Chad Johnson Will Do The Lambeau Leap Into The Dawg Pound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Johnson Will Do The Lambeau Leap Into The Dawg Pound

This is crazy I saw it on Total Access yesterday and I want your opinions....hes gonna get ripped apart I know if he did it in my stadium and I happened to be in the seats he did it at I would steal him....

CINCINNATI - Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson is a trusting soul.

At least when it comes to the fans of Cleveland Browns Stadium and the end zone better known as "The Dawg Pound."

Johnson said on Wednesday that if he scores a touchdown against the Browns Sunday in Cleveland he plans on jumping into the Dawg Pound, a la the "Lambeau Leap" tradition in Green Bay.

Johnson was talking to reporters about how much he enjoys playing in the atmosphere of Cleveland's stadium when he decided upon this week's would-be scoring celebration.

The only question would be whether or not Johnson makes it back to the field from enemy territory.

"If I don't, maybe T.J. (Houshmandzadeh) better come get me or something. It'll be fun, man. I love the Dawg Pound," said Johnson. "I talked to a gentleman - I'm not sure what his name is - but he's sat there every year since my rookie year.

"Before every game, I go up to him and talk to him. A heavy-set guy who wears a mask. I talk to him all the time every year. I told him I'm going to jump in there. So I don't know. If I see him again, I'm going to let him know: I'm going to jump in here.

"If y'all beat up on me, don't hit me too hard."

One person who won't be going in to get Johnson is Carson Palmer.

"I hope he doesn't do it because there are some crazy fans," said the Bengals quarterback.

"They might tear Chad apart. So I hope he makes it back in one piece."

Johnson scored his first touchdown of the season Monday night on a 39-yard pass from Palmer in the first quarter of the 27-20 win over Baltimore.

Upon returning to the sideline Johnson put on a large gold Hall of Fame blazer, with the help of Houshmandzadeh, with lettering on the back that read: "FUTURE H.O.F. 20??"

Johnson took some criticism for the celebration.

He took that criticism in stride.

"You're always going to have haters. You're always going to have critics," said Johnson. "I like the critics. Those are the people that continue to have me doing the things that I do. For those who take what I did Monday as a joke: It's not funny. There's truth to it.

"Every time I say something, I do it. I've done something. All I was doing was letting you know I will be there at some point in 2000-something. I just don't know when. Laugh about it, but I'm dead serious."
    from...http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2007/se...ts-dawg-pound/

• brat316
    replied
    Yeah that game was all D, if Chad Johnson had 200 yrds rushing that would be amazing

Leave a comment:

replied
    Good job to see another shootout between these two teams, I remember the one a few years ago and I was greatly entertained.

But, if someone tried to leap into the blackhole, they would come out with a lacerated throat.

Leave a comment:

• BrownsTown
    replied
    Originally posted by NittanyLion2k7 View Post
    I'm inclined to say the Bengals are worst. When you give up a 61 yard to Jamal Lewis... your defense is terrible.
    Lewis has some pretty good speed dude.

Leave a comment:

• NittanyLion2k7
    replied
    I'm inclined to say the Bengals are worst. When you give up a 61 yard to Jamal Lewis... your defense is terrible.

Leave a comment:

• RyanLeaf#1
    replied
    Originally posted by Boston View Post
    Maybe a middle school level defense?
    The Browns will take someone doing a Lambeau Leap at their stadium every game if they end up with the win at the end of the day. And are you trying to say that the Browns defense is above middle school? I dont think so. They are both on the same level.

Leave a comment:

• Boston
    replied
    Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
    Obviously not that.
    Maybe a middle school level defense?

Leave a comment:

• RyanLeaf#1
    replied
    Chad Johnson, with 200+ yards and 2 touchdown grabs lost the game? I'd like to know what would win the game.
    Obviously not that.

Leave a comment:

• Man_Of_Steel
    replied
    Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
    I thought that the fans would be a little more harsh than that...
    They were like soft teddy bears. Kindred spirits in the dawg pound.

Leave a comment:

• BrownsTown
    replied
    Chad Johnson, with 200+ yards and 2 touchdown grabs lost the game? I'd like to know what would win the game.
    200+ yards rushing and a TD.

Leave a comment:

• Boston
    replied
    Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
    And he lost the game which makes it even better.

Leave a comment:

• RyanLeaf#1
    replied
    Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
    Got flipped off a bunch, pushed back down and got beer poured on him. Pretty much what expected.
    And he lost the game which makes it even better.

Leave a comment:

• BrownsTown
    replied
    Got flipped off a bunch, pushed back down and got beer poured on him. Pretty much what expected.

Leave a comment:

• Bills2083
    replied
    I thought that the fans would be a little more harsh than that...

Leave a comment:

• Wootylicous
    replied
    http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0020397

See the can't miss play

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information