No announcement yet.

Read any good books lately?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished Sphere by Michael Crichton.

If anyone hasn't read some of his work, I encourage that you do. Except you shouldn't read "Next". That one sucked.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. On The Road. The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Hell's Angels. The Curse of Lono. Kingdom of Fear. The Rum Diaries. Those are some some suggestions. The last five are written by Hunter S Thompson. (my personal favorite author). Cuckoo's Nest the book is one of the best books I've ever read. It goes so much deeper than the movie. On The Road is just a classic. The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test is a good book if you like Cuckoo's Nest because it goes into the man behind Cuckoo's nest.
      Last edited by Hurricane Ditka; 10-10-2007, 03:46 PM.

sig by VLS
      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
      I don't care...

Comment

• I am currently reading:

It is a bit desperate Housewiveish but it keeps me coming back for more. Its by the same guy who wrote "Election" (which was made into a movie starring Matthew Broderick)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
          One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. On The Road. The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Hell's Angels. The Curse of Lono. Kingdom of Fear. The Rum Diaries.
          Ah another big HST fan, You should check out:

All stories about Hunter told by Ralph Steadman ( Illustrator of Fear and Loathing and long time friend of Hunter.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post

Not many books make laugh out loud. This book made me do it almost every chapter.
            love that book

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
              Ah another big HST fan, You should check out:

All stories about Hunter told by Ralph Steadman ( Illustrator of Fear and Loathing and long time friend of Hunter.)
              Steadman's a pretty good artist himself. I added a little more to my original post. If you like Hunter's stuff, I highly reccomend Acid Test and Cuckoo's Nest.

sig by VLS
              I don't care...

Comment

• Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Read this book and the subsequent trilogy for a children's lit class... DON'T READ IT!!!! I thought it sucked, but I felt like I should finish it cause I was bored.

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

• The GM is supposed to be really good. I might pick it up even though I usually don't like those type of books

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
                      Steadman's a pretty good artist himself. I added a little more to my original post. If you like Hunter's stuff, I highly reccomend Acid Test and Cuckoo's Nest.
                      I don't know, Kesey's and Wolfe's books are a lot more heavy handed than Thompson's. In the end, Kesey was a fiction writer, Wolfe was a political writer, and Thompson was a journalist.

Not to say I don't love Cuckoo's Nest, but I couldn't make it through Acid Test.

Comment

• I'm a real nerd when it comes to reading. I read so much. Anyway, right now I just finished Operation Solo: The FBIs man in Krimlin. I'm about to start Water for Elephants.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• #MoncriefArmy

Comment

• I like Chomsky but the only problem I see with him is that he is very anti-zionist. Or at least he seems that way.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
                              Chomsky is awesome

finished this one not too long ago

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                                I don't know, Kesey's and Wolfe's books are a lot more heavy handed than Thompson's. In the end, Kesey was a fiction writer, Wolfe was a political writer, and Thompson was a journalist.

Not to say I don't love Cuckoo's Nest, but I couldn't make it through Acid Test.
                                Thompson was a gonzo journalist, he wasn't a pure journalist. He creatively presented non-fiction. I think that Cuckoo's Nest echos some of the same themes that are prominent in Fear and Loathing.

sig by VLS
                                I don't care...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information