life of Bees is good. haha sorry, that wasn't much help. Just read the shortest one since you have to do it by tomorrow morning.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                    Secret life of Bees by Monk Kidd
                    My sisters keeper by Jodi Piccoult
                    1776 by David Mcullough
                    Decpetion Point by Dan Brown
                    Whale Talk by Chris Cutcher

Anyone read any of these? Which one is the best?
                    Deception Point is pretty good, although not up to par with Brown's other books. I've read a book by Chris Crutcher that was pretty good too, but not Whale Talk. I think it's short though.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                      i would do My Sisters Keeper or Deception Point. Although I have a roomate that says Secret Life of Bees is good. haha sorry, that wasn't much help. Just read the shortest one since you have to do it by tomorrow morning.
                      lol yeah, teach gave us a couple more weeks since noone did it. Shes hot as balls too.

Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                      I've read a book by Chris Crutcher that was pretty good too, but not Whale Talk. I think it's short though.
                      Yeah thats what everyones reading, becuase its short.

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                        1776 is good if you like history. can get kind of boring but im a history major and i enjoyed it.
                        isnt 1776 also ridiculously long?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Do graphic novels count? Because I'm reading Alan Moore's "From Hell."

And seeing as how a lot of us were 11-12 when this book came out, "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" is really really good.

And this guy named Vonnegut, he wrote some books. You should check them out.

Originally posted by snuff
                          Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Creek View Post
                            Do graphic novels count? Because I'm reading Alan Moore's "From Hell."

And seeing as how a lot of us were 11-12 when this book came out, "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" is really really good.

And this guy named Vonnegut, he wrote some books. You should check them out.
                            I own Cats Cradle.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                              I own Cats Cradle.
                              Cool. That's my favorite one, and I believe the one Vonnegut thought was his best. I own like 10-11 of his books, they're all great.

Originally posted by snuff
                              Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

Comment

i'm all about bukowski this month.
                                that and devouring only revolutions by danielwikisi for the second time.
                                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information