Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
    Throw lots of nades!

Crouch so nobody can see you on the radar.

Get to know the maps and weapon locations.

Talk to your team. Stick together.

Aim for the head with the BR.
    What button is crouch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
      Any tips for this game because I suck.

I swear I'll shoot a guy ten times online but I NEVER win those one-on-one shootouts...
      HAHA... sounds like me everytime...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
        Any tips for this game because I suck.

I swear I'll shoot a guy ten times online but I NEVER win those one-on-one shootouts...
        Its been a couple of weeks since I've played (October 11th was the day my 360 died) so I assume everyone on the whole has gotten better and probably already know this stuff or knows its wrong. I miss my X-Box 360. :(

Its been my experience that in open terrain, the needler might as well be a power weapon. Oddly enough, I find with the needler that it is just as easy to kill someone with an overshield as it is with no shield. Is that just my imagination or has anyone else noticed this?

Having a problem with one on one shootouts? If your problem is shooting a guy ten times on-line and they just don't die? Try the rocket launcher. If you hit someone with it ten times, I garuntee they'll be dead. Probably ten times over. :)

And yes, throw lots of nades. Frags in very open terrain, spikers in claustrophobialand (bunkers, under snowbound, etc).

When the game first came out, I was able to compare weapons with the help of someone else. I found that a single spiker is stronger than the assault rifle from close range.

When they say invisibility, they aren't kidding. I don't know if this is different on HDTV, but holy ****, they really amped up the invisibility from Halo 2. I recorded a game where I won a slayer game with a final sniper shot to someone's head. I recorded the game and looked through his P.O.V. I paused the recording, went into free roam and started moving closer to myself. I couldn't see myself while cloaked until I was about 3 feet away from myself. 9 times out of 10, when I'm invisible, I could walk right up to people point blank and wouldn't even get shot at.

Don't misunderestimate the mauler. 1 close range hit + quick melee = Dead opponent + corpse flying through the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          What button is crouch?
          Click the left control stick.

Comment

• what is your guys gamertags i will play you sometime online.

Comment

• crites09 = me

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Maybe its because of my crap connection but I never go for the beat down anymore. It seems people have become so reliant on it that if you don't let them get close enough they don't know how to finish the kill. A lot of the time I just keep plugging away with the AR or BR and reload if I have to, but I can usually get the kill by the end of 1 AR clip.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                  Maybe its because of my crap connection but I never go for the beat down anymore. It seems people have become so reliant on it that if you don't let them get close enough they don't know how to finish the kill. A lot of the time I just keep plugging away with the AR or BR and reload if I have to, but I can usually get the kill by the end of 1 AR clip.
                  In a 1 on 1 confrontation, I often find if both I and an opponent run out of ammo before one of us is dead, I usually win. This is because instead of reloading my weapon, I simply switch to the other weapon I had, kill my opponent and then reload both.

Comment

• Originally posted by critesy View Post
                    crites09 = me
                    When are we gonna play critesy?

Follow Me on Twitter!
                    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• I know all of you have been on the edge of your seats, so I will inform you my Xbox has returned! I'll see if I can get live working tommorow or tonight if I can so I may properly own you all.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                        I know all of you have been on the edge of your seats, so I will inform you my Xbox has returned! I'll see if I can get live working tommorow or tonight if I can so I may properly own you all.
                        We shall play. Add me as a friend.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

• Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                          We shall play. Add me as a friend.
                          I don't have it up yet. I'll have to find the thing to put on the back of the Xbox that allows you to play on live (or worst case I need to hook it up straight to the router). I'll probably get to that in like an hour after I eat dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            Its been my experience that in open terrain, the needler might as well be a power weapon. Oddly enough, I find with the needler that it is just as easy to kill someone with an overshield as it is with no shield. Is that just my imagination or has anyone else noticed this?
                            Overshield is basically useless now. It is sooo much weaker than Halo 1 and 2. It used to be that Overshield and Invisibility were comparable power-ups, but definitely not now. Overshield isn't even taken half the time. The only time I go for if it just happens to be on the way to where I'm going. Invisibility respawns create a mini-war to get to it sometimes.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

• FINALLY, I FINALLY GOT MY 360 BACK!!!!!!!!

And I got a lesson on how important it is to have a good team. I have a screenshot of three people in a BTB game standing in the elephant who aren't even playing. Stuff like this is a big reason why I've played probably less than 50 ranked team games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cunit2k7 View Post
                                what is your guys gamertags i will play you sometime online.
                                mine is Shuttlesworth15 come fight me noobs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information