Doubt Shakespeare?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubt Shakespeare?

Now whenever learning about Shakespeare i must say i'm never too excited because his writing and poetry is somewhat difficult to understand, yet i do find his works very interesting and i definitely respect him.

I find this very interesting...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070908/...espeare_debate

Some of Britain's most distinguished Shakespearean actors have reopened the debate over whether William Shakespeare, a 16th century commoner raised in an illiterate household in Stratford-upon-Avon, wrote the plays that bear his name.
    The declaration names 20 prominent doubters of the past, including Mark Twain, Orson Welles, Sir John Gielgud and Charlie Chaplin.
    It argues there are few connections between Shakespeare's life and his alleged works, but they do show a strong familiarity with the lives of the upper classes and a confident grasp of obscure details from places like Italy.
    http://www.doubtaboutwill.org/
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

I doubt it. Oh well, i guess it doesnt really matter anyway.
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
      I doubt it. Oh well, i guess it doesnt really matter anyway.
      i guess but idk it'd be weird if one of the most recognized/best authors of all time, arguably the best, turned out to be a scam
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
        i guess but idk it'd be weird if one of the most recognized/best authors of all time, arguably the best, turned out to be a scam
        yeah thats true, and that would ruin all english teachers lifes too.
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Shakespere was a plageriser, I wrote all of his ****, asshole claimed my work as his.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
            Shakespere was a plageriser, I wrote all of his ****, asshole claimed my work as his.
            .....that....bastard.....

Comment

someone still wrote it, whether his name was shakespeare or not. he wrote amazing stuff.
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Mike Lupica> Shakespeare

Paul

New York Giants
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                UConn Basketball
                Virginia Tech Football
                UConn Football

Comment

of course someone can't just write awesome plays with imagination. This is stupid.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

in euro history the teacher brought it up today and no one knew what he was talking about except for me! i felt so smart... thanks internet!

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                      i find this "debate" entertaining from an english major's perspective. i mean, who cares? whoever wrote it all is dead, unlikely to sue for royalties and realistically irrelevant.

http://www.noendpress.com/adarrah/sweet_swan_avon.php

is a somewhat more entertaining but equally irrelevant "who really wrote shakespeare" argument.

one would imagine that, at some point, they'd just apply occam's razor.
                      i know.

but seriously. do english majors understand occam's razor? wait. how many average americans (and canadians, and australians and the few european folk we have on the board) know what occam's razor is?

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                        i know.

but seriously. do english majors understand occam's razor? wait. how many average americans (and canadians, and australians and the few european folk we have on the board) know what occam's razor is?

I for one, dont have the slightest idea.

Comment

exactly...

Comment

Are you going to tell me?

Comment

It pretty much regards disregarding as many assumptions as possible and regarding the simplest assumption as the one that is most correct.

Or something along those lines if I'm correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information