No announcement yet.

***new Official Boxing Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander Povetkin is another exciting young HW with great power.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      Alexander Povetkin is another exciting young HW with great power.
      He's got the next crack at Wlad too...I like Povetkin, but can see him pulling the upset there, dont see him being fast enough to get inside and use his power.

As for the Cotto fight, I am biased and I know it. I do pick Cotto to win tho. I think the combination of his footwork and jab will be key to his victory in this fight. I will post a big analysis later, but I see those as being the key. Margarito's best shot imo is to use his uppercut, which he has been doing more often. I love Cotto, and his defense is actually borderline elite now imo, but one punch he is ALWAYS open for is the UC. I think Cotto's chin is fine, but a solid uppercut from a guy like Marg will hurt anyone.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Oh, another question to maybe spark some debate. Who do u see going forward in the Cotto fight? I know my answer, but I want to see what everyone else thinks.

Comment

• Margarito will be the one coming forward, but Cotto should win easily. Margarito is not that good and he will fight foolishly (just with his heart) while Cotto will fight with his heart and his brain. Just like in the Paul Williams fight, Margarito will lose and then all his fans will make excuses as to why he lost. Then everyone will say Cotto fears Margarito and is scared of a rematch. Bob Arum has everybody brainwashed with Margarito for some reason. He's tough, but tough doesn't mean good. He wouldn't be an easy fight for anybody but that doesn't mean that actually BEAT anybody of note. Cotto is the better fighter and it'll show on the 26th. Hopefully after that we never have to hear about AM again.

And Rob I give Cotto lots of credit now. Lots more than I used to, but I dont feel like I was wrong back then. He's improved his game tremendously and its undeniable now that he's a stud. I still wouldn't necessarily say that his defense is elite or even borderline elite. I'd say it's good and much better than it used to be. I actually think it's his chin that doesn't get enough credit now. I'm officially a Cotto fan now.
          When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
            Margarito will be the one coming forward, but Cotto should win easily. Margarito is not that good and he will fight foolishly (just with his heart) while Cotto will fight with his heart and his brain. Just like in the Paul Williams fight, Margarito will lose and then all his fans will make excuses as to why he lost. Then everyone will say Cotto fears Margarito and is scared of a rematch. Bob Arum has everybody brainwashed with Margarito for some reason. He's tough, but tough doesn't mean good. He wouldn't be an easy fight for anybody but that doesn't mean that actually BEAT anybody of note. Cotto is the better fighter and it'll show on the 26th. Hopefully after that we never have to hear about AM again.

And Rob I give Cotto lots of credit now. Lots more than I used to, but I dont feel like I was wrong back then. He's improved his game tremendously and its undeniable now that he's a stud. I still wouldn't necessarily say that his defense is elite or even borderline elite. I'd say it's good and much better than it used to be. I actually think it's his chin that doesn't get enough credit now. I'm officially a Cotto fan now.
            haha my best friend actually came around too....i convert them one at a time. I think Cotto has very good defense actually. Pretty much the only punch that hits him is the uppercut. His defense has been a revelation to me. His jab too, where the eff did that come from? It is now one of the best in boxing. I just love how he is constantly improving.

Comment

• and margarito will come forward.....i think cotto will try and box his pants of tho and i think he can

Comment

• me andthis kid fought outside of a bsr one night, does that count as boxing .

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  and margarito will come forward.....i think cotto will try and box his pants of tho and i think he can

I think Cotto will stop him. His one punch power isn't as good as someone like Cintron's but his overall power is much better. Cintron can hurt u with one shot. Cotto hurts u with every shot. He'll hit AM too easily and wear him down late in the fight. I dont think AM has what it takes to hit Cotto with anything of significance. Too wild, too slow.
                  When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

• cotttttttoooooooo this weekend!!! haha I am so pumped up. Both looked in good shape at the weigh in.......not dried out. Margarito is WAY taller, but I dont see that being a problem for Cotto as Margarito doesnt fight like a tall guy, actually preferring to work on the inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      cotttttttoooooooo this weekend!!! haha I am so pumped up. Both looked in good shape at the weigh in.......not dried out. Margarito is WAY taller, but I dont see that being a problem for Cotto as Margarito doesnt fight like a tall guy, actually preferring to work on the inside.
                      Hell yes...I cant wait. My buddy's birthday is on the 30th so i bought this fight, in glorious HD for him. Guy has an unhealthy man crush on Cotto. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Margarito TKO in 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                          Margarito TKO in 5
                          Very BOLD.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Very BOLD.
                            I think Margarito knows this is his fight and he has the advantage. the ball is in his court.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Hell yes...I cant wait. My buddy's birthday is on the 30th so i bought this fight, in glorious HD for him. Guy has an unhealthy man crush on Cotto. haha.
                              he wouldnt be the only one lol. I love miguel cotto. I was one of the first to get on the bandwagon too. I remember it was when I was 1st getting into boxing, my 1st PPV he fought an 8 rounder and I said......he is my favorite fighter. It worked out haha.......it could have easily been Panchito Bojado or someone. So because I have been in from the beginning I almost feel like I have grown up with Cotto haha........its wierd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                                Margarito TKO in 5
                                if the fight ends early margarito will be the victor imo. I could see one of his uppercuts putting cotto down, thats pretty much the only punch that had consistently hit cotto tho. His defense has been money lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information