Pray for my friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pray for my friend

Sunday Morning(3 am) my friend Jamal Malone was put in intensive care in a coma after having 2 surgeries on his head to reduce swelling(and as of now, has the back of his skull removed and on ice or something like ice, to keep it from swelling). The story of how it happened is blurred, but from what i know it went like this. There were 4 samoans(who quit our team) and 4 guys on our team, well one of the samoans what beating up Jamals good friend(named Pada) and so when he was running over to help, the samoan turned around and landed a big one, jamals head hit the ground hard and bounced high off the ground. They have 3 guys in custody and we dont know if there was ever a 4th guy, but right now hes in a coma, i dont know if he'll ever be the same

please just keep this thread positive, and just pray for him

I'll keep him in my thoughts...!

Keep us updated!!
    Last edited by Notredameleo; 09-24-2007, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Hope everything goes alright.
      Originally posted by nvot9
      I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
      Indianapolis Colts 13-3
      Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
      Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
      Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Praying implies religion. I am offended.

Comment

I'll tell you right now, his chances are slim.

My sister at an aneurysm rupture, had to have brain surgury, then went through the whole swelling, erratic brain pressures, removed parts of skull ordeal. She died 2 weeks after surgury and was only 20.

So yeah, similar, yet different situations. If he his heart/lungs/liver are ok then his chance greatly improve. But normally with serious head trauma like that, those organs get heavily damaged. That is what did my sister in.

Good luck bro.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
            Praying implies religion. I am offended.
            you're going to hell, god watches everything.

sorry to hear abt your friend, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy G View Post
              I'll tell you right now, his chances are slim.

My sister at an aneurysm rupture, had to have brain surgury, then went through the whole swelling, erratic brain pressures, removed parts of skull ordeal. She died 2 weeks after surgury and was only 20.

So yeah, similar, yet different situations. If he his heart/lungs/liver are ok then his chance greatly improve. But normally with serious head trauma like that, those organs get heavily damaged. That is what did my sister in.

Good luck bro.
              i would fear that, i try to not be positive, although i want to, cause if something like that happens, i wont be as crushed. Theres a website for him, but since i suck at remembering, all i remember is that its.org/jamalmalone(or something like that) i told them to call me/email me if something happens, plus ill go back over there tomorrow, just cause its me.

Comment

good luck to his family and his friends, including yourself. i'll pray for him, and hope for the best. please keep us updated on him and what happens with the guys who hit him
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

My friend got in a nasty motobike accident about 7-8 years ago and was in a coma for over a month. Not exactly the same incident but he did end up alright. Sadly it took him about 4 years to sort of get back to normal and attend regular schools again & he is a bit slower but all in all turned out not so bad. I hope your buddy ends up coming out of this alive and without too much damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Nerv View Post
                    My friend got in a nasty motobike accident about 7-8 years ago and was in a coma for over a month. Not exactly the same incident but he did end up alright. Sadly it took him about 4 years to sort of get back to normal and attend regular schools again & he is a bit slower but all in all turned out not so bad. I hope your buddy ends up coming out of this alive and without too much damage.
                    Same thing happened to my cousin, except he was driving a truck. He was in a coma for a long time, and had to relearn almost everything he learned.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Same kinda thing happened to a friend of mine that graduated this year. He was fooling around on a motorcycle with no experience and no helmet. It happened around June, and he's able to walk around and talk now. However, he was planing to go to college and play football, but all that's out the window now.

I'll be praying for your friend, man.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

With the technology today your friend can survive this.

Comment

I will pray for him for sure may GOD bless him.

Comment

Done. Also I put in a prayer request at my parrish for him.

Comment

Sending out my prayers for him. Make sure you keep us updated.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information