No announcement yet.

Read any good books lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ever read anything by Christopher Moore? The guy writes a lot of humorous books dealing with the supernatural. My brother is reading one of his books, cant remember the title, about a guy who has been chosen to be the next Death and how it's affecting his love life

Comment

• Never read the Golden Compass and the subsequent two books that follow. They suck, fyi.

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
        also, the fact that dan brown was even mentioned in a good books thread is seriously depressing and a sad statement on the imagination/literacy of people. dan brown is a terrible author and absolutely nothing he's ever written in his life could even remotely be called "mediocre".
        I second that opinion. He dumbs down his books by making three page chapters where he decides to switch narration and cliff hang the audience every 3 pages.

I finished reading the unabridged version of The Count of Monte Cristo this summer. It was actually pretty good... Also, 1300 pages. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• The best book I've read in a while. Touching, funny, and wholly believable. Highly highly recommended.

Not many books make laugh out loud. This book made me do it almost every chapter.

Comment

• Im starting Kite Runner for school, then my class is going to see the movie.

I haven't read it yet (I don't know why, it's been a bestseller for months) but the first two chapters were good.

After that, I plan to read Anthony Kiedis's autobiography.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              Im starting Kite Runner for school, then my class is going to see the movie.

I haven't read it yet (I don't know why, it's been a bestseller for months) but the first two chapters were good.

After that, I plan to read Anthony Kiedis's autobiography.
              Scar Tissue? I've seen that at the store a few times and have been tempted to buy it. I am a huge RHCP fan and I am sure there are some stories to be told about that band, between Hillel dying and the riff between Fru and Anthony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                Scar Tissue? I've seen that at the store a few times and have been tempted to buy it. I am a huge RHCP fan and I am sure there are some stories to be told about that band, between Hillel dying and the riff between Fru and Anthony.
                Yeah Scar Tissue.

You and me both know that there should be a Bradley Nowell bio out in stores CCB.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                  Yeah Scar Tissue.

You and me both know that there should be a Bradley Nowell bio out in stores CCB.
                  Of course, I mean Kurt Cobain has like 30 of them. I have the sublime behind the music dl-ed on my computer, that may be the closest thing to a Nowell biography. Even though its not a book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                    Of course, I mean Kurt Cobain has like 30 of them. I have the sublime behind the music dl-ed on my computer, that may be the closest thing to a Nowell biography. Even though its not a book.
                    i haven't been able to buy any of the DVDs.

Being original Sublime fans in a digital age is tough seeing freshman in my HS wearing 40 oz to freedom shirts and not knowing who the **** Sublime is. Ive been listening to them since the 3rd grade.

Comment

• I just got meat market, by espn writer bruce feldman, its about being in the war room during recruiting for college football, i think most people on the board would enjoy it. Im only 30 or so pages in and his writing style is easy and flows real well, he also wrote cane mutiny about UMiami football which i also recommend

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

• Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                        I just got meat market, by espn writer bruce feldman, its about being in the war room during recruiting for college football, i think most people on the board would enjoy it. Im only 30 or so pages in and his writing style is easy and flows real well, he also wrote cane mutiny about UMiami football which i also recommend
                        I saw that at Borders yesterday and flipped through a couple of pages. If it were about a program bigger than Ole Miss I might be more interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
                          I saw that at Borders yesterday and flipped through a couple of pages. If it were about a program bigger than Ole Miss I might be more interested.
                          Thats what i thought but with Ed Orgeron as there coach, they are beginning to bring in better recruits. Also it talks about some of the problems Ole Miss has being the bottom feeder. Dont forget Orgeron was recruiting coordinator for USC and D Line coach for UMiami so there are a lot of good stories about recruiting Dan Cody, Mike Patterson, Reggie Bush, Mike Williams, Matt Leinart etc. For example when at UMiami he challenged Warren Sapp to a fight, and i thnk he left UMiami bc he got arrested in a bar fight. But overall Orgeron's character and the struggles of a lower level SEC school are what make the book so far.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

• I just got Meat Market, and I could not recommend it anymore. Just an easy to read and enjoyable writing style, and just so interesting. If you're even just a bit interested into recruiting, I suggest you pick it up. I also picked up, The Draft: A Year Inside the NFL's Search for Talent. It also comes with a high recommendation from me.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Is The Draft written by a player, GM/Coach, or outsider?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                                Is The Draft written by a player, GM/Coach, or outsider?
                                An outsider, Pete Williams.

http://www.petewilliams.net/

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information